Gamers United
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-A Home for All Gamers-

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I dropped my DSi in the toilet...

Go down 
+5
BlackandWhite
Shnoogle
LucarioLady
Evil
Rover
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Rover

Rover

GU Credits : 5110

I dropped my DSi in the toilet... Empty
PostSubject: I dropped my DSi in the toilet...   I dropped my DSi in the toilet... Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:23 pm

I learned that water and electronical devices don't mix well.

Gee, do I know what I'm getting for Christmas. No
Back to top Go down
Evil

GU Credits : 5138

PostSubject: Re: I dropped my DSi in the toilet...   I dropped my DSi in the toilet... Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:37 pm

did you flush it down?

what did you do

let it dry lol

wtf were you doing with it in the first place

and why

so many questions
Back to top Go down
Rover

Rover

PostSubject: Re: I dropped my DSi in the toilet...   I dropped my DSi in the toilet... Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:39 pm

Evil wrote:
did you flush it down?
._. I don't know I think I can tell the difference between a turd and a DSi.

what did you do
I got it out of the toilet and let it dry and try to fix it.

let it dry lol
Currently trying, but doesn't look so great.

wtf were you doing with it in the first place
Dumping a load.

and why
Because I get bored on the toilet and can't be bothered to read.

so many questions
And so many answers.
Back to top Go down
Evil

PostSubject: Re: I dropped my DSi in the toilet...   I dropped my DSi in the toilet... Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:43 pm

you need some radiation treatment on that ds, for all you know that anti bacterial soap you've been using couldve been disrupting your body's natural ability to fight common diseases

Back to top Go down
Rover

Rover

PostSubject: Re: I dropped my DSi in the toilet...   I dropped my DSi in the toilet... Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:44 pm

Evil wrote:
you need some radiation treatment on that ds, for all you know that anti bacterial soap you've been using couldve been disrupting your body's natural ability to fight common diseases

O_o
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Evil

PostSubject: Re: I dropped my DSi in the toilet...   I dropped my DSi in the toilet... Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:03 pm

Rover wrote:
Evil wrote:

O_o
Spoiler:

still there are deadly bacteria
Back to top Go down
Rover

Rover

PostSubject: Re: I dropped my DSi in the toilet...   I dropped my DSi in the toilet... Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:12 pm

Evil wrote:
Rover wrote:
Evil wrote:

O_o
Spoiler:

still there are deadly bacteria
'K.
Back to top Go down
LucarioLady

LucarioLady

GU Credits : 5005

PostSubject: Re: I dropped my DSi in the toilet...   I dropped my DSi in the toilet... Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:26 pm

Wow, that's gotta suck!
Once when I was little I droped my pink Triceratops in the toilet and flushed it! XD (it was a little toy and I dropped it by accident)
I was so dumb back then!
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

GU Credits : 5055

PostSubject: Re: I dropped my DSi in the toilet...   I dropped my DSi in the toilet... Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:55 am

I've dropped the stylus in there multiple times =P
But the machine? Wow I'm sorry =(

Hopefully you didn't lose a good game too
Back to top Go down
BlackandWhite

BlackandWhite

GU Credits : 5119

PostSubject: Re: I dropped my DSi in the toilet...   I dropped my DSi in the toilet... Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:39 pm

Shnoogle wrote:

Well the games still work if it was in water, because I dropped my GBA once in water, then I got a DS and the game still worked.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheOshaWater
Rover

Rover

PostSubject: Re: I dropped my DSi in the toilet...   I dropped my DSi in the toilet... Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:57 pm

Shnoogle wrote:

I had Pokemon Ranger in it, but I think it still works. That's my favorite DS game, I play it a lot.

Also I'm back from vacation and I left it at home to dry but it still doesn't work. I guess if it isn't working now then it will probably never work again. At least that's what my dad thinks.
Back to top Go down
ConnorSaurusRex

ConnorSaurusRex

GU Credits : 5123

PostSubject: Re: I dropped my DSi in the toilet...   I dropped my DSi in the toilet... Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:19 pm

Rover wrote:
Shnoogle wrote:

I had Pokemon Ranger in it, but I think it still works. That's my favorite DS game, I play it a lot.

Also I'm back from vacation and I left it at home to dry but it still doesn't work. I guess if it isn't working now then it will probably never work again. At least that's what my dad thinks.

Put it in a bag of rice with as little air as possible. Worked on my iPod.
Back to top Go down
http://www.poyom0n.tumblr.com
Rover

Rover

PostSubject: Re: I dropped my DSi in the toilet...   I dropped my DSi in the toilet... Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:22 pm

ConnorSaurusRex wrote:
Rover wrote:
Shnoogle wrote:

Put it in a bag of rice with as little air as possible. Worked on my iPod.
Meh it's actually good that it doesn't work. The reasons...

1) The hinge was very loose.
2) I lost the styluses and I can't be bothered to get more.
3) The touch screen barely works.

So now I get a brand new DS Lite for Christmas if it's broke, so I don't want it to work now really. Plus I have a spare DS to have fun with and mod the cover like I did to my old DS (that broke also). Very Happy (I modded the screen before my DS broke and it was fine. It broke because I dropped it down the stairs and the screens fall apart. I just didn't mod the cover to my DSi because it looked harder and I didn't want to take chances and I'm lazy.)
Back to top Go down
Insanity

Insanity

GU Credits : 4958

PostSubject: Re: I dropped my DSi in the toilet...   I dropped my DSi in the toilet... Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:27 pm

When i was like seven, i dropped my GBA in the toilet, then the day after my mum got me a new one it started working again! Very Happy
She was so angry though Evil or Very Mad

Sadly, i don't think they make them as durable these days. Well, at least you get a new DS to replace the broken hinge and the faulty touch screen. Smile
Back to top Go down
Rover

Rover

PostSubject: Re: I dropped my DSi in the toilet...   I dropped my DSi in the toilet... Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:21 pm

Insanity wrote:
When i was like seven, i dropped my GBA in the toilet, then the day after my mum got me a new one it started working again! Very Happy

Sadly, i don't think they make them as durable these days. Well, at least you get a new DS to replace the broken hinge and the faulty touch screen. Smile
Yes, I agree that most of the old game systems are more durable than the newer ones. They also made them a bit more long lasting from my experience. My Dad has had an NES for about 20 years and it still works, and my Wii broke after only 1 year. It just broke because it was flashing blue one day and then I unplugged it and plugged it back in and turned it on and it wouldn't turn on. >_>
Back to top Go down
yoshibreathesfire

yoshibreathesfire

GU Credits : 5335

PostSubject: Re: I dropped my DSi in the toilet...   I dropped my DSi in the toilet... Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:41 pm

Rover wrote:
Insanity wrote:

Yes, I agree that most of the old game systems are more durable than the newer ones. They also made them a bit more long lasting from my experience. My Dad has had an NES for about 20 years and it still works, and my Wii broke after only 1 year. It just broke because it was flashing blue one day and then I unplugged it and plugged it back in and turned it on and it wouldn't turn on. >_>

There was once a gameboy that survived a bomb. (True story).
My sister's DS broke when it droped on carpet.
My Grandma's NES still reads games perfectly.
My PS3 had to be sent in because literally every disk wouldn't read.

New technology sucks.
Back to top Go down
BlackandWhite

BlackandWhite

GU Credits : 5119

PostSubject: Re: I dropped my DSi in the toilet...   I dropped my DSi in the toilet... Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:46 pm

yoshibreathesfire wrote:
Rover wrote:
Insanity wrote:

New technology sucks.

Old people and video games O_O
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheOshaWater
Rover

Rover

PostSubject: Re: I dropped my DSi in the toilet...   I dropped my DSi in the toilet... Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:59 am

BlackandWhite wrote:
yoshibreathesfire wrote:
Rover wrote:
Insanity wrote:

New technology sucks.

Old people and video games O_O
Alright Grandpa Dawson.

And was there seriously a gameboy that survived a bomb? Lol, what got bombed?
Back to top Go down
yoshibreathesfire

yoshibreathesfire

GU Credits : 5335

PostSubject: Re: I dropped my DSi in the toilet...   I dropped my DSi in the toilet... Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:21 pm

Some guy in the army had it, and found it in the wreckage of a bombing. Only the screen didn't work which was replaced.
Back to top Go down
Evil

PostSubject: Re: I dropped my DSi in the toilet...   I dropped my DSi in the toilet... Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:36 pm

yeah but if it dropped in the toilet

ewwwwwww I'd never pick it back up

its so dirty

I'd probably was it first some more Razz then drown it in ethyl alcohol and sterilize it with some hydrofluoric acid

ew ew ew
Back to top Go down
Pikachu!

Pikachu!

GU Credits : 4943

PostSubject: Re: I dropped my DSi in the toilet...   I dropped my DSi in the toilet... Icon_minitime1Thu May 19, 2011 3:30 pm

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that dude.

I've had my old GBA fall in water and it worked fine after it dried.
New technology is so wimpy!
I swear DSi's might as well be made out of glass.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I dropped my DSi in the toilet...   I dropped my DSi in the toilet... Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

I dropped my DSi in the toilet...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gamers United :: Into the World :: Bad Day Rants-
Jump to: