Gamers United
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-A Home for All Gamers-

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How to Format a RMT Topic

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Theriat
Admin
Theriat

GU Credits : 14025

How to Format a RMT Topic Empty
PostSubject: How to Format a RMT Topic   How to Format a RMT Topic Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:20 pm

neutral777 wrote:
I am going to stress the importance of this: This isn't a guide to dictate the uniform method of team posting. This is designed to give folks a way to present their team clearly so that the raters can properly read the information regarding your team. Again, this is not promoting any one way of posting your Pokemon's set. This is promoting that time and care be taken in displaying your team so that the raters can do their job effectively.

I have seen numerous Teams posted for critique and they vary widely in formatting...I am going to offer a template. Hopefully, it will be easier for the folks here to read and understand the individual pokemon and give better rates without nitpicking on the formatting.

Firstly, as an introduction, one should clearly state the intentions and the purpose for the team. Are you playing competitively? Is this a tourney? What are the rules of said tourney? Is this Wifi or Shoddy? Singles or Doubles? etc. This will give the rater a place to start and allow them prepare mentally for what suggestions they could offer.

Secondly, the team itself should be clearly posted with Natures, EVs, and Moveset. Here are two subtly different formats:

Wartortle (M) @ Leftovers ** Nickname
Trait: <censored (illegal)>
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Aqua Jet
- Focus Punch
- Yawn
- Waterfall

Nickname (Wartortle) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: <censored (illegal)>
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Aqua Jet
- Focus Punch
- Waterfall
- Yawn

Both display all of the important information and are neatly presented. The first was exported from NetBattle, the second from ShoddyBattle. Both are Online Battle Simulators. You may use either of these or your own template, just make sure all of the necessary information is clearly and neatly displayed. Nicknames aren't necessary but if you want to post it, by all means, do so.

*To accompany the Pokemon's move set, it would be beneficial if a concise entry was written to explain your choices behind the Pokemon, the role is serves, and the move choices. This helps the Rater understand your logic. If a suggestion needs to be made, the Rater will know what to keep in mind regarding Pokemon choice, role on the team, etc.

Thirdly, An optional threat list can be provided. When making my teams, I sometimes end it with some finds that I had made through play testing. I'll usually mention that I am weak to a specific Pokemon or type. The threat list, if done, should be a list of common Pokemon within the metagame your team falls into (Standard, Ubers, UU, etc.) or, at least, something as basic as a type coverage listing. This portion is entirely optional though it can help draw attention from the immediate weakness which warrants a more advanced look on the second run through of the team. It's up to you.

I think that a lot of the teams that are posted, especially by newer folks, get overlooked or misunderstood because of the poor formatting. If everyone would format their teams by loosely following this guide, I think that it would provide a better environment for rates. This isn't to call anyone out or belittle. It is more of a helpful tool to ensure quality rates. This is just a general guide for a bare bones RMT post. Feel free to add what you desire like pictures, colored text, etc. Just make sure that it isn't distracting from the team itself and doesn't disrupt the clarity of the post.

ALSO: I'd like to point out that if English isn't your strong point, which isn't a big deal, you should build the team in ShoddyBattle or NetBattle, then export the team to text, and copy+paste it into your RMT. It appears as most of the folks here speak English and if you were to post using the exported team, you wouldn't have to worry about your spelling and we'll be able to understand what you mean with better clarity.
-Credit goes to a former member of a different forum.
Back to top Go down
https://gamersunited.niceboard.com

How to Format a RMT Topic
Page 1 of 1