Gamers United
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-A Home for All Gamers-

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Which Halo was the best?

Go down 
+9
ContinuumShift
yoshibreathesfire
BlackandWhite
LucarioLady
Jhonny C.
ConnorSaurusRex
Clutch
PTRobert
Kanrik
13 posters

Which one do you like the most?
Halo
Which Halo was the best? I_vote_lcap17%Which Halo was the best? I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 3 ]
Halo 2
Which Halo was the best? I_vote_lcap17%Which Halo was the best? I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 3 ]
Halo 3
Which Halo was the best? I_vote_lcap6%Which Halo was the best? I_vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
Halo 3: ODST
Which Halo was the best? I_vote_lcap6%Which Halo was the best? I_vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
Halo: Reach
Which Halo was the best? I_vote_lcap56%Which Halo was the best? I_vote_rcap
 56% [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 18

AuthorMessage
Kanrik
Admin
Kanrik

GU Credits : 14035

Which Halo was the best? Empty
PostSubject: Which Halo was the best?   Which Halo was the best? Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:56 pm

Lately, here on campus we have been discussing which one of the Halo games has been the best in the series (not encluding Halo Wars).
The main argument is between Halo 3 : ODST and Halo Reach. Note, this discussion is based on the storyline and controls of the game, not really on the graphics (wouldn't be fair).

I'm just curious to hear what other people think.
Back to top Go down
PTRobert

PTRobert

GU Credits : 4973

PostSubject: Re: Which Halo was the best?   Which Halo was the best? Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:41 am

reach with out a doubt is the best.

has better story played better, and had a more interesting story

Last edited by PTRobert on Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kanrik
Admin
Kanrik

GU Credits : 14035

PostSubject: Re: Which Halo was the best?   Which Halo was the best? Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:02 am

PTRobert wrote:
reach with out a doubt is the best.

has better story played better, and had a more interesting story
Thats what I said.

Reach has a great story line, even though its short and Bungie opted out of putting everything in the game that they were going too. Not saying ODST didn't have a good story line, but I liked Reach more.
Back to top Go down
Clutch

GU Credits : 5015

PostSubject: Re: Which Halo was the best?   Which Halo was the best? Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:08 pm

I would normally say Halo: Reach because of the above mentions of a brilliant storyline, but playing Halo: Combat Evolved gives me a nostalgic feeling that keeps me playing it for hours, especially if you just finished the Halo: Reach Campaign.
Back to top Go down
ConnorSaurusRex

ConnorSaurusRex

GU Credits : 5146

PostSubject: Re: Which Halo was the best?   Which Halo was the best? Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:26 pm

Halo 2 changed my life.
Got me into gaming. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.poyom0n.tumblr.com
Jhonny C.

Jhonny C.

GU Credits : 4959

PostSubject: Re: Which Halo was the best?   Which Halo was the best? Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:06 pm

Single player: 1, I loved Halo 1 to a ridiculous level
Multiplayer: Halo 2
Back to top Go down
LucarioLady

LucarioLady

GU Credits : 5028

PostSubject: Re: Which Halo was the best?   Which Halo was the best? Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:22 pm

I like Halo 3 AND Reach! XD
Back to top Go down
BlackandWhite

BlackandWhite

GU Credits : 5142

PostSubject: Re: Which Halo was the best?   Which Halo was the best? Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:40 am

I reach the Halo reach it is the best.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheOshaWater
yoshibreathesfire

yoshibreathesfire

GU Credits : 5358

PostSubject: Re: Which Halo was the best?   Which Halo was the best? Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:33 pm

I'm going to answer this from a different point of view.
I have no Xbox, or Xbox 360, and I've never played Halo Reach. So I'm basing my answer out of the few times I've played Halo 1, 2, or 3 at a friends house.

Halo 1 wasn't very fun to me, although the only time I played it was when I'd never played a first person shooter before. I died over and over, and got pretty pissed at the game. Although I found out that shooting a rocket at the ground made you go flying, so that's nice. Overall, I liked Halo 1 the least.

The only time I played Halo 3, was when one of Connor's friends brought a 360 to our house and I got to play. I had a fun time, but not because I was killing people, because I somehow got to fly around and delete spawn points. (I really don't know how :p) Although whether I was running or flying, Halo 3 never compared to my favourite Halo game.

Yes. I liked Halo 2 the best. When I first played it, I was used to N64 graphics, so it looked amazing, and I had the most fun with friends here. We played rocket launchers only, meaning that it was fun to get killed, and eventually started playing real matches, where I was evenly matched with people. Halo 2 definitely changed my point of view for first person shooters, and is my favourite Halo game.

This post is probably way too long for people to read...
Back to top Go down
LucarioLady

LucarioLady

GU Credits : 5028

PostSubject: Re: Which Halo was the best?   Which Halo was the best? Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:57 pm

No, actually I read all of it. lol!
Back to top Go down
Clutch

GU Credits : 5015

PostSubject: Re: Which Halo was the best?   Which Halo was the best? Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:25 pm

yoshibreathesfire wrote:
I'm going to answer this from a different point of view.
I have no Xbox, or Xbox 360, and I've never played Halo Reach. So I'm basing my answer out of the few times I've played Halo 1, 2, or 3 at a friends house.

Halo 1 wasn't very fun to me, although the only time I played it was when I'd never played a first person shooter before. I died over and over, and got pretty pissed at the game. Although I found out that shooting a rocket at the ground made you go flying, so that's nice. Overall, I liked Halo 1 the least.

The only time I played Halo 3, was when one of Connor's friends brought a 360 to our house and I got to play. I had a fun time, but not because I was killing people, because I somehow got to fly around and delete spawn points. (I really don't know how :p) Although whether I was running or flying, Halo 3 never compared to my favourite Halo game.

Yes. I liked Halo 2 the best. When I first played it, I was used to N64 graphics, so it looked amazing, and I had the most fun with friends here. We played rocket launchers only, meaning that it was fun to get killed, and eventually started playing real matches, where I was evenly matched with people. Halo 2 definitely changed my point of view for first person shooters, and is my favourite Halo game.

This post is probably way too long for people to read...
Haha I read your post!

Yeah Halo 3 was pretty good, but the campaign in my mind was a bit weak. And I believe you were in Forge World when you were deleting spawns Razz

And I understand your reason for Halo 2 because I as well played Halo 2 when I was used to the N64 graphics and I was amazed. I actually traded my N64 for my cousin's Xbox for like a week just to play Halo 2 Razz
Back to top Go down
ContinuumShift

ContinuumShift

GU Credits : 4971

PostSubject: Re: Which Halo was the best?   Which Halo was the best? Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:10 pm

If it was purely based on game play then Reach since it is the latest and was created with all the faults of the previous games in mind, but looking at the whole picture I prefer ODST. In my opinion ODST had the best cast of characters and it introduced Firefight into the series. It also came with the full Halo 3 multiplayer experience so you really got a game and half for the price of one.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Failboat

Admiral Failboat

GU Credits : 4943

PostSubject: Re: Which Halo was the best?   Which Halo was the best? Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:26 am

Story-wise, I thought Reach, but seeing how many people play Halo 3 online to reach, as far as I've seen for every 1 person on a game mode on reach there is 10 on halo 3, but all in all I prefer the online on reach as well.
Back to top Go down
frynaut

frynaut

GU Credits : 4993

PostSubject: Re: Which Halo was the best?   Which Halo was the best? Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:59 pm

Reach. It's my only Halo game I own seeing as though I'm not much of a fan of Halo.
Back to top Go down
MwebRevolution

MwebRevolution

GU Credits : 4895

PostSubject: Re: Which Halo was the best?   Which Halo was the best? Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:14 pm

Halo 2 is the best hands down, started most of the maps in Reach and Halo 3, introduced Xbox Live, using an Elite, clans, and a great campaign.
Back to top Go down
Jared

Jared

GU Credits : 5121

PostSubject: Re: Which Halo was the best?   Which Halo was the best? Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:14 pm

Please do not bump a 3 month old thread.... don't want to lock it since it's an admin's thread though D:
STOP POSTING!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which Halo was the best?   Which Halo was the best? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Which Halo was the best?
Page 1 of 1