Gamers United
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-A Home for All Gamers-

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Togekiss Moveset idea (Updated)

Go down 
+3
oniongravy64
Dragonmxz
ninetalescommander
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ninetalescommander

ninetalescommander

GU Credits : 4975

Togekiss Moveset idea (Updated) Empty
PostSubject: Togekiss Moveset idea (Updated)   Togekiss Moveset idea (Updated) Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:55 am

Heya guys
I have recently been researching some creative moveset ideas and here is a idea for a cool Togekiss moveset

Togekiss
Modest
Ev's 242 HP, 252 Sp.def, 16 spd
Leftovers
Serene Grace
Aura Sphere/Shadow Ball/Fire Blast
Thunder Wave
Rest
Snore

I know this may seem weird but hear me out. Snore actually has a 30% flinch rate but because of serene grace, its raised to 60% and when you combo that with Rest, you can really cause trouble for your opponent as not only are you recovering your HP fully, your taking advance of rest's downside and using it for a good chance of flinching the opponent

Yes I know you can run Air Slash as a flinch rate but at least here, you can recover HP while choosing snore instead of relying on sleep talk

Now that, you may wondering, what's the deal with 16 ev's in speed? Reason is, assuming Togekiss has 31 i'vs in speed, this will give Togekiss a speed stat of 200 which means after a Thunder Wave, anything that has a speed stat of 394 or less, Togekiss will outspeed, thus allowing you to either attack or use rest.

As for the choice of Aura Sphere and Shadow Ball, it depends what you find the most troublesome. If you run Shadow Ball, you'll have something to hurt Ghost types but you'll be walled by steel types but of course, you can always run Fire Blast or Flamethrower, just with those 2, you'll lose the ability to hurt ghosts
If it was me, i'd run Fire Blast as at least that way, you can really hurt steel types and still have something to hit Normal and Ghost types

So what do you guys think? I haven't actually tried this out yet but do you think its a good idea or is it bad?

Last edited by ninetalescommander on Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:39 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Changed Information)
Back to top Go down
Dragonmxz

Dragonmxz

GU Credits : 4999

PostSubject: Re: Togekiss Moveset idea (Updated)   Togekiss Moveset idea (Updated) Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:01 pm

in theroy, it would work except for the fact that you would be outspeeded by everything else, so the flinch hax would not matter at all. Only way i see this working is with trick room support.
Back to top Go down
oniongravy64
Admin
oniongravy64

GU Credits : 14050

PostSubject: Re: Togekiss Moveset idea (Updated)   Togekiss Moveset idea (Updated) Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:42 pm

A major problem with the main set there is the inability to hits ghosts at all, forcing you to switch out.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/oniongravy64?feature=mhum
Pialga

Pialga

GU Credits : 5270

PostSubject: Re: Togekiss Moveset idea (Updated)   Togekiss Moveset idea (Updated) Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:19 pm

yeah I'd suggest Air Slash over Tri-Attack and more speed EV's.
Back to top Go down
BlackandWhite

BlackandWhite

GU Credits : 5142

PostSubject: Re: Togekiss Moveset idea (Updated)   Togekiss Moveset idea (Updated) Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:12 pm

Pialga wrote:
yeah I'd suggest Air Slash over Tri-Attack and more speed EV's.

Well not every flinching togekiss needs speed ev's. But then again they usually have t-wave. That's the problem with this set, it won't be able to outspeed anything without it. D:
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheOshaWater
ninetalescommander

ninetalescommander

PostSubject: Re: Togekiss Moveset idea (Updated)   Togekiss Moveset idea (Updated) Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:39 pm

Thanks for all your replies
I have updated the Togekiss information, let me know what you think
Back to top Go down
noheartx

noheartx

GU Credits : 4974

PostSubject: Re: Togekiss Moveset idea (Updated)   Togekiss Moveset idea (Updated) Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:06 am

is snore a special or physical move?
Back to top Go down
ninetalescommander

ninetalescommander

PostSubject: Re: Togekiss Moveset idea (Updated)   Togekiss Moveset idea (Updated) Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:36 am

noheartx wrote:
is snore a special or physical move?

Snore is a special move
If it was physical, I wouldn't have bothered posting this idea
Back to top Go down
eaglehawks

eaglehawks

GU Credits : 4956

PostSubject: Re: Togekiss Moveset idea (Updated)   Togekiss Moveset idea (Updated) Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:14 am

I'm suggesting Nasty Plot over Thunder Wave because it boosts Snore. It also helps boost Aura Sphere to kill of Steel-types. +2 Aura Sphere OHKOs regular Skarm.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Togekiss Moveset idea (Updated)   Togekiss Moveset idea (Updated) Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Togekiss Moveset idea (Updated)
Page 1 of 1