Gamers United
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-A Home for All Gamers-

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

YTPMV Maybe Daily

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
yoshibreathesfire

yoshibreathesfire

GU Credits : 5345

YTPMV Maybe Daily Empty
PostSubject: YTPMV Maybe Daily   YTPMV Maybe Daily Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:53 pm

This is a thread about the YTPMV (I'll get into what that is in a second.)

To shorten out what could be a long introduction, this thread is basically going to be something I update annually bringing on new updates. You guys can feel free to post on it and ask questions, but you'll know when I'm posting what I'll call an article.

With that out of the way, our first article will be all about what a YTPMV is.

YTPMV is an acronym for Youtube Poop Music Video. It's basically a clip or a series of clips taken and timed/pitch shifted to a song. While it does have the name Youtube Poop in it, it isn't very much like a Youtube Poop.

The first video to ever use the term YTPMV was YTPMV: Dr. Octagonapus posted by Youtube Pooper MrRoboto113.

As you can see, the video was pretty badly timed and repetitive, but it's what started the Youtube hit known as a YTPMV.

Nowadays, YTPMVs are made with more video clips playing at a time, pitch shifting and a lot more profession.

There are two categories of YTPMV: Fad and Original

An original YTPMV is one like the first one where the user uses a BGM (Background Music) that isn't overused or maybe no BGM at all. A notable example would be Big Beat Mario uploaded by user SkyGuy16 or YTPMV - MAMAMAMA-MAMAMA-MAMA uploaded by user oiramapap.

A Fad YTPMV on the other hand is when a user remixes to a popular BGM or a popular video source. I won't give any examples of these right now as fads will eventually have their own article.

Articles will include (But are not subject to only) BGM fads, Video Fads, and Famous YTPMVers. I hope you look forward to learning more about one of my favourite youtube communities, and of course you can leave any questions you have.
Back to top Go down
yoshibreathesfire

yoshibreathesfire

YTPMV Maybe Daily Empty
PostSubject: Re: YTPMV Maybe Daily   YTPMV Maybe Daily Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:21 pm

Okay, I'm back for another article, I'll start off with a simple one.

GentleMentleMen

Original Video
The original video was simply titles GentleMentleMen and was posted by MapleManiac9001 sometime around September, 2009. The account was later suspended and he reuploaded the video to the account MapleManiac9003 on October 10th, 2009.
The video was of the spy from Team Fortress 2 and scenes from Zelda CDi.
He has since audio-swapped the video for a bribe of somewhere over 100$.
GentleMentleMen by MapleManiac9003:

GentleMentleMen Reuploaded by MilkshakeManSeePee (This is what it sounded like before audio-swapping):

Background Music
The background song used in this YTPMV is called Ageha by Japanese composer Ryu for Japan only game Stepmania.

The Community's Response
The YTPMV community went crazy with this simple BGM and well over 200 videos using the same BGM was made, only with different video sources. The videos titles usually reflect what the video source is, just as GentleMentleMen did.
Some notable examples are:
ProtoProtoMan by user PeaTea64

MaMaLuigi by user HTFFan8500

NineTeenNinetyFour 2.0 by user Tachinn1994

IGotToGoPig by user TriforceOfDiarrhea (Me :3)

If you have any questions, opinions or just something to say about this article, feel free to post! (This is a forum after all.)
Back to top Go down
yoshibreathesfire

yoshibreathesfire

YTPMV Maybe Daily Empty
PostSubject: Re: YTPMV Maybe Daily   YTPMV Maybe Daily Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:22 pm

So the last fad I covered was a BGM fad, so this time I'll move onto a video fad. I'll start off with the most popular.

No Man

Original Video
The original video in this fad was uploaded by MexicanSunFlower sometime in 2009. His account has since been suspended and the video was never reuploaded.

The Source Video
The video is a scene from a cartoon from MTV called Clone high. One overly enthusiastic director is trying to tell his actor how to "SAY WHAT!?"

In the fad, people typically make a short, no BGM remix of when the character says "what."

The Community's Response
The response to this fad was a huge one. So huge in fact, that this fad is considered an internet meme and has been confirmed as one by KnowYourMeme. The title generally reflects the title of the original video (No Man.)
Notable Examples:
No man, just NO! by wazgul:

YES WOMAN by Aros24 (Listen to the last song used, it was from the previous article!):

NOU MEN by Tachin1994:

NAM ON by LolZombiez:

No Dead Fad Man by TriforceOfDiarrhea (Me because I'm such a sellout):

The fad was popular for quite a while, but has been very inactive now. The scene is also used for regular BGM YTPMVs as a source too.

If you have any questions or comments, be sure to leave them as always! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
yoshibreathesfire

yoshibreathesfire

YTPMV Maybe Daily Empty
PostSubject: Re: YTPMV Maybe Daily   YTPMV Maybe Daily Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:33 am

Sorry for the lack of updates. I can get pretty lazy sometimes...

Anyways, most of the fads I've done so far originated a while ago, so I'll do a newer one. This one is a BGM fad.

The Light Shines On...

Original Video
The video that started this fad was The Light Shines On The Team Uploaded December 20th, 2010 by SpeeeedGeek:

The user left the name of the song in the description asking why people didn't use this song as it came from the same game as the so popular fad BGM Red_Zone (I'll get to that eventually.)

Background Music
The song is Light Shine from the Japanese game BeatmaniaIIDX 17 SIRIUS. As you can tell upon listening to the song, SpeeeedGeek's video only used a specific part from the song.

The Community's Response
While there aren't a giant amount of responses right now, the first response, The light shines on Billy by norris3942, was uploaded the exact same day as the original video.

Despite the low amount of responses, the amount of views on the videos have made The Light Shines On excepted as a fad.

Notable Examples
The Light shine on the Cry by MrOnule:

The Light Shines on The Octogon by Ihaveapsp:

The Light Shines got 16 Hours by DWL1993:

The Light Shines On Luigi by myself:

The Light Shines on Pokemon by hermit527:

There are of course, more responses to this fad, however some are quite difficult to find.

As always, leave any comments, questions or suggestions as a post. Smile
Back to top Go down
Momo

Momo

GU Credits : 5146

YTPMV Maybe Daily Empty
PostSubject: Re: YTPMV Maybe Daily   YTPMV Maybe Daily Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:31 pm

You forgot to say that gentlegentlemen is from the meet the spy tf2 trailer but otherwise good work
Back to top Go down
yoshibreathesfire

yoshibreathesfire

YTPMV Maybe Daily Empty
PostSubject: Re: YTPMV Maybe Daily   YTPMV Maybe Daily Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:56 pm

yoshibreathesfire wrote:
The video was of the spy from Team Fortress 2 and scenes from Zelda CDi.

Momo wrote:
You forgot to say that gentlegentlemen is from the meet the spy tf2 trailer but otherwise good work

Razz
Back to top Go down
Momo

Momo

GU Credits : 5146

YTPMV Maybe Daily Empty
PostSubject: Re: YTPMV Maybe Daily   YTPMV Maybe Daily Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:09 pm

All you said that it was spy not what video it was from
Back to top Go down
yoshibreathesfire

yoshibreathesfire

YTPMV Maybe Daily Empty
PostSubject: Re: YTPMV Maybe Daily   YTPMV Maybe Daily Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:53 pm

Momo wrote:
All you said that it was spy not what video it was from
But the video was OF the Spy, so it shouldn't really matter.
Back to top Go down
yoshibreathesfire

yoshibreathesfire

YTPMV Maybe Daily Empty
PostSubject: Re: YTPMV Maybe Daily   YTPMV Maybe Daily Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:40 pm

Sorry about the lack of updates and whatnot, I'm just a lazy jerk.

Anyways....

Neopandemic

Original Video
The video that started this fad was NeopandeMike uploaded by MrMisterMisterMr on May 24th 2011.

The fad is fairly new but has started to blow up recently.

Background Music
The background song for this fad is Neopandemic by KITSUNE².

The artist, KITSUNE² is well known for other fads such as Rainbow Tylenol, Rock My Emotions and Avast Your Ass.

The Community's Response
The song isn't super overused yet, however with the amount of views and amount of responses in recent months, this song is most definitely a fad.

The most viewed response so far (More than the original) is Space Pandemic by theTofoCube.

Notable Examples
Neopandemanager inc ² by jojotjuh:

NeoPony by juakakoki:

Shijimipandemic by anonymide:

RudeAssPandemic by ltotheucasltotheucas:

NoirePandemic by Lolzombiez:

ChuggaaPandemic by myself (Supposedly some of my best work):

There are, as always, more responses to this fad if you would like to see more.

If you have any questions, comments, rants, death threats or ideas, leave them as a reply. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

YTPMV Maybe Daily Empty
PostSubject: Re: YTPMV Maybe Daily   YTPMV Maybe Daily Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

YTPMV Maybe Daily
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gamers United :: Youtube :: YouTube Discussion-
Jump to: