Gamers United
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-A Home for All Gamers-

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[Story] The Slug Hunters

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rover

Rover

GU Credits : 5122

[Story] The Slug Hunters Empty
PostSubject: [Story] The Slug Hunters   [Story] The Slug Hunters Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:53 pm

The Slug Hunters – Prologue

Hello, I am Ben. I am a 13 year old boy that lives in the Pojol village. I had a normal life on the farm, until the “Big Change” happened. What is the “Big Change” you may ask? Well, that's only part of my story. I'm writing this so in the future, people know that it was hard. But, who reads anymore when you have virtual worlds and stuff? I just hope, that one day, my story will be great and people will read it. If there is a future...

It is currently about 2500 as I am writing this. No one knows the real date anymore, but no one needs to know. Every day is the same, horrible. Well, for most people it is. People have the fear of getting killed each day. Even the children know about the horrible things that go on. Our world is pretty screwed up, I guess you could say. But me, I am a savior. I make it so people have hope, so they know that there is someone who is brave.

Now, I will start my story soon, but there is more information you need to know. So, let's get into some brief science. There are currently 12,000 planets in our galaxy right now, ever since the “Big Change” happened. But only one of them has life. Earth. But only one of them has water and food, and it's not Earth. Hopefully when you read this you will have water and food on your planet. But right now, we have to eat machine made food and drink machine made water. It's pretty horrible. Scientists say living off that stuff will only last you until your 45. Then you're sure to die. But I won't die. I will live forever. And it's not good to live forever. Enough of this, you probably know enough.

I have constantly been referencing to myself. And you're probably wanting to know more about me. Well, as I said my basic facts, I didn't say where I came from. I came from Russia, but my parents abandoned me on the streets when I was five. I didn't know what to do, so I put myself in the mail box. That was a big mistake. The mail truck I was in crashed and landed in a lake somehow, don't question how. I climbed out, I can't really remember how. But when I came up, I saw a nice lady. She took me inside her house, and claimed me as her child. I then farmed on her farm for a while and it was great. But on my 12th birthday, everything changed.

This is where I leave you, until later. You know enough about me. In the next chapter, I will tell you all about the “Big Change”, I know you're just dying to know.
Back to top Go down
Rover

Rover

GU Credits : 5122

[Story] The Slug Hunters Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Story] The Slug Hunters   [Story] The Slug Hunters Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:26 pm

The Slug Hunters – Chapter 1 - The “Big Change”

I was out on the farm, it was a perfectly normal day. Well, not excactly normal I suppose. It was my 12th birthday, or so said my keeper. I didn't know her name so I just called her Mom. She gave me a new hoe for my birthday, and I guess it was a good present. My old one was kinda falling apart. So, anyways, I was on the farm. Then, out of nowhere, there was a red flash, then a silence.

The silence hung in the air for what is seemed like forever. I couldn't move, though. It felt very strange. I couldn't do anything. I was frozen, and so was everything else. Then, the Sky disappeared. As crazy as it sounds, it did. There was no color in the sky, not black nor white. It looked so unreal. It's probably difficult for you to imagine, since you have never seen it. Then out of no where my mind shut down. I couldn't think. It was so bizarre! Then everything moved again, the sky came back, and I could think. It was like someone pushed the play button on a movie. But then again, who watches movies anymore?

So I was in shock. I ran to ask my keeper, Mom, if she saw it. But when I came into the kitchen, I saw her on the ground. Blood was squirting out of her like you would not believe. I tried not to panic. I examined her body, even though it was gross. When I turned her over I saw something on her back. It looked like a leech, no a slug of some sort. It was green. It was sucking on her, it didn't make much sense, but I didn't care. I sprinted to the bathroom and got a plunger. Then I took the plunger and whacked the creature with it, but then, I saw something. It came in my mind, it was in everyone's mind. It said these exact words.

“Hello, people of all ages. My name is IT. You may have noticed that someone in your area has been attacked by a small green creature. I call this a slug. Slugs are my little buddies, and the more you try to kill them, the stronger they get. Then when your back is turned, they multiply. A few. Tens. Hundreds. Thousands. Millions. Billions. These slugs will take over Earth with me. Your silly god, Giflo, cannot stop me. You know why? I won't tell. Also, I have mad thousands of new planets to confuse you little scientists and to keep you busy while the slugs take over. Watch, as slugs begin to appear everywhere. And watch as new slugs appear everywhere. And watch as I take over.”

My heart skipped a beat when I came back to reality. I saw seven slugs lying on my floor. I quickly ran out of the house. I saw a wishing well. I don't know what I was thinking, but I jumped in the wishing well. Little did I know that I made a huge mistake. This wishing well led to hell. That's right. H e double hockey sticks.

I got up and saw hell. I wanted to get out as soon as I saw it. But then a spirit appeared in front of me. She said, “Hello young one. This is the underworld, once you come in, you will not get out. The ruler of the underworld? Well, we'll leave that as a mystery for now. TEE-HEE!”

Poof, the spirit was gone. What a great 12th birthday! But then, I found out that IT had taken over hell too. I saw people getting sucked by slugs everywhere. I then saw one guy that caught my eye. He was wearing normal clothes like me. Everyone else was... naked. So I walked up to him and asked, “How you doing?”

“Fine, how about yourself?” he asked.
“Meh, I'm doing okay.”
“Well, you don't sound excited. Then again no one is down here. But now these weird slugs are taking over and it's just chaos.”
“Welcome to the club. Well hey, my name's Ben. What yours?”
“Gregory, but you can call me Greg if you want! Lucky for me, I know how to stop these slugs."
“Wait- what did you just say?”
“I can stop the slugs. I have special powers.”

Then, Gregory disappeared into the floor. I must have just seen it since all this crazy stuff was happening. Then I saw a sight that horrified me. Not only did it horrify me, but it got be angry...
Back to top Go down

[Story] The Slug Hunters
Page 1 of 1