Gamers United
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-A Home for All Gamers-

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Bowling.......

Go down 
+8
Darkravenn12
Kanrik
X
Elfar
Clutch
Momo
mrcatz
Pialga
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Pialga

Pialga

GU Credits : 5270

Bowling....... Empty
PostSubject: Bowling.......   Bowling....... Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:35 pm

I SUCK! now, I did horrible all during the practice, my arm keeps twitching to the side and I keep getting gutters >_<. Does anyone have any pointers, if not I'm just gonna quit.
Back to top Go down
mrcatz

mrcatz

GU Credits : 5039

Bowling....... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bowling.......   Bowling....... Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:39 pm

I know the way you move your wrists matters and those arrows on the lanes and the wood floor help. If your right handed and bowl like me, I start on the second arowow to the right and aim the ball there
Back to top Go down
Momo

Momo

GU Credits : 5159

Bowling....... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bowling.......   Bowling....... Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:11 pm

I suck so feel happy
Back to top Go down
Clutch

GU Credits : 5015

Bowling....... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bowling.......   Bowling....... Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:49 pm

Well, I don't have any tips that can really help since I have only "bowled" for fun, but the best advice would be to keep on practicing. If you really love the sport, then you wouldn't have had any thoughts about quitting. I know quitting something very dear to me would be extremely hard to do.
So yeah, just keep practicing! Good luck and remember, have fun!
Back to top Go down
Elfar

Elfar

GU Credits : 5054

Bowling....... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bowling.......   Bowling....... Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:55 pm

If you're just starting out, a good thing to do check on would be to make sure that you're keeping your wrist straight. I find that beginners tend to twist their wrists a lot. As well as this, practice rolling the ball in a particular direction.

Last edited by Elfar on Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Elfarz
Pialga

Pialga

GU Credits : 5270

Bowling....... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bowling.......   Bowling....... Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:48 pm

Momo wrote:
I suck so feel happy
I bowled a 45 pale

Elfar wrote:
If you're just starting out, a good thing to do check on would be to make sure that you're keeping your wrist straight. I find that beginners tend to twist their wrists a lot. As well as this, practice rolling the ball in a particular direction.
That is the EXACT problem.
Back to top Go down
mrcatz

mrcatz

GU Credits : 5039

Bowling....... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bowling.......   Bowling....... Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:09 pm

Pialga wrote:
Momo wrote:
I suck so feel happy
I bowled a 45 pale

Elfar wrote:
That is the EXACT problem.

I bowled somewhere in the 20's-30's when I first started, it takes time and practice
Back to top Go down
X

GU Credits : 5113

Bowling....... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bowling.......   Bowling....... Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:58 am

Well I'm pretty damn **** myself, but I know that you have to focus on the center of the skittles.

Oh and use a ball that you feel comfortable with.

Last edited by Psycosmic on Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kanrik
Admin
Kanrik

GU Credits : 14035

Bowling....... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bowling.......   Bowling....... Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:16 am

See, I discovered that sometimes, you need to just have some fun and don't be competitive all the time, so when you are competitive you are actually doing better.
If you can get 100 by just having fun, then you should easily get more than that when you try.
Back to top Go down
Darkravenn12

Darkravenn12

GU Credits : 5027

Bowling....... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bowling.......   Bowling....... Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:15 pm

For a second there i thought u meant Wii Sports Bowling, Lol.
Anyway, im also terrible at bowling, although ive only done it like once or twice.
It seems easy but it's actually difficult Mad
Back to top Go down
BlackandWhite

BlackandWhite

GU Credits : 5142

Bowling....... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bowling.......   Bowling....... Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:05 pm

I was naturally good at bowling and for some reason, WiiSports helps, the only advice I can give you is practice, practice, practice.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheOshaWater
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

GU Credits : 5078

Bowling....... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bowling.......   Bowling....... Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:16 am

The #1 tip I can give you from my own experience is too always, always, keep your eye on the pins (aka where you want the bowling ball to go) when you throw/roll the ball. If you keep your target locked on by your eyes your wrist and fingers should go where they need to pretty much all the time.]

Good luck =)
Back to top Go down
LucarioLady

LucarioLady

GU Credits : 5028

Bowling....... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bowling.......   Bowling....... Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:29 pm

Well at least you don't suck as much as me.

Last edited by LucarioLady on Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rover

Rover

GU Credits : 5133

Bowling....... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bowling.......   Bowling....... Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:07 am

Hmm.. I'm pretty good at bowling I guess. I don't play it a lot only in the summer in July so yeah.

Some tips I have is practice a lot if you wanna get better, try to aim the ball down the middle as much as possible, idk what twitching is but stop it, and that's about it.

Also, play with bumpers at first. :p
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bowling....... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bowling.......   Bowling....... Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Bowling.......
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gamers United :: Into the World :: Bad Day Rants-
Jump to: