Gamers United
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-A Home for All Gamers-

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Aspirations and Dreams By:Noheartx

Go down 
AuthorMessage
noheartx

noheartx

GU Credits : 4974

Aspirations and Dreams    By:Noheartx Empty
PostSubject: Aspirations and Dreams By:Noheartx   Aspirations and Dreams    By:Noheartx Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:29 pm

A/N: Hey guys, I'm Noheartx, and this is my first Fanfiction. It's from the first person POV of an OC loosely based off of myself. I don't really know what else to say here soo…..enjoy!

Disclaimer: No, I don't own Pokémon.(surprising right?)

Aspirations and Dreams

Chapter: 1 Meet Dire

"Ugh, I can't believe I have to walk to school." I said that aloud to no one in particular, because I was alone. Which is expected considering I don't know anyone. Although it's probably better than taking the bus, especially when you're a junior who knows no one. Then again, its not like anyone can make fun of me for not being able to drive, being a bit young for my grade. And I can't deny it's a good way to get exercise and stay in shape. I couldn't help but let out a sigh at that. It was my first day at this new school. I just moved here from my old home in Goldenrod City of the Johto region, to Petalburg City in the Hoenn region. Petalburg is a nice place to live don't get me wrong, and its actually pretty similar to Goldenrod, but what teenager wants to move away from a place he lived all his life and leave his closest friends. So now I was walking, more like dragging myself, to the school I would now attend, Petalburg Public High School. I wasn't nervous or anything like that, I'm a pretty outgoing and sociable guy, and its not like I'm bad to look at, at least I like to think that. I'm about 6'1", with brown hair that comes down to about the middle of my neck. Said hair doesn't really like to cooperate with me most of the time, so I just let it do its own thing. I have dark brown eyes, and a nose that's a little bit…larger…than I wished it was. My skin is pretty light, but I was still tan from being outside all summer. Come wintertime I get pretty damn pale, not ghostly pale but its pretty white. I have a pretty skinny build, although I don't think I'd go as far to say I'm lanky. My attire was a white knit ski hat, a generic brand blank blue t-shirt, and white mesh shorts with a silver stripe down the side and a triangle of black that outlined the pockets. My shoes we custom ordered Adidas, blue base color with stripes of lime green all over, and my name "Dire" inscribed in lime green thread on the heel. They were kinda flashy, ok very flashy, but it's a conversation piece. And around my waist was my standard black belt, with six slots, each for a pokeball. Ahh Pokemon, the wondrous creatures that inhabit our vast world. I love Pokémon. I mean what's not to love, they're fun, strong, cute…you know it a manly way. At my old school I was one of the top battlers there, if not the top battler. But no point in getting cocky right now, I didn't want to look like a jackass on my first day. Not the greatest first impression. I looked at my lanyard around my neck, and examined my ID card. It read: Dire Wahrod, Class of 2012, Petalburg Public High School. Yep, my name is Dire Wahrod, pretty cool right. I mean I like it; it's definitely an original name. "Finally." I approached the school, and I was a little surprised. It was pretty damn big. There was a red brick school building, which was three floors, and I couldn't really tell how far it stretched back, but I knew it was large. On the left, there was a large dome, which I could surmise was the battle arena. The rest of the school property was a sea of luscious, verdant grass. Pathways stretched all along the property, which was surrounded by a red brick barrier.

"Impressive"

"It is, isn't it?" I jumped at the sound of the voice that appeared seemingly out of nowhere. I turned to my left to see a girl with chocolate brown hair that fell to her shoulders, which was covered by a red bandana. She had on a red blouse, or cardigan, or jacket or something hell I have no idea what girls call their clothes. Anyway on her lower body she wore a white skirt over some black spandex shorts. Lastly she wore a cute little orange fanny pack around her waist…god I must stop saying that. " Heehee sorry if I scared you."

"No worries. I'm guessing you go here?"

" Yep the name's May. May Maple. I've never seen you around before, are you a new student?"

"Yep. I'm Dire Wahrod, I just moved here from Goldenrod City in Johto."

"Oooh, I like your name," Haha told you it was a good name, "Well, if you don't mind, I can be your first official friend and show you around."

"Thanks I appreciate it." No sense in turning down a cute girl who offers to be your friend, am I right?

"Okay well cool. Say, do you have a Pokemon that likes to stay out of its ball?"

"Yes I do actually. Should I let him out?"

"Well the rule about letting Pokemon follow you around during the day is they must be under three feet tall."

"That's good because he fits that requirement. C'mon out, Xene!" I threw a pokeball into the air, and the ball sent out a flash of light which formed into my trusted companion Xene, the Jolteon.

"Oooh, a Jolteon! He is so cool!"

"Yep this is Xene, he was my first Pokémon. I got him as an eevee, and I evolved him a few years ago. I laid a bunch of items in front of him to see what he wanted to evolve into, seeing as there are seven evolutions for an eevee, and he chose the thunderstone."

"So you let him make the decision?"

"Yep, I mean it IS his body, I don't wanna make him turn into something he would be uncomfortable with, y'know?"

"That's a good way of thinking about it, I couldn't agree more. So what other Pokémon do you have?"

"I like to keep that a mystery."

"Playing hard to get huh? That's fine I guess you won't get to see my Pokémon." She smirked thinking that she would coerce me into showing me her team, but I would have the last laugh.

"Actually, you have to show me one of your Pokémon, after all I did show you one of mine." Now it was my turn to grin, as her face exhibited a look of defeat. I know, I know, I am pretty awesome.

"Ugh fine, Blazekin come out." She pushed the button on the pokeball and a large bird-like Pokémon materialized from the light.

"This is my first Pokémon, Blazekin. Blazekin, say hello to Dire and Xene." The fire-type smiled and waved happily at Xene and I. After we were acquainted, Blazekin was returned to his ball. Unfortuneately, he did not fit the height requirement.

"So are you excited for your first day of school?"

"Yes and no."

"Shy are we?"

"Not really. Meeting new people is exhausting sometimes. It remind you of the old friends you miss, y'know?"

"That's understandable" We made small talk for a few more minutes until we decided to enter the school.

"May! May, over here!" I turned to see a girl with blue hair waving and walking towards us.

"Uhm…she has blue hair."

"You should get used to it, a lot of people in this school have odd colored hair." She waved back at the blue haired girl… still can't get over that. "Her name is Dawn, and I'm gonna warn you she can be rather, err…blunt at times."

"Hey May! Oh, and who's the hottie?" May gave me a look that said "I told you so" and I winked at her. She blushed and turned quickly to hide it. Shy girls are the cutest.

"I'm Dire Wahrod."

"Cool name," that's would be 2 Dire, Rest of World 0,"I'm Dawn. Are you new?"

"Yep, just moved here from Goldenrod City."

"Oooh, I heard that the city is beautiful at night."

"Err…yea I guess."

"Heehee, so did you get your schedule yet?"

"Uh, no where do I get that anyway?"

"You can follow me, I haven't gotten mine either." Dawn and May led me through the hallways of the school, conversing about their summers. I didn't really know what they were talking about, so I felt a little left out, but I don't really care. Finally we reached Guidance office, and we were each give our respective schedules.

"Dire, let me see your schedule." I nodded, and May took the schedule from my hand." Hmm…we have Math, Technique and Phys Ed together. And you have Advanced Battling Techniquies with Dawn. Oooh and we have the same lunch!" She handed me the schedule, and I smiled.

"Uhm, what homeroom did it say I was in?"

"Oh we don't have homeroom, we just hang out until first period."

"Really? That's awesome!"

"Yea it is. Oh and the last class of the day is always Battling class. Every student goes to the arena and have Pokémon battles. And every year on the first day a student is chosen at random to battle the instructor, Norman, who is also the Petalburg Gym Leader." Woah a Gym Leader? I gotta battle that guy. BING BING BING.

"Oh, that's the bell, here Dire follow us." We walked around until we reached our Math class. When we walked in some people called May's name, so we went over to their little group.

"Hey guys, I want you to meet Dire. He just moved here. Dire this is Ash, Brock, Gary, Ritchie, Misty, and Zoey. Ash, Gary, Ritchie and Misty all study battling, Zoey, Dawn and I all study contest battling, and Brock is studying to be a breeder."

I greeted each person and looked at their partner Pokémon. Ash and Ritchie had a Pikachu, Brock had a Geodude, Misty had a Staryu, Gary had an Umbreon, and Zoey had a Glameow.

"Hey guys I'm Dire, and this is Xene."

"Hey what's up Dire. Cool Jolteon," the boy named Ash greeted,"what other Pokémon u got?"

"He prefers to keep it a secret." May sneered as she stuck her tongue out at me. I was tempted to grab it, but I restrained myself. To awkward for the first day.

"So what are you going to study in?" Brock inquired.

"Battling of course." I got a fist tap from Ash, Gary and Ritchie. After everyone was acquainted, our teacher walked in. I had to introduce myself to the class, seeing as I was a new student, but after that the class went on normally. After that, we moved on to our Technique class which we now referred to as "tech". I had that class wit May, Misty and Brock. We sat near each other in that class, and we worked as a group, which the teacher was fine with. My next class was Phys Ed with May, Ash, and Gary. Since it was the first day we just hung out in the gym and played basketball. Lunch was next, and I was invited to sit with my new friends at their table. I of course accepted. No one wants to sit alone.

"So Dire, where did you say you moved from?" Ash asked.

"Goldenrod City in Johto."

"Oh that's a nice city I heard. Isn't that the town with Whitney, the normal-type Gym Leader?" Brock questioned.

"Yea, she's a hell of a bttler too. That Miltank can give you hell."

"Wait, you battled her?" Everyone at the table looked surprised.

"Yep. My old school had a tournament and the winner was able to have a one-on-one battle with Whitney."

"And you won?"

"Yup, and I beat Whitney too."

"WHAT! You beat a Gym Leader?" Ash shouted in shock.

"Yea, it went down to the wire. I'm telling you that Miltank is fast for a big Pokémon."

"Wow. You must be a really good battler."

"I guess you could say that."

"You know,"May interrupted,"I may be able to get you a battle with Norman when we go to the arena."

"Really? That would be amazing. But how could you arrange that?"

"He's my dad." Wait. What?

"Your dad is a Gym Leader?"

"Yep."

"That's so cool! Can you really get him to battle me?"

"Sure."

"Awesome May! I love you right now!" May blushed, but no one seemed to notice besides me.

"Yea but be warned, he is one of the best Gym Leaders in Hoenn. Probably tougher than Whitney."

"That's okay, I'm always looking for a challenge."

"Good. I really want to see you battle anyway."

"Yeam me too. I mean if you beat Whitney you must be good." Ash added.

Lunch ended and we all went to our classes. The rest of the day flew by. I just really wanted to go to the arena and battle Norman. I mean a Gym Leader! You don't get this oppurtunity everyday. Finally, 1:00 came and everyone headed to the Battle Arena. I anxiously made my way through the crowd, looking or my friends. I spotted them sitting in the front row. I walked down and saw an open seat next to May, so I took it.

"Hey Di."

"Uhm…Di?"

"It's my new nickname for you! Don't you love it?" Hell to the no.

"It kinda sounds like you're telling me to go die."

"Well I like it, so I'm going to call you that." Shit. Whatever.

"Welcome ladies and gentleman to the start of a new school year!" A man's voice blared over the loud speaker. The crowd erupted into shouts, cheers and applause. "How about we kick things off with a battle against the one and only, Norman Maple, Leader of the Petalburg Gym!" the cheeres got louder as Norman approached the man with the microphone. He took it from the man and held it up to his mouth.

"You guys ready for a battle?" The crowd cheered and shouted so loud I thought I was going to go deaf. "Haha that's what I thought. I'm going to pick a name from this bucket, the person I choose gets to have a one-on-one battle with me. Now silence please." Norman stuck his hand into the bucket that was next to him, and pulled out a name. I looked over at May, who winked back at me.

"And the winner is…Dire Wahrod! Please come down to the battle field." I stood up, and started walking towards the entrance to the field. I heard a few kids mutter something like "who is that" or "never heard of him". I walked up to Norman, and he greeted me with a handshake. "I hope you're as good as my daughter says."

"I won't disappoint you sir."

"Confident? I like you Dire, let's get this started!" We walked to opposite sides of the battle field, and turned to face each other.

"The battle between Dire and Norman will be a one-on-one match with no substitutions. Let the battle, begin!"

"Go, Slaking!" Norman threw out a pokeball, and a giant gorrilla-like Pokémon appeared.

"A Slaking eh? Alright, go Terra!" I launched my ball, and it released Terra the Lucario.

"Lucario! (Ready!)"

The crowd gasped at the Pokémon we chose, and Ash yelled something like "oh no Slaking!" from the sidelines. But I wasn't worried.

"Ok Terra, Aura Sphere followed by Extremespeed!" Terra charged up an Aura Sphere, and launched it at Slaking. As the Aura Sphere was flying through the air Terra used Extremespeed to close in on Slaking.

"Slaking jump!" Slaking jumped to avoid the Extremespeed aimed at him, but he went right into the trjectory of the Aura Sphere, which scored a direct hit.

"Woah, did you see that?" Ash exclaimed.

"Wow that was amazing, using a strong move like Extremespeed as a simple diversion. Very clever." Brock stated.

"Pretty good move kid but we're nowhere near defeated. Slaking Focus Punch!" Slaking's hand glowed white, and he charged at Terra.

"Terra, Double Team and jump." Multiple copies of Terra phased from Terra's body, and they all jumped in synchrony. Slaking jumped in the air as well, and started punching random copies. "Now Terra, Close Combat!" Terra appeared behind Slaking, and before it could react, started pummeling it with powerful punches and kicks. Slaking fell to the ground, creating a large crater in his landing area.

"Slaaaaaa…" Slaking grunted as it barely managed to regain its balance.

"Slaking! You ok?" Norman called with concern showing in his voice.

"Sla-Slaking!" Slaking pounded its chest in confirmation that it was ok.

"Ok then use Hyper Beam!" Slaking charged up the powerful attack in its mouth, waiting for the time to fire. I knew not to get too close because at that distance a Hyper Beam could do serious damage.

"Hmm…ok Terra use Extremespeed to dash around the arena. But don't attack." Terra started moving around the arena with great celerity, confusing Slaking in the process. "Now, finish it with a Close Combat!" Terra closed in on Slaking from behind.

"Slaking fire behind you now!" Slakming turned and fired, but Terra escaped the attack with a quick Extremespped, and started beating Slaking from all sides of it. When the attack subsided Terra jumped back in front of me and faced the downed Pokémon.

"Slaking is unable to battle! Dire is the winner!" The stdium was eerily quiet for a few seconds, the it erupted into applause. Norman returned his Slaking, and walked over to me, putting his hand on my shoulder.

"Hell of a battle Dire. I wasn't expecting to be beaten by a student here, I guess that means I have to train harder."

"It was an honor to battle you sir. I can understand why May said you were one of the best Gym Leaders in Hoenn." We shook hands and then I walked back to my seat.

"Wow Dire, that was incredible!" May shouted

"Yea I had no idea you were such a great battler!" Dawn agreed.

"That was one of the best battles I have ever seen Dire. Would you battle me sometime?" Ash asked.

"Haha guys calm down it wasn't that great." I answered modestly.

"What are you talking about? You just beat a Gym leader. I'm pretty sure it's a big deal." I guess May had a point.

"I really like the way you use such powerful moves as a simple diversion or support move, like Extremespeed. It's a really unique battling style." Brock commented.

"Thanks guys." I didn't battle the rest of the period. A lot of people came up t me and asked for a battle, but I had to decline. The battle with Norman really wore Terra out, and I didn't want to use any of my other Pokémon, for I was planning to use them later. Some of my friends battled each other, which was nice because I got to see my new friends in action. Dawn and may had a fake contest battle, with Ash, Brock and I as the judges. May ended up winning that, and I must admit she may have a future in contests because some of her combinations were really good. After that, Ash and Gary battled one-on-one. It was Ash's Pikachu against Gary's Blastoise. Ash won that pretty easily due to the type advantage, but it was also because of his skill as a battler. He was a pretty good battler, he had a lot of potential. He could even be better than I was if he would train, and use his head. His biggest problem is that he would make moves without thinking about how an opponent would react to it. It was an easy problem to fix, but only with a littl help. I would like to help Ash, you know be sort of a mentor to him I guess. Which sounds weird because we are the same age after all. I don't think he would take that as an insult or anything, its just I really feel like I could help him. Its weird, but I never really thought of how I'm such a skilled battler. I mean after I found Xene as an Eevee, I kinda just picked it up, and from there I only got better. No one ever really showed me the ropes, only a few hints and tips along the way. I guess I just had a knack for this kind of thing. Of course, I didn't mind at all, I mean it is a great way to meet people and travel, eventually. I don't really care about the fame though, but I'm getting ahead of myself. No need to think this far into the future when I still have two more years until I can actually go out and travel.

"Uhm… Dire? Hellooooo?" May was waving her hand in front of my face trying to snap me out of my trance.

"Wha- oh sorry, I kinda spaced out there." She looked at me with an annoyed expression, which probably wasn't good.

"Yea well school is over now, we should go."

"Err…right. Lead the way." May and I were walking out of the arena, when I noticed we were alone. "Hey, where is everyone else?"

"While YOU were daydreaming they went to get their things. Cmon, we can meet them out by the front of the school."

"Ehehe, right." I scratched the back of my head in embarrassment as we continued through the school. Finally, we exited the school into the courtyard, and we spotted out friends.

"Hey there over there, let's go Dire."

"Yea ok. Hey May, you wanna come over after school. I was gonna ask if everyone else wanted to come too."

"Yea, that sounds great! Cmon let's go ask!" May dragged me over to our friends by my wrist, and when we came to an abrupt stop I almost fell over.

"Jeez May, you could be a little less excited about this."

"Excited about what?" Ritchie asked.

"We're all going to Dire's house now! Cmon!"

"Someone's excited." Brock chuckled.

"Told you. Anyway, I just want to warn you guys, I uh…probably live err…different than you guys." How to explain this? Hopefully they won't really care.

"Are you poor?" Dawn asked.

"Haha no its uh…not that."

"Then what is it?" Misty asked with her hands on her hips.

"You'll see when we get there."

"That's no fair!" May whined.

"Oh well." I grinned as I started walking away from the school. "You guys coming?" My friends fell into step behind me and we started the trek. We made idle chit chat as we neared my house. If you could call it that.

"Ok, we're here."

"Here where is…Oh."

"My."

"God." Yep that's pretty much what I expected.

"This uh…mansion is where you live?" May stared dumbfoundedly at me.

"Haha I told you. Now cmon lets go inside." We walked up to the front door, and I unlocked it with my set of keys. We entered and my friends were completely shocked at the lavish house.

"Mime! (Hello!)" I turned to see my family's "butler" Mr. Mime.

"Hey Mrs. Mime."

"Uh, isn't it Mr. Mime?" Ash asked.

"Haha yea but she is a girl, therefore we nicknamed her Mrs. Mime."

"That's so cute!" Dawn squealed in delight.

"So uh, how is this your house anyway?" May inquired.

"Well, my dad is the owner of the TV company that broadcasts any and all Pokémon related events. Contests, Pokémon League Battles, Special Festivals; if Pokémon are there you can bet my dad will be there."

"Wow. So your dad is the owner of Pokémon Broadcasting Network."

"Yea. It has its perks, as you can see. But it also has its bad negatives."

"What could possibly be negative about this?" Dawn asked as she admired a painting of a Rapidash in my foyer.

"Well, my parents travel a lot, because they are very involved with the company, so they are rarely home. I practically live alone. Its not that bad, I mean I've gotten used to it, but still."

"Yea, that's understandable. Do you get lonely a lot?" Misty asked.

"Not really. Usually I have friends over after school, and I always have my Pokémon, of course."

"Oh that's pretty cool man. So where are your parents now?" Brock asked.

"In Johto. Elite Four Koga has challenged Elite Four Karen for her spot in the Elite Four. It's a pretty big battle. We can watch, if you guys are interested."

"Hell yea we're interested!" Ash exclaimed excitedly.

"Haha ok then. We can go watch in my room." I led the party up stairs, taking a right when we reached the top. We walked to the end of the hallway, and entered the room on the left, which is my room. I love my room, its so cool. I mean it has lime green walls covered with posters of great battlers and their Pokémon. I had a king size bed in the middle of the room, and a 40" plasma screen HDTV across from it. There were random beanbag chairs strewn about the room for friends to sit on, and a mini fridge next to my bed, which was my favorite part of the room. I didn't really like to spoil myself with my parents money, I wasn't that kind of guy.

"Wow! This is so cool." May squealed.

"Yea its so big!" Dawn agreed.

"MINI FRIDGE!" Gary and Ash shouted at the same time. Everyone got comfortable in a beanbag chair, except for May and I, we sat on the bed.

"So you wanna put the battle on?" Ritchie asked.

"Oh yea hold on." I grabbed the remote control and pushed the power button, powering on the TV. I put it on channel four and waited for the battle to start. The announcer's voice played over the speakers.

"Ladies and Gentleman! The match between Elite Four Koga and Elite Four Karen is about to get underway! It will be a five-on-five battle for the Fourth position of the Eilite Four! Koga has sent out his Ariados, and Karen will start things off with her Umbreon." The referee made a signal, and the match commenced.

"I really hope Koga wins. Poison types are really underestimated, and it would be great to see them get recognition. Plus Koga's battling style is always fun to watch." Koga's strategy was very speed oriented, and very deadly.

"Yea I want Koga to win too." May agreed.

"I dunno…I mean Karen isn't the last member of the Elite Four for nothing."

"AND SHE'S BEAUTIFUL!" Brock shouted with glee.

WHACK.

"I swear Brock you really need to stop oggling over every girl you see." Misty sighed as she put away her mallet. Note to self, don't get on Misty's bad side.

"Oh! And Koga's Ariados goes down to a powerful Dark Pulse." Koga returned his Ariados, and sent out his Toxicroak. After evading a few Dark Pulses, Toxicroak connected with Brick Break, which knocked out Umbreon. Wasting no time, Karen sent out her Honchkrow. Toxicroak launched Sludge Bombs at the flying-type, but they were dodged with ease. Seeing that it would go down soon due to its disadvantage, Toxicroak started launching Toxic attacks at Honchkrow. Just as Honchkrow came in for a Sky Attack, one of the Toxics connected, leaving Honchkrow with a deadly poison. Toxicroak went down, but Honchkrow was fatigued from the poison slowly eating away at his energy. Koga sent out his Venomoth for a quick finish. Venomoth launched a signal beam at the tired dark-type, at it was knocked out easily. Karen called back Honchkrow, and sent out her Houndoom. Houndoom started to fire Flamethrowers left and right, Venomoth barely able to evade. One finally connected, leaving Venomoth smoldering on the ground. Koga sent out his Muk next, and ordered it to barrage Houndoom with Sludge Bombs. Houndoom was able to avoid each attack because of its great speed, and Muk was left defenseless. So in an act of desperation, Muk used Explosion, fainting both combatants. Koga sent out his last resort, Crobat, as Karen sent out her Weavile. Both Pokémon were fast and strong, neither able to outrun or over power the other. Weavile launched a barrage of Ice Shards at Crobat, who barely evaded them all. Weavile then disappeared, and reappered in front of Crobat slashing him with a Faint Attack. Crobat whethered the hit, and went in for a steel wing. Weavile side-stepped at the last second, and pummeled Crobat with an Ice Punch, leaving the bat Pokémon frozen and fainted. "Oh! And that's the end of the battle! Karen has come out on top with a stunning 2-0 victory.!" CLICK.

I switched the TV off.

"Wow. That was a great battle. I'm speechless." May said, to which I nodded in agreement.

"So its still pretty early, anyone wanna battle?" Even though I asked everyone in the room, it was directed at one person. And I knew they would jump on the chance.

"Oh yea! You and me Dire, let's battle!" Ash shouted as he jumped up and down like a five year old child.

"Haha ok, calm down Ash. Lets go out back." I led the group downstairs and through my house to the backdoor. I led everyone outside , and we were greeted with the sight of a very nice Pokémon battling field.

Okay that's my first chapter. Hope you liked it. Any critcism/comments are appreciated, just don't make me want to kill myself . I have the second and third chapters written, it just takes me awhile to upload because the only computer I have access to is in school for one 45 minute period . I will upload as much as I can, and if I get a computer it will come a lot faster. Okay that's my two cents!

Back to top Go down

Aspirations and Dreams By:Noheartx
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gamers United :: The Arts :: Other-
Jump to: