Gamers United
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-A Home for All Gamers-

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Who should be made Uber?

Go down 
+6
ninetalescommander
Shnoogle
frynaut
BlackandWhite
Evil
FullofWin
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Insanity

Insanity

GU Credits : 4981

Who should be made Uber? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who should be made Uber?   Who should be made Uber? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:45 pm

BlackandWhite wrote:
Wynaut shouldn't be Uber, it should be OU. It is as weak as pie... unless someone can tell me why it is Uber.

With a focus sash it can kill anything as long as there isn't any weather or entry hazards (easily removable)

frynaut wrote:
Roopushin. It's just waaay too overpowered...

Its also way too slow to be considered capable of being uber.

ninetalescommander wrote:
I'm only saying 1 name:

Scizor

Scizor is even easier to counter in 5th gen.
Back to top Go down
Pialga

Pialga

GU Credits : 5270

PostSubject: Re: Who should be made Uber?   Who should be made Uber? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:44 pm

eaglehawks wrote:
Pialga wrote:
What about Ulgamoth? with 135 Sp.Atk and Speed plus Butterfly dance and Fire Dance can make it a pretty easy to sweep whole teams with.
Well...
Let us assume there are 3 layers of Spikes, which does roughly about 25%. Then let's factor in Stealth Rock, which does 50% to its health. Upon entry, it loses about 75% of its health on the spot.
That's assuming a lot.
Back to top Go down
Evil

GU Credits : 5161

PostSubject: Re: Who should be made Uber?   Who should be made Uber? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:00 pm

Lets assume we dont want to play this game because its horrible.

Pialga wrote:
Evil wrote:
These names sound terrible pale
No derp, they're Japanese puns.

Yeah they still sound horrible.

Back to top Go down
Dragonmxz

Dragonmxz

GU Credits : 4999

PostSubject: Re: Who should be made Uber?   Who should be made Uber? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:44 pm

the grass starter snake thing(Jalorda) should be at least Ou, considering that it has leafstorm AND antagonist. put a Cspecs on that thing, and its nigh unbeatable unless you counter it fast.
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

GU Credits : 5078

PostSubject: Re: Who should be made Uber?   Who should be made Uber? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:10 pm

Pialga wrote:
eaglehawks wrote:
Pialga wrote:
What about Ulgamoth? with 135 Sp.Atk and Speed plus Butterfly dance and Fire Dance can make it a pretty easy to sweep whole teams with.
Well...
Let us assume there are 3 layers of Spikes, which does roughly about 25%. Then let's factor in Stealth Rock, which does 50% to its health. Upon entry, it loses about 75% of its health on the spot.
That's assuming a lot.

Obviously any skilled player would pack a rapid spinner, and if they aren't, well, they should be easy to beat anyways if they are foolish enough to run a 4* SR Pokémon without a spinner.

Although Roob is quite slow, it has STAB priority and 140 base attack... The things that can take that move easily are dismantled by either Payback or Stone Edge. I don't think it will be Uber, mainly because of its poor SpD and ability to be OHKOed by many Pokémon that aren't OHKOed by Mach Punch, but it will be a top tier threat.

Jalorda is really annoying, but at the same time it is counterable. Dragonite, Skarmory, Heatran, Celebi etc... can all counter it depending on its hidden power, but figuring out the hidden power can be tricky sometimes.

In my opinion, the Ground/Flying genie is incredibly too strong. A simple LO one did about half damage to my max HP Gliscor with Stone Edge. It is its ability that makes it overpowered (sand throw).
Back to top Go down
Pialga

Pialga

GU Credits : 5270

PostSubject: Re: Who should be made Uber?   Who should be made Uber? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:26 pm

Shnoogle wrote:
Pialga wrote:
eaglehawks wrote:
Pialga wrote:
Well...
That's assuming a lot.

Obviously any skilled player would pack a rapid spinner, and if they aren't, well, they should be easy to beat anyways if they are foolish enough to run a 4* SR Pokémon without a spinner.

Although Roob is quite slow, it has STAB priority and 140 base attack... The things that can take that move easily are dismantled by either Payback or Stone Edge. I don't think it will be Uber, mainly because of its poor SpD and ability to be OHKOed by many Pokémon that aren't OHKOed by Mach Punch, but it will be a top tier threat.

Jalorda is really annoying, but at the same time it is counterable. Dragonite, Skarmory, Heatran, Celebi etc... can all counter it depending on its hidden power, but figuring out the hidden power can be tricky sometimes.

In my opinion, the Ground/Flying genie is incredibly too strong. A simple LO one did about half damage to my max HP Gliscor with Stone Edge. It is its ability that makes it overpowered (sand throw).
Pertaining to Ulgamoth, that's what I was saying. Of course if you don't run stealth rocks, this thing can mess you up, and if you run rocks just for Ulgamoth, that's a sign of centralization.
Back to top Go down
eaglehawks

eaglehawks

GU Credits : 4956

PostSubject: Re: Who should be made Uber?   Who should be made Uber? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:33 pm

Pialga wrote:
Shnoogle wrote:
Pialga wrote:
eaglehawks wrote:
Pialga wrote:
Well...
That's assuming a lot.

Pertaining to Ulgamoth, that's what I was saying. Of course if you don't run stealth rocks, this thing can mess you up, and if you run rocks just for Ulgamoth, that's a sign of centralization.

I find that the thing is that everything that people say are going to be Ubers, we're just saying that in comparison to the 4th Gen Metagame. I see that 5th generation has a lot of powerful Pokemon, such as 140 stats all over the place. Does that they mean they're going to hit Uber? Probably not. Considering the number of the kinds of Pokemon, they're just going to start a new generation of OU, where the weak ends of the current OU are probably going to be bumped down to BL or UU in 5th Generation.

As stated by Pialga, Roob isn't hitting Ubers anytime soon, but his movepool is going to give many Pogeys trouble. I can imagine Roob under a Subpunch set. Thinking about it, 105/95/65 aren't that bad of defenses, and a Focus Punch coming off of a Base 140 Attack is a worrisome thought, though 5th Generation also introduced Dragon Tail, which technically is a Whirlwind with more hurt. Dragon tail is a surefire way to break a Bulky Roob's sub. I also believe Roob is also going to run Payback to hit Psychic and Ghost-Types while Stone Edge to hit Flying-types.

As for Jalorda, it will probably be relished to duties as an amazing supporter in some lower tiers. Although it has a lot of boosting moves, it has a diminutive offensive movepool, which don't offer decent coverage. It has decent bulk AND SubSeed, as well as Glare and Taunt. This shows the amazing support versatility of Jalorda. In lower tiers, Jalorda can shut down Venusaur's Sleep Powder and a number of walls. Then it can follow up with SubSeeds, forcing a switch out. Glare is a useful Support move for it to use to cripple fast sweepers, allowing other team members to come in and wipe it out. Overall, Jalorda is definitely going to be an interesting addition to the lower tiers.

Also, Pialga's statement about the Ground/Flying genie thing brought up my other statement. Apparently, I believe the metagame in 5th Gen. is going to be even more Sandstorm oriented due to the inclusion of two Pro-Sand abilities, and the amount of Pokemon who have them. Just as Stealth Rock was the pivotal point of Generation IV, Sandstorm becomes the main focus of Generation V. It'll be more of a battle about setting up and getting rid of Sandstorm. As for the Ground genie, it is defensively not strong and boasts a 4x weakness to Ice and a 2x weakness to Water, both common offensive types to be found in OU. I think a potent threat would be Doryuuzu, the mole thing. That thing would be blazing fast with Sand Throw, and having STAB on Earthquake with a base 135 Attack is scary.

As to the Ulgamoth argument, if you look at all of today's most used leads and check their Gen. V Dream World ability, some of them either get none or get something slightly gimmicky or useless altogether. Aerodactyl with Tension? Metagross with Light Metal? Azelf with nothing? Many of these commonplace leads will prefer the abilities the have over their Gen. V Dream World ones. So basically speaking, considering how well the top five leads work in OU, we can speculate that they probably would also work well in the next OU. Considering the predictions of a Sandstorm-centralized OU, many of the common leads of OU are ready to go onto the battlefield and lead or come in later and set up Stealth Rock.

In conclusion, saying that Ulgamoth is going to be badly damaged by Stealth Rock is not centralization, rather it's an accepted fact that Stealth Rock isn't really going away and is still a mild threat in the metagame, and that goes to all Pokemon weak to Stealth rock, not just Ulgamoth. Even though Spinners of Generation 5 have a no miss Rapid Spin in the form of Aim Mark, people will always find ways around those obstacles. I think that Knock Off will be used more often to get rid of Aim Mark on Spinners.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who should be made Uber?   Who should be made Uber? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Who should be made Uber?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2