Gamers United
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-A Home for All Gamers-

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Royal Wedding

Go down 
+3
Randomer19934
UndyingFury
yoshibreathesfire
7 posters
AuthorMessage
yoshibreathesfire

yoshibreathesfire

GU Credits : 5358

The Royal Wedding Empty
PostSubject: The Royal Wedding   The Royal Wedding Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:12 pm

So the Royal Wedding was today...
(Maybe yesterday depending on where you live.)

What did you guys think?

I personally didn't watch most of it because it started at 3:00AM and ended at 10:00AM where I live, but the small amount that I did see was really touching. I woke up in time to hear everyone singing God Save The Queen, and I saw the newlyweds ride off in the horse and carriage.

The only thing that upset me is that I didn't get the day off even though I'm in a Commonwealth country, but that can't be helped too much.

Did you guys enjoy it/not enjoy it?
Discuss.
Back to top Go down
UndyingFury

UndyingFury

GU Credits : 5101

The Royal Wedding Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Royal Wedding   The Royal Wedding Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:03 pm

Is it bad that I have never heard of 'The Royal Wedding'? :/
Back to top Go down
yoshibreathesfire

yoshibreathesfire

The Royal Wedding Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Royal Wedding   The Royal Wedding Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:53 pm

UndyingFury wrote:
Is it bad that I have never heard of 'The Royal Wedding'? :/
The wedding between Prince William and Kate Middleton that happened just today. (Yesterday by now in Britain)

It was all over the news.

Then again, you aren't in a Commonwealth Country, so maybe it wasn't covered as much.
It was a large event though.
Back to top Go down
Randomer19934

Randomer19934

GU Credits : 4957

The Royal Wedding Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Royal Wedding   The Royal Wedding Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:00 am

The thing I hate most about this country, is the monarchy..
Yesterdays festivities just proved to me how little I care about the lives of these unelected sponges.
Back to top Go down
yoshibreathesfire

yoshibreathesfire

The Royal Wedding Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Royal Wedding   The Royal Wedding Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:39 am

Randomer19934 wrote:
The thing I hate most about this country, is the monarchy..
Yesterdays festivities just proved to me how little I care about the lives of these unelected sponges.

Yeah, I actually heard a lot about how other countries seem to care more than Britain does.

Although you do still have a Prime-Minister there don't you?

I really would like to know more about the political system there, because you seem to have two different government systems...
Back to top Go down
Randomer19934

Randomer19934

The Royal Wedding Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Royal Wedding   The Royal Wedding Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:47 pm

Yeah, we have a Prime Minister.
Right now, we have a coalition government, which is two parties in power at once; Conservative Prime Minister with Liberal Democrat vice Prime Minister..
The monarchy now, however, has virtually now political power; hence why I see no point in it any more. The monarch used to have most of the power, back in the 1800s, but it slowly deteriorated to the point where they do nothing but wave and expect people to care about them.

So in essence, we do have two political systems, but the Prime Minister does everything revolving political matters and the monarchy does nothing.
Back to top Go down
yoshibreathesfire

yoshibreathesfire

The Royal Wedding Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Royal Wedding   The Royal Wedding Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:31 pm

Randomer19934 wrote:
Yeah, we have a Prime Minister.
Right now, we have a coalition government, which is two parties in power at once; Conservative Prime Minister with Liberal Democrat vice Prime Minister..
The monarchy now, however, has virtually now political power; hence why I see no point in it any more. The monarch used to have most of the power, back in the 1800s, but it slowly deteriorated to the point where they do nothing but wave and expect people to care about them.

So in essence, we do have two political systems, but the Prime Minister does everything revolving political matters and the monarchy does nothing.

That's pretty much how it is here.
We were ruled by your Monarchy, and they got less and less power as our government (Which is the same as yours) got more.
They still have a bit of power, but otherwise yeah, it's mostly our Prime Minister resolving political matters.

Although who they were aside, the wedding was a very wonderful one, and I enjoyed it.
Back to top Go down
Jared

Jared

GU Credits : 5121

The Royal Wedding Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Royal Wedding   The Royal Wedding Icon_minitime1Sun May 01, 2011 12:48 pm

WHO CARES.
period.
Back to top Go down
Pialga

Pialga

GU Credits : 5270

The Royal Wedding Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Royal Wedding   The Royal Wedding Icon_minitime1Sun May 01, 2011 4:03 pm

I really didn't care about it at all, but the American media keeps shoving ti down our throat. I personally don't even like the royal family, they get filthy rich off the people's taxpayer dollars and most of their family are a bunch of inbred psychos like prince phillip back in the last century.
Back to top Go down
Randomer19934

Randomer19934

The Royal Wedding Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Royal Wedding   The Royal Wedding Icon_minitime1Sun May 01, 2011 5:00 pm

Welcome to my world
Back to top Go down
yoshibreathesfire

yoshibreathesfire

The Royal Wedding Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Royal Wedding   The Royal Wedding Icon_minitime1Sun May 01, 2011 7:03 pm

I think the only countries that really did care a lot were Canada and Australia...

I dunno.

I did care, because this is a historic event, and Kate Middleton wasn't any part of the Royal Family beforehand, so it makes it that much more special. Kate Middleton could even be pictured on Canadian currency now.

What I'd like to know is why some people don't care *Cough Jared Cough*.
Back to top Go down
oniongravy64
Admin
oniongravy64

GU Credits : 14050

The Royal Wedding Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Royal Wedding   The Royal Wedding Icon_minitime1Wed May 04, 2011 9:44 am

The money the wedding cost could have been used to far better effect, although it did make everyone forget about how bad the economic climate is here for a while.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/oniongravy64?feature=mhum
yoshibreathesfire

yoshibreathesfire

The Royal Wedding Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Royal Wedding   The Royal Wedding Icon_minitime1Wed May 04, 2011 1:53 pm

oniongravy64 wrote:
The money the wedding cost could have been used to far better effect, although it did make everyone forget about how bad the economic climate is here for a while.

That's a good point...
I hadn't even thought about it that much, but that wedding did cost quite a bit of money.

How bad is the economy in Britain right now?

Canada's doing quite well right now compared to recent years.
Back to top Go down
Pialga

Pialga

GU Credits : 5270

The Royal Wedding Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Royal Wedding   The Royal Wedding Icon_minitime1Wed May 04, 2011 9:25 pm

oniongravy64 wrote:
I wouldn't say that's all that good
Back to top Go down
oniongravy64
Admin
oniongravy64

The Royal Wedding Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Royal Wedding   The Royal Wedding Icon_minitime1Wed May 04, 2011 10:19 pm

The British economy is poor to say the least. No real signs of recovery as of yet.
Back to top Go down
Randomer19934

Randomer19934

The Royal Wedding Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Royal Wedding   The Royal Wedding Icon_minitime1Thu May 05, 2011 5:17 am

oniongravy64 wrote:
The British economy is poor to say the least. No real signs of recovery as of yet.

But it's slightly better than it was a couple of years ago.
Back to top Go down
yoshibreathesfire

yoshibreathesfire

The Royal Wedding Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Royal Wedding   The Royal Wedding Icon_minitime1Fri May 06, 2011 1:59 pm

Well it definitely isn't anywhere near as bad as most places in Africa.

This is sorta related to the topic I guess, but does Britain have free health care?
I know the states don't, so I'm just wondering.
Back to top Go down
oniongravy64
Admin
oniongravy64

The Royal Wedding Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Royal Wedding   The Royal Wedding Icon_minitime1Fri May 06, 2011 11:30 pm

Pretty much everything is free unless it is really off the beaten track.
Back to top Go down
Momo

Momo

GU Credits : 5159

The Royal Wedding Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Royal Wedding   The Royal Wedding Icon_minitime1Sat May 07, 2011 8:46 pm

Well you see im not a girl
Back to top Go down
yoshibreathesfire

yoshibreathesfire

The Royal Wedding Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Royal Wedding   The Royal Wedding Icon_minitime1Sun May 08, 2011 5:44 pm

Momo wrote:
What does that have to do with anything?
Back to top Go down
Momo

Momo

GU Credits : 5159

The Royal Wedding Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Royal Wedding   The Royal Wedding Icon_minitime1Sun May 08, 2011 10:21 pm

yoshibreathesfire wrote:
Momo wrote:
i dont give a crap about a wedding of people i dont know
Back to top Go down
yoshibreathesfire

yoshibreathesfire

The Royal Wedding Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Royal Wedding   The Royal Wedding Icon_minitime1Mon May 09, 2011 2:00 pm

Momo wrote:
yoshibreathesfire wrote:
Momo wrote:
i dont give a crap about a wedding of people i dont know
If you'd read about it or even watched the news you'd know about them. It was a very historical world event.

Also, last I checked I had a penis, so it really isn't for girls.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Royal Wedding Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Royal Wedding   The Royal Wedding Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

The Royal Wedding
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gamers United :: Into the World :: General Discussion-
Jump to: