Gamers United
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-A Home for All Gamers-

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Computer Help?

Go down 
+3
ConnorSaurusRex
Evil
UndyingFury
7 posters
AuthorMessage
UndyingFury

UndyingFury

GU Credits : 5101

Computer Help? Empty
PostSubject: Computer Help?   Computer Help? Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:04 pm

Well, I don't have a PS3 or an Xbox, so I stick with PC and Wii games. Problem is, My computer doesn't like to load games. It takes FOREVER to load a game when I first put it in. It actually took like twelve hours for the last game I got to be downloaded because it would stop reading the disc every little bit. And sometimes when I'm playing a game, it freezes and sometimes I even have to turn off the computer by pressing the power button on the hardrive or even switch the button on the power strip, and I think it's bad for the computer to be turned off that way. I don't know what to do...does anyone know what's happening? Does anyone know what to do?
Back to top Go down
Evil

GU Credits : 5161

Computer Help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer Help?   Computer Help? Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:49 pm

What are your computer specs? (You know, ram and all that stuff)
Back to top Go down
ConnorSaurusRex

ConnorSaurusRex

GU Credits : 5146

Computer Help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer Help?   Computer Help? Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:00 am

Maybe you shouldn't use a Commadore 64...
Back to top Go down
http://www.poyom0n.tumblr.com
UndyingFury

UndyingFury

Computer Help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer Help?   Computer Help? Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:55 pm

Evil wrote:
No idea Sad
How would I find out what it is?
ConnorSaurusRex wrote:
...I don't know what that means.
Back to top Go down
yoshibreathesfire

yoshibreathesfire

GU Credits : 5358

Computer Help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer Help?   Computer Help? Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:21 pm

UndyingFury wrote:
Evil wrote:
No idea Sad
How would I find out what it is?
ConnorSaurusRex wrote:
...I don't know what that means.
1) To find your computer specs, you can go to "My computer" and then right click and click "Properties". You may also be able to check from the control panel depending on your operating system.

2) The Commadore 64 is a very old gaming computer from the 1970s. Connor's just trollin'.

Hope I helped somewhat....
Back to top Go down
Rover

Rover

GU Credits : 5133

Computer Help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer Help?   Computer Help? Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:52 am

Tips from person experience:
-Make sure all programs are closed, even the ones in the taskbar. It could cause lag and takes up RAM.
-If your computer's free space is low, uninstall some programs. Too many installed programs could be a problem.
-Make sure you have at least 2 GB RAM.
-Make sure the game is compatible with your system.
-When it's loading, don't be typing or clicking anything. Just sit and wait patiently.
-*If you're using a laptop and it's a full screen game and your waiting to load, DO NOT close your laptop. Whenever you open your laptop back up again, you will see that the game has crashed.

Hope I helped.
*May not apply to you.
Back to top Go down
UndyingFury

UndyingFury

Computer Help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer Help?   Computer Help? Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:33 pm

Well, I found out that it has 4.00 GB, a 3.6 rating, and some other stuff that I don't know if anyone wants to know.

I don't think I'm running out of free space, nothing ever shows up about it. Unless pictures count. I have A LOT of pictures (I search for cool pics on Google when I'm bored Razz ).
Back to top Go down
yoshibreathesfire

yoshibreathesfire

Computer Help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer Help?   Computer Help? Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:38 pm

UndyingFury wrote:
Well, I found out that it has 4.00 GB, a 3.6 rating, and some other stuff that I don't know if anyone wants to know.

I don't think I'm running out of free space, nothing ever shows up about it. Unless pictures count. I have A LOT of pictures (I search for cool pics on Google when I'm bored Razz ).
That there is a problem.
Pictures may seem small and harmless, but when you download too many, and have a bunch of computer games, it can cause severe lag.

I've actually been in the situation where I've had too many pictures on my computer, so my advice would be to select as many pictures as you can that you don't need and delete them all.

Also, check if your recycle bin is empty. Files don't get completely removed until you empty the recycle bin.
Back to top Go down
UndyingFury

UndyingFury

Computer Help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer Help?   Computer Help? Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:47 pm

Well, I only have three computer games, and no expansion packs. Does that make a difference?
Back to top Go down
yoshibreathesfire

yoshibreathesfire

Computer Help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer Help?   Computer Help? Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:37 pm

UndyingFury wrote:
Well, I only have three computer games, and no expansion packs. Does that make a difference?
I guess that does mean that you won't have to delete too many pictures, but if you have a lot, try to delete some. I would say to start deleting if you have over 100-200.

Also, do you have any video files saved on your computer? Those tend to take up a lot of space.
Back to top Go down
UndyingFury

UndyingFury

Computer Help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer Help?   Computer Help? Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:55 pm

yoshibreathesfire wrote:
UndyingFury wrote:
I guess that does mean that you won't have to delete too many pictures, but if you have a lot, try to delete some. I would say to start deleting if you have over 100-200.

Also, do you have any video files saved on your computer? Those tend to take up a lot of space.
Nope, no video files. I can't figure out how connect my video camera to my computer anyways (Wow, I'm horrible with electronics...).
If I had to make an estimate, I'd say I have well over 200 pictures. pale
I'm pretty sure there's something wrong with the driver. It's not just games that make it act up. Sometimes it takes several minutes for the computer to start up. It also sometimes freezes every once in a while when it first starts up, but after that it's okay.
Hmm...probably would have helped if I had shared that information earlier...

EDIT: OMFG I have 1653 pictures! Shocked
Back to top Go down
yoshibreathesfire

yoshibreathesfire

Computer Help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer Help?   Computer Help? Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:13 am

UndyingFury wrote:

O.o

You may want to delete a couple thousand of those.....
You could also do a disk de-fragmentation, or whatever it's called.

One other thing is to search for viruses, just in case.
Back to top Go down
ConnorSaurusRex

ConnorSaurusRex

Computer Help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer Help?   Computer Help? Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:10 pm

yoshibreathesfire wrote:
UndyingFury wrote:

O.o

You may want to delete a couple thousand of those.....
You could also do a disk de-fragmentation, or whatever it's called.

One other thing is to search for viruses, just in case.
If you really wanna make it run well, just delete system 32.
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Evil

GU Credits : 5161

Computer Help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer Help?   Computer Help? Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:45 pm

^ If she does that I'll laugh and feel like an ass, and you would too.

Just drop it, and find other people to troll. 9_9
Back to top Go down
Rover

Rover

Computer Help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer Help?   Computer Help? Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:34 pm

@Connor: Ok, I'll try that on my computer and see what happens.

@UndyingFury: Check your RAM. It should have 2.00 GB RAM. If it doesn't and it's just a school computer or something, then it may not be able to handle a lot of games.

But about the pictures, maybe you could put all of them on a CD or flash drive of some sorts. Flash drives go around 15-40 dollars at my local Radioshack. Or you could get a Shutterfly or Photobucket account and store all your pictures online and not on your computer, which is what I would reccomend if you don't have a storage device handy. (Thinking that you would delete all of them off your computer once they're online)

Or you could just delete all the pictures you don't need. But I like my other two ideas as you can still keep your pictures and it may not take as much time.

Back to top Go down
ConnorSaurusRex

ConnorSaurusRex

Computer Help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer Help?   Computer Help? Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:31 pm

Rover wrote:

Doooo it.
Back to top Go down
Rover

Rover

Computer Help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer Help?   Computer Help? Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:22 am

ConnorSaurusRex wrote:
Rover wrote:

Doooo it.
Okay, hopefully nothing wrong will happen.

No but really, saying "delete system32" is not helping. It's just a waste of a post. Plus if she really did delete, that wouldn't be in the least amount funny. Not trying to backseat mod or anything, I just want to tell you.

/off topic

But UndyingFury, you posted in the Christmas thread you have a new computer now. So I guess that means that is thread could be "useless". santa
Back to top Go down
UndyingFury

UndyingFury

Computer Help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer Help?   Computer Help? Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:46 pm

Yeah, I'm gonna use this for games now santa
But thanks for everyone's help! I can still try to fix the other computer, since it has a lot of stuff that I want on it.
So thanks again ^.^
I guess a Mod can lock this if they want now.
Back to top Go down
ConnorSaurusRex

ConnorSaurusRex

Computer Help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer Help?   Computer Help? Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:27 pm

Rover wrote:
ConnorSaurusRex wrote:
Rover wrote:

Doooo it.

No but really, saying "delete system32" is not helping. It's just a waste of a post. Plus if she really did delete, that wouldn't be in the least amount funny. Not trying to backseat mod or anything, I just want to tell you.

/off topic

But UndyingFury, you posted in the Christmas thread you have a new computer now. So I guess that means that is thread could be "useless". santa

No cause it still frees up space on the computer.
Back to top Go down
Kanrik
Admin
Kanrik

GU Credits : 14035

Computer Help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer Help?   Computer Help? Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:56 pm

Connor, stop giving her bad advice...
Back to top Go down
GaiaAero

GaiaAero

GU Credits : 4971

Computer Help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer Help?   Computer Help? Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:56 pm

UndyingFury wrote:
Yeah, I'm gonna use this for games now santa
But thanks for everyone's help! I can still try to fix the other computer, since it has a lot of stuff that I want on it.
So thanks again ^.^
I guess a Mod can lock this if they want now.
Locking this by request
ConnorSaurusRex wrote:
Rover wrote:
ConnorSaurusRex wrote:
Rover wrote:

Doooo it.

/off topic

No cause it still frees up space on the computer.

Come on Connor, telling him to delete system32.. that's not even contributing to the thread and its trolling on some counts. Please refrain from doing so in the future.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Computer Help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer Help?   Computer Help? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Computer Help?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gamers United :: Into the World :: General Discussion-
Jump to: