Gamers United
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-A Home for All Gamers-

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

About what is happening today's generation

Go down 
+14
Dragonmxz
BlackandWhite
Evil Oogie
LucarioLady
Pialga
oniongravy64
mrcatz
UndyingFury
Rover
yoshibreathesfire
Evil
Shnoogle
Orion
Sir-Mao
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Pialga

Pialga

GU Credits : 5270

About what is happening today's generation - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: About what is happening today's generation   About what is happening today's generation - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:03 pm

I can't say that things have ALWAYS been better, but whenever a people begin to dimmer in morality or maturity, everyone loses in some way. Getting drunk, used, etc isn't the direct problem- we lack real things to value.
Back to top Go down
Evil

GU Credits : 5161

PostSubject: 仙人掌   About what is happening today's generation - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:03 pm

Pialga wrote:
I can't say that things have ALWAYS been better, but whenever a people begin to dimmer in morality or maturity, everyone loses in some way. Getting drunk, used, etc isn't the direct problem- we lack real things to value.

no one cares
Back to top Go down
ConnorSaurusRex

ConnorSaurusRex

GU Credits : 5146

PostSubject: Re: About what is happening today's generation   About what is happening today's generation - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:28 pm

Pialga wrote:

Wanna know what we value? Getting used, drunk, and high. Ever watched "When I was 17" on MTV? It's about what celebrities did when THEY were (dur) 17! Donald Trump was on there, and yeah, he did some bad shit too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.poyom0n.tumblr.com
Pialga

Pialga

PostSubject: Re: About what is happening today's generation   About what is happening today's generation - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:50 pm

ConnorSaurusRex wrote:
Pialga wrote:

Wanna know what we value? Getting used, drunk, and high. Ever watched "When I was 17" on MTV? It's about what celebrities did when THEY were (dur) 17! Donald Trump was on there, and yeah, he did some bad shit too.
That's not a value, just because others did stupid stuff doesn't mean we have to follow. Values are about moral/honor principals you follow because you believe for them to be right, or things/people you believe in/cherish that you wish preserve.
Back to top Go down
yoshibreathesfire

yoshibreathesfire

GU Credits : 5358

PostSubject: Re: About what is happening today's generation   About what is happening today's generation - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:54 pm

Pialga wrote:
ConnorSaurusRex wrote:
Pialga wrote:

.... just because others did stupid stuff doesn't mean we have to follow.

When we follow other people in doing bad things then that just makes us lemmings.

Ever seen a pile of dead lemmings at the bottom of a cliff? Once one jumps, then the rest do.
Ever seen a group of teenagers that were high? Once one offers, the others can't refuse or they'll look like wimps or losers etc.
It's the same concept.

I'd much rather be an independent chicken then a following sheep.
Back to top Go down
ConnorSaurusRex

ConnorSaurusRex

PostSubject: Re: About what is happening today's generation   About what is happening today's generation - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:27 am

Pialga wrote:
ConnorSaurusRex wrote:
Pialga wrote:

That's not a value, just because others did stupid stuff doesn't mean we have to follow. Values are about moral/honor principals you follow because you believe for them to be right, or things/people you believe in/cherish that you wish preserve.

That's what a majority of teenagers VALUE now. Just because the proper "beattitudes/cardinal virtues/moral high roads" are not the same, doesn't make them less valuable.

yoshibreathesfire wrote:
Pialga wrote:
ConnorSaurusRex wrote:
Pialga wrote:

.... just because others did stupid stuff doesn't mean we have to follow.

When we follow other people in doing bad things then that just makes us lemmings.

Ever seen a pile of dead lemmings at the bottom of a cliff? Once one jumps, then the rest do.
Ever seen a group of teenagers that were high? Once one offers, the others can't refuse or they'll look like wimps or losers etc.
It's the same concept.

I'd much rather be an independent chicken then a following sheep.

If ALL the other lemmigns are dead, that'd be a very lousy life.
Back to top Go down
oniongravy64
Admin
oniongravy64

GU Credits : 14050

PostSubject: Re: About what is happening today's generation   About what is happening today's generation - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:37 am

People are lazy sheep, they'll do what is easiest and what everyone else is doing, hence the mass of people obsessed with drinking and ****ing everything that moves.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/oniongravy64?feature=mhum
GaiaAero

GaiaAero

GU Credits : 4971

PostSubject: Re: About what is happening today's generation   About what is happening today's generation - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:00 pm

let the douchebags be douchebags.
they'll have a rude awakening soon enough
Back to top Go down
Boris5000

Boris5000

GU Credits : 4964

PostSubject: Re: About what is happening today's generation   About what is happening today's generation - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:54 pm

"To each his own" comes into mind (yes I am blessing you with my amazing thoughts)
For those unaware of it's definition: Statement said when someone does not agree with your opinion.

This sums up perfectly this classic dilema of the age of youth - Having being blessed with living life, before the internet was easy to access, lack of video games consoles, no fancy televisions (I still don't own a TV). I have grown up with those suitable preferences of that of my Parents and Elders, there are some in my own generation that were "economically" better off and had access to these things and tend to be more rebelious. But I digress.

As stated earlier some post above me, the somewhat super-imposed anarchy - happens all the time. Life isn't all glittering lights and Vegas. As Dan had stated, and I agree, "Life is shit."

Offtopic: I will make an amazing adult.
Back to top Go down
yoshibreathesfire

yoshibreathesfire

GU Credits : 5358

PostSubject: Re: About what is happening today's generation   About what is happening today's generation - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:57 pm

Boris5000 wrote:
"To each his own" comes into mind (yes I am blessing you with my amazing thoughts)
For those unaware of it's definition: Statement said when someone does not agree with your opinion.

This sums up perfectly this classic dilema of the age of youth - Having being blessed with living life, before the internet was easy to access, lack of video games consoles, no fancy televisions (I still don't own a TV). I have grown up with those suitable preferences of that of my Parents and Elders, there are some in my own generation that were "economically" better off and had access to these things and tend to be more rebelious. But I digress.

As stated earlier some post above me, the somewhat super-imposed anarchy - happens all the time. Life isn't all glittering lights and Vegas. As Dan had stated, and I agree, "Life is shit."

Offtopic: I will make an amazing adult.
I think that what you said just ended this discussion in a very mature way.
Good job!
Back to top Go down
ConnorSaurusRex

ConnorSaurusRex

PostSubject: Re: About what is happening today's generation   About what is happening today's generation - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:36 pm

GaiaAero wrote:

Ehh... not really. Take the guys from Jersey Shore. All the do is cheat on girls, get drunk, and probably do a shit ton of drugs. BUT THEY MAKE MONEY DOING IT.
Back to top Go down
GaiaAero

GaiaAero

GU Credits : 4971

PostSubject: Re: About what is happening today's generation   About what is happening today's generation - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:11 pm

ConnorSaurusRex wrote:
GaiaAero wrote:

Ehh... not really. Take the guys from Jersey Shore. All the do is cheat on girls, get drunk, and probably do a shit ton of drugs. BUT THEY MAKE MONEY DOING IT.
Yes, because reality tv accurately represents life.
cool
Back to top Go down
ConnorSaurusRex

ConnorSaurusRex

PostSubject: Re: About what is happening today's generation   About what is happening today's generation - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:20 pm

GaiaAero wrote:
ConnorSaurusRex wrote:
GaiaAero wrote:

Yes, because reality tv accurately represents life.
cool

They live that way outside of their show, you realize. Don't have to be rude about it. Pauly D is a DJ, thus on the scene, thus exposed to booze, drugs, and sex every night.
Back to top Go down
Pialga

Pialga

PostSubject: Re: About what is happening today's generation   About what is happening today's generation - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:01 pm

I'm still confused that someone on here would actually willingly watch Jersey Shore.
Back to top Go down
oniongravy64
Admin
oniongravy64

PostSubject: Re: About what is happening today's generation   About what is happening today's generation - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:49 pm

Pialga wrote:
I'm still confused that someone on here would actually willingly watch Jersey Shore.

I don't know who this bloke is, but they don't sound very regular.

You can make an exception to any rule, just like I'd say everyone here is a tosser bar myself. (Jokingly I'd say that, I'm simply trying to make a point)
Back to top Go down
Pialga

Pialga

PostSubject: Re: About what is happening today's generation   About what is happening today's generation - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:17 pm

oniongravy64 wrote:
Pialga wrote:

You can make an exception to any rule, just like I'd say everyone here is a tosser bar myself. (Jokingly I'd say that, I'm simply trying to make a point)
what's a tosser bar? Neutral
Back to top Go down
oniongravy64
Admin
oniongravy64

PostSubject: Re: About what is happening today's generation   About what is happening today's generation - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:23 pm

Pialga wrote:
oniongravy64 wrote:
Pialga wrote:

what's a tosser bar? Neutral

They not teach you to use 3 letter words where you're from? Bar means "with exception to/being".
Back to top Go down
Evil

GU Credits : 5161

PostSubject: Re: About what is happening today's generation   About what is happening today's generation - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:49 pm

ConnorSaurusRex wrote:
Pialga wrote:

ekrhsekjhrlkshr no one cares, they want to get attention or have fun, your parents have probably done worse in the 60's or something.

you will too, just wait its inevitable drunken

Back to top Go down
Pialga

Pialga

PostSubject: Re: About what is happening today's generation   About what is happening today's generation - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:59 pm

Evil wrote:
ConnorSaurusRex wrote:
Pialga wrote:

ekrhsekjhrlkshr no one cares, they want to get attention or have fun, your parents have probably done worse in the 60's or something.

you will too, just wait its inevitable drunken

never tell me what I'm gonna do -_-, that's a big pet peeve of mine.
Back to top Go down
ConnorSaurusRex

ConnorSaurusRex

PostSubject: Re: About what is happening today's generation   About what is happening today's generation - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:28 pm

EVIL IS RIGHT.
HEIL EVIL.

Okay, so I don't watch Jersey Shore, it's cancer. I do not want cancer. Therefore, I do not watch cancer. You get?

BTW IF YOU DON'T GET WHAT I MEAN BY CANCER, I SUGGEST YOU IGNORE THAT.
Back to top Go down
FatalErrorGames

GU Credits : 4913

PostSubject: Re: About what is happening today's generation   About what is happening today's generation - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:52 pm

I grew up on Warcraft 3. Been playing it for 9 years. BTW im 14. And i am extremely respectful. I go around school saying respect your upper classmen. I hold doors for elderly couples, and I dont ditch my family plans just to go sit with a friend at the mall. This Generation is horrible. But until Justin Bieber and Megan Fox can create mind control devices and use them to make people change. We have no hope. Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/FatalErrorGames
ConnorSaurusRex

ConnorSaurusRex

PostSubject: Re: About what is happening today's generation   About what is happening today's generation - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:56 am

FatalErrorGames wrote:
I grew up on Warcraft 3. Been playing it for 9 years. BTW im 14. And i am extremely respectful. I go around school saying respect your upper classmen. I hold doors for elderly couples, and I dont ditch my family plans just to go sit with a friend at the mall. This Generation is horrible. But until Justin Bieber and Megan Fox can create mind control devices and use them to make people change. We have no hope. Razz

Necromancy is hot.
Back to top Go down
Pialga

Pialga

PostSubject: Re: About what is happening today's generation   About what is happening today's generation - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:43 am

ConnorSaurusRex wrote:
FatalErrorGames wrote:

Necromancy is hot.
at least you didn't say necrophilia
Back to top Go down
oniongravy64
Admin
oniongravy64

PostSubject: Re: About what is happening today's generation   About what is happening today's generation - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:48 pm

Good effort with the 1 month bump there guys...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: About what is happening today's generation   About what is happening today's generation - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

About what is happening today's generation
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2