Gamers United
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-A Home for All Gamers-

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What is "nerd"?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Pialga

Pialga

GU Credits : 5270

What is "nerd"? Empty
PostSubject: What is "nerd"?   What is "nerd"? Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:53 am

I've always wondered how this is defined, and why is it so disdained by the general populace? let's discuss
Back to top Go down
yoshibreathesfire

yoshibreathesfire

GU Credits : 5358

What is "nerd"? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is "nerd"?   What is "nerd"? Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:11 pm

http://screwattack.com/videos/TGO-Continuum-1

This guy explains a bit about nerds in this long, over-thought video.

Nerds are generally defined as people who obsess over things. A normal person may get video games to play them, nerds are defined to collect things like video games, and try to learn all they can about the game by playing it.

Although, what people don't understand is that there really is no way to be a nerd, because it is a term made by us in order to describe people, only there isn't enough description.

Some people define nerds as anyone who plays to may video games, others define them as people who collect trading cards, and some people define them as people who have above average grades, but there is no clear definition of what a nerd is.

I often refer to myself as a nerd, but that doesn't make me one, because in reality, nerds don't exist, only people who believe they are nerds and people who believe others are nerds.

That was pretty deep for something from me....
Back to top Go down

What is "nerd"?
Page 1 of 1