Gamers United
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-A Home for All Gamers-

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Useful moves/moves that wont be as useful in Gen 5

Go down 
+5
BlackandWhite
Jhonny C.
Pialga
Orion
Darkravenn12
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Darkravenn12

Darkravenn12

GU Credits : 5027

Useful moves/moves that wont be as useful in Gen 5 Empty
PostSubject: Useful moves/moves that wont be as useful in Gen 5   Useful moves/moves that wont be as useful in Gen 5 Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:10 pm

K, basically, what moves do u think are going to be very usefull in Gen 5
Some moves got a major upgrade, like hi jump kick, which now boasts much more base power
1 move that received a major upgrade is giga impact, as it now does not cause recharge IF it Ko's.
This would be extremely helpful on mainly CB slaking, which can ohko pretty much anything, with base 160 atk coming off of a choice band boost and a 150 base power STAB move. (geez talk about overkill)
Anyway, which moves do u think will be useful/less useful
Back to top Go down
Orion

Orion

GU Credits : 5000

PostSubject: Re: Useful moves/moves that wont be as useful in Gen 5   Useful moves/moves that wont be as useful in Gen 5 Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:47 pm

I think Claw Sharpen is not going to be that used, because I don't think people want to raise their accuracy, and if you want to raise the attack just use SD.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheFreaKazOide?feature=mhum
Pialga

Pialga

GU Credits : 5270

PostSubject: Re: Useful moves/moves that wont be as useful in Gen 5   Useful moves/moves that wont be as useful in Gen 5 Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:36 pm

Orion wrote:
I think Claw Sharpen is not going to be that used, because I don't think people want to raise their accuracy, and if you want to raise the attack just use SD.
actually if you use moves like stone edge or iron tail, Claw sharpen could be very useful.
Back to top Go down
Orion

Orion

GU Credits : 5000

PostSubject: Re: Useful moves/moves that wont be as useful in Gen 5   Useful moves/moves that wont be as useful in Gen 5 Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:44 pm

Pialga wrote:
Orion wrote:
actually if you use moves like stone edge or iron tail, Claw sharpen could be very useful.
I never saw people using Iron Tail, but you have a point on stone Edge...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheFreaKazOide?feature=mhum
Jhonny C.

Jhonny C.

GU Credits : 4959

PostSubject: Re: Useful moves/moves that wont be as useful in Gen 5   Useful moves/moves that wont be as useful in Gen 5 Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:25 pm

-Cough-SR not being a TM anymore-cough-
Back to top Go down
BlackandWhite

BlackandWhite

GU Credits : 5142

PostSubject: Re: Useful moves/moves that wont be as useful in Gen 5   Useful moves/moves that wont be as useful in Gen 5 Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:25 pm

Jhonny C. wrote:
-Cough-SR not being a TM anymore-cough-

That maybe true, but you can still transfer pokemon from the previous gen that know stealth rock...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheOshaWater
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

GU Credits : 5078

PostSubject: Re: Useful moves/moves that wont be as useful in Gen 5   Useful moves/moves that wont be as useful in Gen 5 Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:00 pm

Superpower is now 120 base power instead of 100, which really helps things like Absol who had problems beating Steels because of essentialy a 40 extra power attack

Explosion doesn't half defense anymore =[
Actually I don't mind this much but it's something worth noting because things like Metagross will be a bit more predictable due to the fact that it is unlikely that any of them will actually run Explosion.

Some moves could have been better such as Incinerate, a 30 power special Fire move that destroys the opponent's berry. They should have made it like a Fire type Pluck, which would have been great for Little Cup.
Back to top Go down
Pialga

Pialga

PostSubject: Re: Useful moves/moves that wont be as useful in Gen 5   Useful moves/moves that wont be as useful in Gen 5 Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:24 pm

Shnoogle wrote:
Superpower is now 120 base power instead of 100, which really helps things like Absol who had problems beating Steels because of essentialy a 40 extra power attack

Explosion doesn't half defense anymore =[
Actually I don't mind this much but it's something worth noting because things like Metagross will be a bit more predictable due to the fact that it is unlikely that any of them will actually run Explosion.

Some moves could have been better such as Incinerate, a 30 power special Fire move that destroys the opponent's berry. They should have made it like a Fire type Pluck, which would have been great for Little Cup.
Superpower already had 120 base power, but that reminds me. Hi jump Kick is now 130, now couple that with Claw sharpen too.
Back to top Go down
X

GU Credits : 5113

PostSubject: Re: Useful moves/moves that wont be as useful in Gen 5   Useful moves/moves that wont be as useful in Gen 5 Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:59 am

Well it looks like Sludge Wave is the new Sludge Bomb, with 95 power to 90, although Bomb has a 20% more chance of poisoning. I think people will use them depending on what preference they want, more power or more chance of poisoning.

Blaze Judgement also looks like it'll feature a lot in the metagame, by hitting all Pokemon on the field with a 100 base power, 100 accuracy attack, plus most likely with STAB. This move is a must have in any Sunny Day/Flash Fire team.
Back to top Go down
Dragonmxz

Dragonmxz

GU Credits : 4999

PostSubject: Re: Useful moves/moves that wont be as useful in Gen 5   Useful moves/moves that wont be as useful in Gen 5 Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:34 pm

srry i know this is a bit old but the whole not having to recharge woth slaking thing is wrong as it will still loaf around the next turn. The primary reason that slaking has giga impact is that since it has to loaf around anyway it might as well recharge.
Back to top Go down
Pialga

Pialga

PostSubject: Re: Useful moves/moves that wont be as useful in Gen 5   Useful moves/moves that wont be as useful in Gen 5 Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:43 pm

Here's an idea, Venom Shock paired with toxic spikes
Back to top Go down
BlackandWhite

BlackandWhite

GU Credits : 5142

PostSubject: Re: Useful moves/moves that wont be as useful in Gen 5   Useful moves/moves that wont be as useful in Gen 5 Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:00 pm

Orion wrote:
Pialga wrote:
Orion wrote:
I never saw people using Iron Tail, but you have a point on stone Edge...

Well Stone Edge still hits, it only does not hit rarely...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheOshaWater
Evil

GU Credits : 5161

PostSubject: Re: Useful moves/moves that wont be as useful in Gen 5   Useful moves/moves that wont be as useful in Gen 5 Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:11 pm

Useful moves/moves that wont be as useful in Gen 5 Houndoom

look at these they're ridiculous, as if they dont have bones, and they're made of gelatin

whoever made these should be slapped
Back to top Go down
Pialga

Pialga

PostSubject: Re: Useful moves/moves that wont be as useful in Gen 5   Useful moves/moves that wont be as useful in Gen 5 Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:53 pm

Dragonmxz wrote:
srry i know this is a bit old but the whole not having to recharge woth slaking thing is wrong as it will still loaf around the next turn. The primary reason that slaking has giga impact is that since it has to loaf around anyway it might as well recharge.
I'm still confused about this, but does Giga Impact not have to recharge if you KO, where did you get that from?
Back to top Go down
Darkravenn12

Darkravenn12

GU Credits : 5027

PostSubject: Re: Useful moves/moves that wont be as useful in Gen 5   Useful moves/moves that wont be as useful in Gen 5 Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:57 am

Pialga wrote:
Dragonmxz wrote:
I'm still confused about this, but does Giga Impact not have to recharge if you KO, where did you get that from?
no it does not have to recharge
and dragon that is really good b/c that means slaking has a use now. You can switch while loafing around, and with recharge you cannt. Therefore you can ko something dangerous or a wall, and then switch out to a counter for another poke. Therefore you can get out ur pokes 1 turn faster, and save 1 poke
Back to top Go down
Pialga

Pialga

PostSubject: Re: Useful moves/moves that wont be as useful in Gen 5   Useful moves/moves that wont be as useful in Gen 5 Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:39 pm

Darkravenn12 wrote:
Pialga wrote:
Dragonmxz wrote:
no it does not have to recharge
and dragon that is really good b/c that means slaking has a use now. You can switch while loafing around, and with recharge you cannt. Therefore you can ko something dangerous or a wall, and then switch out to a counter for another poke. Therefore you can get out ur pokes 1 turn faster, and save 1 poke
so does that work for the other variants too?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Useful moves/moves that wont be as useful in Gen 5   Useful moves/moves that wont be as useful in Gen 5 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Useful moves/moves that wont be as useful in Gen 5
Page 1 of 1