Gamers United
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-A Home for All Gamers-

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Digital vs Tangible

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Pialga

Pialga

GU Credits : 5270

Digital vs Tangible  Empty
PostSubject: Digital vs Tangible    Digital vs Tangible  Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:53 pm

OK, so according to my one friend I talk to, he says that do to ebooks being read on ipads and stuff is gonna make books obsolete, as in like CD's, books won't really be used and that's why he says that book stores like Barnes&Noble went under and that it's nothing big because it doesn't matter if you read on paper. What do you guys think? personally, I love to feel the paper when I read manga or books, and personally, I think at some point we're being too dependent on the internet.
-The same thing with hard movies and streaming? do feel a need to own the tangible disk?
Back to top Go down
yoshibreathesfire

yoshibreathesfire

GU Credits : 5358

PostSubject: Re: Digital vs Tangible    Digital vs Tangible  Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:49 pm

Like they say, there's no higher definition than real life.

This may apply to manga more, but E-books will never show the pictures at the right quality.

If you want to zoom in on an e-book, it reduces the quality and makes everything look pixley.
Back to top Go down
Randomer19934

Randomer19934

GU Credits : 4957

PostSubject: Re: Digital vs Tangible    Digital vs Tangible  Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:04 pm

I can see this happening for novels, but not manga or comics. Mainly due to the reasons Yoshi stated.
But I can't see it happening to films, however. I just don't think that you can get the same quality film (just yet) with a film from the internet as you can with a DVD.
Back to top Go down
ContinuumShift

ContinuumShift

GU Credits : 4971

PostSubject: Re: Digital vs Tangible    Digital vs Tangible  Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:18 am

Randomer19934 wrote:
I can see this happening for novels, but not manga or comics. Mainly due to the reasons Yoshi stated.
But I can't see it happening to films, however. I just don't think that you can get the same quality film (just yet) with a film from the internet as you can with a DVD.

If the file is HD and the technology allows for content to be played in HD then the quality can be as good a blu ray.

As for books I don't think that physical novels will die out anytime soon. Considering that the price of good e-readers is still fairly high and the books in digital format aren't a huge amount cheaper there isn't a huge incentive to get one for most.
Back to top Go down
Momo

Momo

GU Credits : 5159

PostSubject: Re: Digital vs Tangible    Digital vs Tangible  Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:44 pm

Why do people even like those e readers i dont see the point exept saving space
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Digital vs Tangible    Digital vs Tangible  Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Digital vs Tangible
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gamers United :: Into the World :: General Discussion-
Jump to: