Gamers United
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-A Home for All Gamers-

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

OK so online schooling?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

GU Credits : 5048

OK so online schooling?  Empty
PostSubject: OK so online schooling?    OK so online schooling?  Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:27 am

Basically, my family, including myself, and some other people in our church are traveling to Guinea (that's in Africa on the west coast) early December to watch a bunch of missionary's kids from teens to babies while their parents are in some 2 week conference thing. Now, in this time period I would be missing a TON of school. Classes such as AP Language and Pre Cal are hard enough as it is, but missing ~10 days in a row would just suck so incredibly bad.

Therefore, my parents have pulled me out of school and put me into an online school so that I can have all the things I need to do right in front of me so I can complete everything before I go to Guinea and so things would be generally easier on me for this trip. For those of you who do not know, I suffer from chronic migraines frequently (had an eye injury in 6th grade and that's where it all started -_-) and high stress tasks such as making up schoolwork even if I missed one day triggers them. After they are here they are extremely hard to get rid of and sometimes I have to go to the emergency room to get an IV drip to make them go away, and IV drips SUCK!

Yeah, so, what are your guy's thoughts about all of this? Do any of you take classes online or are home schooled?
Back to top Go down
Darkravenn12

Darkravenn12

GU Credits : 4997

PostSubject: Re: OK so online schooling?    OK so online schooling?  Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:34 am

hmm online schooling
that sounds interesting, never heard of that before. A couple kids at my school used to be home schooled, and one of them said that they liked it, but they liked regular school better. I havent experienced either myself so I cant really give you much insight, but it seems interesting. Hope you enjoy it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jared

Jared

GU Credits : 5091

PostSubject: Re: OK so online schooling?    OK so online schooling?  Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:14 pm

Do you pick your times, or is it same as regular school, 8-3?
Back to top Go down
BlackandWhite

BlackandWhite

GU Credits : 5112

PostSubject: Re: OK so online schooling?    OK so online schooling?  Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:49 pm

What are IV drips? Also I never heard of online schooling *runs to mom for it*
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheOshaWater
Clutch

GU Credits : 4985

PostSubject: Re: OK so online schooling?    OK so online schooling?  Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:36 pm

BlackandWhite wrote:
What are IV drips? Also I never heard of online schooling *runs to mom for it*
IV drips are just basically getting an IV line in you, for inserting medication in you through your veins so it gets to the bloodstream.

I haven't done online schooling, so I don't much, but I did do Tutor Vista for a bit during the beginning of football season since I never had the time to go to a teacher after school and ask for extra help, but I would imagine it would be the same, expect without the tutor's help Razz
I also imagine it would be the same as Web Assign, which is what we use for online homework for our science classes.

I believe that's as close as I can get on the topic though, so good luck with the trip and hope the online schooling isn't too bad!
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

GU Credits : 5048

PostSubject: Re: OK so online schooling?    OK so online schooling?  Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:44 pm

Just had my first day of it today... wasn't that bad and in fact I was done in about 3 hours

Jared wrote:
Do you pick your times, or is it same as regular school, 8-3?

Umm... you have assignments for each day (listed as a lesson) and once you read the lesson, watch the videos etc... you answer some questions (about 20 or so, but they are pretty easy for the most part) and then you are done for that class for the day. You can also work ahead so if you are bored and want to learn more history then you could go do the next 2 lessons.

What sucks though is that it is supposed to take ~10 months to complete each grade, but considering how easy it is I'm pretty sure I'll finish quicker
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OK so online schooling?    OK so online schooling?  Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

OK so online schooling?
Page 1 of 1