Gamers United
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-A Home for All Gamers-

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Triple Battles

Go down 
+5
Shnoogle
Dragonmxz
BlackandWhite
Elfar
X
9 posters
AuthorMessage
X

GU Credits : 5113

Triple Battles Empty
PostSubject: Triple Battles   Triple Battles Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:34 am

I honestly have low hopes for Triple Battle success, so I figured I'd create a thread about it.

I'm not really that excited about the new Triple Battles, apparently the midde Pokemon can attack all 3 of the opposite Pokemon, the one on the left can attack the opponent on the left and in the middle, the one on the right can attack the opponent on the right and middle.

This ecentially restricts trainers freedom to win the battle, say if you had a Arcanine on the left and there was a Jumpluff on the opponent's right, you would not be able to land a super-effective hit and restraining Pokemon like that could in the outcome lose you the battle.

I've also heard of a new "shooter" option, I currently do not know what it does, so any input on that would be helpful for my understanding.

Discuss...
Back to top Go down
Elfar

Elfar

GU Credits : 5054

Triple Battles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Triple Battles   Triple Battles Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:13 pm

Think about this. Pressure or intimidate x3. nuff said.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Elfarz
BlackandWhite

BlackandWhite

GU Credits : 5142

Triple Battles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Triple Battles   Triple Battles Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:27 pm

Elfar wrote:
^^^^^^

Triple battles will require new strategies, new thinking, and: a whole new metagame.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheOshaWater
Dragonmxz

Dragonmxz

GU Credits : 4999

Triple Battles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Triple Battles   Triple Battles Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:49 pm

Meta game? this is whats its going to be like.

Team 1: GO GARCHOMP AND SCIZOR AND PIALGA! YOU CAN"T BEAT ME!
Team 2: Go...MetaGross Dusknoir Heatran.
Oh look, metagorss has choicescarf, heatran protects, and duscknoir trickrooms while metagorss explodes and kills half the other team.

Team 1 loses.

Its just going to be explosion after explosion after explosion.
Back to top Go down
X

Triple Battles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Triple Battles   Triple Battles Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:41 am

BlackandWhite wrote:
Elfar wrote:
^^^^^^

Triple battles will require new strategies, new thinking, and: a whole new metagame.

Which will eliminate most other strategies, it seems I'll have to spend more time with Triples.

I assume it was sensible to scrap Explosions defence drop.

New thinking; yay maybe I can redeem myself after my appauling efforts at singles Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BlackandWhite

BlackandWhite

Triple Battles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Triple Battles   Triple Battles Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:25 am

Yeah but think about the Plus and Minus trio, and helping hand trio.
Back to top Go down
X

Triple Battles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Triple Battles   Triple Battles Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:03 pm

BlackandWhite wrote:

I think you have to pick who you use helping hand on now, I somewhat doubt it'll work for both partner Pokemon.

As well as that the Plus and Minus will only work once, so it'll only raise Sp. Atk one stage if there's at least one Pokemon with the opposite ability.
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

GU Credits : 5078

Triple Battles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Triple Battles   Triple Battles Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:19 am

Explosion will not be as effective as you guys might think... First of all, it has half of the power it had last generation and second, when a move targets two Pokémon it only has 75% (correct me if I am wrong) of the power it would normally have. Therefore, 250*.75= 187.5 power... Basically one STAB Close Combat which Garchomp, Scizor and Dialga could all easily survive, especially with the latter's resistance to Explosion
Back to top Go down
Evil

GU Credits : 5161

Triple Battles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Triple Battles   Triple Battles Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:24 pm

woooo triple battles im so excited!
alien alien alien alien alien alien
Back to top Go down
X

Triple Battles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Triple Battles   Triple Battles Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:25 pm

Evil wrote:
woooo triple battles im so excited!
alien alien alien alien alien alien

Evil, be pro, kk.
Back to top Go down
Momo

Momo

GU Credits : 5159

Triple Battles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Triple Battles   Triple Battles Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:35 pm

They may be broken maybe not
Back to top Go down
Trompoke

Trompoke

GU Credits : 4978

Triple Battles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Triple Battles   Triple Battles Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:53 pm

Eh, I'm not excited for Triple battles since I think it is just like double battles with an extra poke.
Back to top Go down
yoshibreathesfire

yoshibreathesfire

GU Credits : 5358

Triple Battles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Triple Battles   Triple Battles Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:09 pm

I'm not a competitive battler, so some of my thoughts may be different then other peoples', but I think that triple battles add an element of luck to pokemon, which is nothing new with critical hits, confusion, Para-Hax, Etc.

It makes battles more luck based, and some people may like it, others may not.

I for one, like it.
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

Triple Battles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Triple Battles   Triple Battles Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:12 pm

yoshibreathesfire wrote:
I'm not a competitive battler, so some of my thoughts may be different then other peoples', but I think that triple battles add an element of luck to pokemon, which is nothing new with critical hits, confusion, Para-Hax, Etc.

I for one, like it.

Well said... I'd hate it if I had, say, a Jolteon on the far right and they had a Gyarados on the far left. I mean, there isn't any way you could have known that would happen in order for you to change your positioning before the battle. I guess you would have to put the main attacking Pokémon in the middle, and the weaker, supporting Pokémon on the outsides
Back to top Go down
yoshibreathesfire

yoshibreathesfire

Triple Battles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Triple Battles   Triple Battles Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:19 pm

Shnoogle wrote:
yoshibreathesfire wrote:

I for one, like it.

Well said... I'd hate it if I had, say, a Jolteon on the far right and they had a Gyarados on the far left. I mean, there isn't any way you could have known that would happen in order for you to change your positioning before the battle. I guess you would have to put the main attacking Pokémon in the middle, and the weaker, supporting Pokémon on the outsides
That's the point. It's luck based.
Obviously, the person with the Gyarados, would feel lucky and would be happier than you.

Everyone says that they would hate to not be able to get super effective hits, but you all would be happy if you sent out raichu on the left, and someone sent out dugtrio on the right.
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

Triple Battles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Triple Battles   Triple Battles Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:21 pm

yoshibreathesfire wrote:
Shnoogle wrote:
yoshibreathesfire wrote:

I for one, like it.

Obviously, the person with the Gyarados, would feel lucky and would be happier than you.

Everyone says that they would hate to not be able to get super effective hits, but you all would be happy if you sent out raichu on the left, and someone sent out dugtrio on the right.

lol I know I was agreeing with you =P
But won't things like EQ and Surf still hit all Pokémon?
Back to top Go down
yoshibreathesfire

yoshibreathesfire

Triple Battles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Triple Battles   Triple Battles Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:27 pm

Shnoogle wrote:
yoshibreathesfire wrote:
Shnoogle wrote:
yoshibreathesfire wrote:

I for one, like it.

lol I know I was agreeing with you =P

But won't things like EQ and Surf still hit all Pokémon?
FAIL!
I didn't see that....
:'(
Sorry.

Either way, I'm not a competitive battler, so what I want to see is how triple battles come into play in the actual game.
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

Triple Battles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Triple Battles   Triple Battles Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:29 pm

lol it's fine =D

And yeah that would be cool if there are like 3 on 3 gym leaders and trainers scattered throughout the game just to keep the game interesting!

Back to top Go down
BlackandWhite

BlackandWhite

Triple Battles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Triple Battles   Triple Battles Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:59 pm

yoshibreathesfire wrote:

Either way, I'm not a competitive battler.

Well the apple doesn't fall far from the tree *cough* Connor *cough*
Back to top Go down
Evil

GU Credits : 5161

Triple Battles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Triple Battles   Triple Battles Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:45 pm

who cares 3 exploding + helping hand dusknoirs, that'd be hilarious
Back to top Go down
BlackandWhite

BlackandWhite

Triple Battles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Triple Battles   Triple Battles Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:42 pm

Psycosmic wrote:
BlackandWhite wrote:

I think you have to pick who you use helping hand on now, I somewhat doubt it'll work for both partner Pokemon.

As well as that the Plus and Minus will only work once, so it'll only raise Sp. Atk one stage if there's at least one Pokemon with the opposite ability.

Sorry for reviving the topic but I just need to get this out:

http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/updatedability.shtml

Look at plus and minus at the bottom. Just in-case one of you need to learn those mechanics...
Back to top Go down
Dragonmxz

Dragonmxz

GU Credits : 4999

Triple Battles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Triple Battles   Triple Battles Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:42 pm

maybe they will include an ability to swap positon in battle in exchange for losing a turn for the pokemon that swapped.
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

Triple Battles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Triple Battles   Triple Battles Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:35 am

BlackandWhite wrote:
Psycosmic wrote:
BlackandWhite wrote:

Sorry for reviving the topic but I just need to get this out:

http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/updatedability.shtml

Look at plus and minus at the bottom. Just in-case one of you need to learn those mechanics...

Does this include enemies that have Plus/Minus too? Like, if they had a Gigigear and I did too, will both of our SpA stats be raised?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Triple Battles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Triple Battles   Triple Battles Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Triple Battles
Page 1 of 1