Gamers United
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-A Home for All Gamers-

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Name origins

Go down 
+12
Momo
mrcatz
BlackandWhite
Anju
Pialga
Evil
Kanrik
Clutch
yoshibreathesfire
Shnoogle
X
Darkravenn12
16 posters
AuthorMessage
Darkravenn12

Darkravenn12

GU Credits : 4975

Name origins Empty
PostSubject: Name origins   Name origins Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:29 pm

Ok
i dont really know if this is considered a game, tbh i dont think it is
so ill put it here

Anyway
Where did your name come from?
For me, basically, i just pick random adjectives and stuff, Lol. (like my yt name is steeleagle17)
The second n in ravenn was actually a typo when I made a username for combat arms. It looked cooler than darkraven12 so i kept it Smile .
And ive been using it since then. The 12 is just random, lol.
Back to top Go down
X

GU Credits : 5061

Name origins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name origins   Name origins Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:49 pm

Psyneku (my YT and official name) comes from a diverse species called Haranga, which is a rare Japanese animal.

There was a rescue centre where they kept endangered Haranga and it was called Psy's Area.

I then added Neku on the end because it was the name of a receipe I love "Neku's Curry".

Yeah kinda random but meh.

I like to dig deep into my thinking.
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

GU Credits : 5026

Name origins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name origins   Name origins Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:25 pm

One summer at camp when I was like 9 or so I was doing a craft that was basically a foam ball (like the kind you would make a solar system model out of) with small pieces of yarn coming out of it everywhere (like a yarn puffball) and two big googly eyes. It was called a Snoogle (no "h").

When I got my dog, Ozzie, who is a fluffy and adorable Bichon Frise, when I was 12 or so he reminded me of the Snoogles I used to make. So, I added a "h" after the S and he became known as my Shnoogle lol.

That's where my username came from =D
Back to top Go down
yoshibreathesfire

yoshibreathesfire

GU Credits : 5306

Name origins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name origins   Name origins Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:16 pm

Yoshi is by far my favourite Nintendo character, and when I first got Super Smash Bros Brawl, I was excited to see his final smash. What did he do?

He breathed fire!

Yoshi Breathes Fire.

Yeah it's fairly simple, but it's somewhat original since no one on youtube had it!
Back to top Go down
Clutch

GU Credits : 4963

Name origins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name origins   Name origins Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:04 pm

When I got my Xbox 360, I was trying to think of an awesome Gamertag but didn't just mean for one game. I was remembering to when I watched my cousin play COD4 and yelling, "Yeah I just clutched the game!" So after many different variations, I got zzClutchTimezz, where I can clutch the game in several different games, whether it'd be the game winning kill or the game winning goal/touchdown in the final seconds.

Also, I'm pretty clutch if I do say so myself Smile
Back to top Go down
Kanrik
Admin
Kanrik

GU Credits : 13983

Name origins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name origins   Name origins Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:14 pm

Oh how to start.

Well, back when I was in 5th grade I got into making my own characters, and the first one I came up was the one that gained the name "Kanrik". Note: This was before Neopets made the horrible mistake of using the same name (and the same spelling) for one of their characters. When I went to join Gaia Online I went to use the name Lenwe, but apparently it was taken, so I went with Kanrik. Anyone I met online knew me as Kanrik, and the name more or less stuck with me, even when I made my Youtube; Kanrik had to be in the name.

Now how did I come up with the name? Well, I thought Can-Rick had an interesting sound, since the basis of the character was "can he do it?", but Canrick didn't seem like a fun spelling. Then it went to Kanrick (which most people still put, bakas -.-) but I didn't like it still, so I shortened it to Kanrik.

Thats how I got one of the 4 names I use online (the other being Salvador, Lenwe, and Los Lobos).

Before its asked: Girarik became a name I used online because somehow Kanrik was taken, and it a combination of Giratina (Gira) and Kanrik (rik).
Back to top Go down
Evil

GU Credits : 5109

Name origins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name origins   Name origins Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:48 pm

thats a nice story there kanrick
Back to top Go down
Pialga

Pialga

GU Credits : 5218

Name origins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name origins   Name origins Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:59 pm

Is mine really not obvious? Palkia and Dialga, this was actually my name on the serebii forums.
Back to top Go down
Kanrik
Admin
Kanrik

GU Credits : 13983

Name origins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name origins   Name origins Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:24 pm

Evil wrote:
thats a nice story there kanrick
Ah Evil, yous trollin.
Back to top Go down
Anju

Anju

GU Credits : 4919

Name origins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name origins   Name origins Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:20 pm

Since my original name was AnjuTehDarkBunny, ill explain that

Anju is a character from a manga i like, Chibi Vampire, and since she's a vampire i decided to put Dark in there, and since i felt it needed something after that Bunny just seemed fitting. I did realized it looked stupid as AnjuDarkBunny, so i decided to put The in the middle, but messed up, but kept it since its cuter :3
Back to top Go down
BlackandWhite

BlackandWhite

GU Credits : 5090

Name origins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name origins   Name origins Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:49 pm

Well mine is obvious, I am not that creative on names but my name is SSHG and BW well you can tell. My other names are Hawktor, ChaosWarrior, and HuggersofMercy. I am as well known as Shiny Ditto on some forums.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheOshaWater
mrcatz

mrcatz

GU Credits : 4987

Name origins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name origins   Name origins Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:53 pm

We call this kid at my school mrKatz so I changed the K. Pretty exciting right Smile
Back to top Go down
Momo

Momo

GU Credits : 5107

Name origins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name origins   Name origins Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:05 pm

I like avatar the last airbender

My username I use for everything is themagicalcake. I put the a adjective and a food that explains why my old email was themightycucumber

Should I change my name to cake?
Back to top Go down
mrcatz

mrcatz

Name origins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name origins   Name origins Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:34 pm

Momo wrote:

My username I use for everything is themagicalcake. I put the a adjective and a food that explains why my old email was themightycucumber

No if you change make it back to your original
Back to top Go down
Momo

Momo

GU Credits : 5107

Name origins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name origins   Name origins Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:38 pm

mrcatz wrote:
Momo wrote:

You want me to change it to herooftime?
Back to top Go down
Evil

Name origins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name origins   Name origins Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:56 pm

Momo wrote:
cucumber

I loooove cucumbers. I love you
Back to top Go down
mrcatz

mrcatz

Name origins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name origins   Name origins Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:23 pm

Momo wrote:
mrcatz wrote:
Momo wrote:

You want me to change it to herooftime?

no if you change it make it the original. I like momo and herooftime
Back to top Go down
Evil Oogie

Evil Oogie

GU Credits : 4941

Name origins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name origins   Name origins Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:41 pm

Hmm how did I come up with Evil Oogie again?

Oh I remember, at the time I made up this name (no idea when really) I was really into The Nightmare Before Christmas. Oogie Boogie was, and still is, my favorite Disney character of all time, and I just shortened it to Oogie as Jack does in the movie. I added the Evil just because I felt an adjective was called for and Oogie was certainly evil.

And yeah... Oh as for the 117 in my gamertag, simple. Masterchief was spartan 117
and plain Evil Oogie was already taken.
Back to top Go down
LucarioLady

LucarioLady

GU Credits : 4976

Name origins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name origins   Name origins Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:29 am

I love Lucario and I'm a lady. Pretty basic, huh?
Back to top Go down
ContinuumShift

ContinuumShift

GU Credits : 4919

Name origins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name origins   Name origins Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:00 pm

I like the video game Blazblue Continuum Shift. That's about it... >.>
Back to top Go down
Elfar

Elfar

GU Credits : 5002

Name origins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name origins   Name origins Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:00 pm

A year or so ago, when I first joined youtube, forums, etc., I was playing brawl a lot. My main was toon link, so, I wanted something slightly more original then Elf, which, of course, fits Link well. From this, I came up with Elf Army. This, however, didn't fit in the nickname thing in Brawl. So, to fit the 5 characters they allow, I wrote "Elf", and added the first two letters in Army to get Elfar.

As for my youtube, Elfar was taken (though as closed account), and I thought Elfarz was the coolest thing that was so close to Elfar.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Elfarz
Evil

Name origins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name origins   Name origins Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:13 pm

lol you guys think to hard to make a username

mine was because jirachi was taken on youtube so i made an account called eviljirachi to spam and bother everyone and everyone called me evil so im stuf with it :3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Name origins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name origins   Name origins Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Name origins
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gamers United :: Into the World :: General Discussion-
Jump to: