Gamers United
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-A Home for All Gamers-

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Outgrown Pokémon?

Go down 
+4
Evil Oogie
mrcatz
Pialga
ConnorSaurusRex
8 posters
AuthorMessage
ConnorSaurusRex

ConnorSaurusRex

GU Credits : 5146

Outgrown Pokémon? Empty
PostSubject: Outgrown Pokémon?   Outgrown Pokémon? Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:01 pm

Frankly, we all end up doing it. Some later than others (Kanrik is in college and still plays, I just started highschool and I think it's childish. Not calling you out BTW)

I think giving up something like Pokémon is influenced by who you surround yourself with. If you hang out with PC gamers, you're gonna go and play TF2 or Starcraft II. If you surround yourself with console gamers, you'll end up playing COD or Halo.

So, I want to know, how did YOU grow/are growing out of Pokémon in a way?

Girls. Girlsgirlsgirls. They made me. :#
Back to top Go down
http://www.poyom0n.tumblr.com
Pialga

Pialga

GU Credits : 5270

Outgrown Pokémon? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outgrown Pokémon?   Outgrown Pokémon? Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:15 pm

I thought you met a girl who liked pokemon? How did girls make you outgrow pokemon? Actually funny story though, I outgrew pokemon and my then-new friends in freshmen year played it and got me back into it. First I initially resisted, but nostalgia of fun times rushed back to me, they taught me the complex mechanics of the game. Then I my friend let me borrow LeafGreen ^_^, instantly reawakening my old pokefan, eventually I got Platinum when it came out and started to hone my skills, and the rest is history. Similar story with Digimon too.
Back to top Go down
mrcatz

mrcatz

GU Credits : 5039

Outgrown Pokémon? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outgrown Pokémon?   Outgrown Pokémon? Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:51 pm

I'm good at sports so I don't care what people think if I play pokemon since I'm not a total loser. Plus I don't like the people that would tempt me to quit so I really don't wanna quit. Also I have wifi now so I can battle making it even more appealing
Back to top Go down
Evil Oogie

Evil Oogie

GU Credits : 4993

Outgrown Pokémon? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outgrown Pokémon?   Outgrown Pokémon? Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:50 pm

I thought I out grew it back in the day, the day of the original Gold and Silver... But one day 6th or 7th grade I think, I saw some kids playing Ruby and Sapphire on the bus, and that brought me back to it... I'm pretty sure I've "quit playing" pokemon about 7 times since then, but I just keep coming back to it... I doubt I'll ever truly give it up at this rate... I'll be the creepy 43 year old standing behind the 8 year old in line for the next pokemon game * insert disturbing visual here *
Back to top Go down
Darkravenn12

Darkravenn12

GU Credits : 5027

Outgrown Pokémon? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outgrown Pokémon?   Outgrown Pokémon? Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:49 am

I dont think you can be too old for it. There's adults who play pokemon, I know good battlers on irc who are like 30.
Back to top Go down
oniongravy64
Admin
oniongravy64

GU Credits : 14050

Outgrown Pokémon? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outgrown Pokémon?   Outgrown Pokémon? Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:52 am

Can't say I'm growing out of Pokemon specifically, more, I'm growing out of gaming full stop.

It doesn't have the same allure it did when I was 3 ft tall. Games are predictable now and due to people who insist on spoiling games before they even come out, they simply don't interest me to the same degree as they used to.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/oniongravy64?feature=mhum
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

GU Credits : 5078

Outgrown Pokémon? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outgrown Pokémon?   Outgrown Pokémon? Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:07 am

I've said to myself that I would quit may times over the past few years, but the UT forums in general kind of made me stick with it. The point is, it really isn't that childish as Pokémon mechanics and all the team building, prediction etc... involved with it prevents children from playing the game competitively in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
ConnorSaurusRex

ConnorSaurusRex

GU Credits : 5146

Outgrown Pokémon? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outgrown Pokémon?   Outgrown Pokémon? Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:33 pm

I know Pokémon takes strategy and such, it's just the fact that in our society today, people think things from their childhood can't be "mature."

Now Dan, you make a valid point. Too many people are spoiling games, and it's hard to get into after that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.poyom0n.tumblr.com
Evil

GU Credits : 5161

Outgrown Pokémon? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outgrown Pokémon?   Outgrown Pokémon? Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:54 pm

i dont feel like turning on the ds anymore, and i'm too lazy to get it out Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Outgrown Pokémon? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outgrown Pokémon?   Outgrown Pokémon? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Outgrown Pokémon?
Page 1 of 1