Gamers United
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-A Home for All Gamers-

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Crippler Aggron

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Pialga

Pialga

GU Credits : 5240

Crippler Aggron Empty
PostSubject: Crippler Aggron   Crippler Aggron Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:39 pm

Aggon w/Custap Berry
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Sturdy
Ev: 12 HP/ 248 Atk/ 248 Spd
-Metal Burst
-Taunt
-Endeavor
-Heavy Bomber

This thing is gonna be awesome XD.

Last edited by Pialga on Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:32 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

GU Credits : 5048

Crippler Aggron Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crippler Aggron   Crippler Aggron Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:42 am

You need to add all 510 EVs (You need 256 more). I'm kind of torn because it seems like you are trying to do too many things with one set. On one hand, you want high HP so you can Metal Burst for more damage, but on the other hand, you want a good amount of speed to abuse Taunt with. I am assuming you are using this as a lead?

How heavy is Aggron anyways? Because doesn't heavy bomber increase in power based on your weight compared to the target's weight?

Back to top Go down
Pialga

Pialga

Crippler Aggron Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crippler Aggron   Crippler Aggron Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:30 pm

Shnoogle wrote:
You need to add all 510 EVs (You need 256 more). I'm kind of torn because it seems like you are trying to do too many things with one set. On one hand, you want high HP so you can Metal Burst for more damage, but on the other hand, you want a good amount of speed to abuse Taunt with. I am assuming you are using this as a lead?

How heavy is Aggron anyways? Because doesn't heavy bomber increase in power based on your weight compared to the target's weight?

Well I added some EV's to speed. It can be a lead or counter, I gave metal burst to counter and kill, then custap activates to endeavor the next pokemon to 1 HP, Taunt is used of I know they don't want to attack. Aggron weighs 797.7 pounds so I figured Heavy Bomber would work pretty nice.
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

GU Credits : 5048

Crippler Aggron Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crippler Aggron   Crippler Aggron Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:33 am

How does the Cutsap Berry work?
Back to top Go down
Pialga

Pialga

Crippler Aggron Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crippler Aggron   Crippler Aggron Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:13 pm

When in a pinch, you get to move first next turn.
Back to top Go down
Evil

GU Credits : 5131

Crippler Aggron Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crippler Aggron   Crippler Aggron Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:47 pm

Shnoogle wrote:

If you can't make a valid point perhaps you shouldn't post! I sentience ye to the pits of the nine, may you whiteness their horrors each night till sunrise. Be this your punishment till you learn to act more accordingly.
Back to top Go down
eaglehawks

eaglehawks

GU Credits : 4926

Crippler Aggron Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crippler Aggron   Crippler Aggron Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:33 pm

Pialga wrote:
Aggon w/Custap Berry
-Metal Burst
-Taunt
-Endeavor
-Heavy Bomber

This thing itself is a cripple.

Anyway, this set is gimmicky, since one Taunt can shut this set down. First, the EV spread does not correspond with the moveset. I'll put my two cents in and change this set into a sweeping set.

Aggron@Life Orb
Jolly/Rock Head
4 HP/252 Att/252 Spe
-Rock Polish
-Heavy Bomber
-Head Smash
-Earthquake

This does much more and is more intimidating. Aggron can Rock Polish to hit a higher Speed, blah blah blah. The real change is the addition a Heavy Bomber. Now I'm using Serebii's game mechanics for Grass Knot and Low Kick. Aggron is 700-ish lbs., which means Heavy Bomber assumingly has a BP of 120. Add that with the rest of its set and his Base 110 Attack, it can hurt a large part of the metagame, or in-game wise, it is a hardy and strong set.

Back to top Go down
Pialga

Pialga

Crippler Aggron Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crippler Aggron   Crippler Aggron Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:31 pm

eaglehawks wrote:
Pialga wrote:
Aggon w/Custap Berry
-Metal Burst
-Taunt
-Endeavor
-Heavy Bomber

This thing itself is a cripple.

Anyway, this set is gimmicky, since one Taunt can shut this set down. First, the EV spread does not correspond with the moveset. I'll put my two cents in and change this set into a sweeping set.

Aggron@Life Orb
Jolly/Rock Head
4 HP/252 Att/252 Spe
-Rock Polish
-Heavy Bomber
-Head Smash
-Earthquake

This does much more and is more intimidating. Aggron can Rock Polish to hit a higher Speed, blah blah blah. The real change is the addition a Heavy Bomber. Now I'm using Serebii's game mechanics for Grass Knot and Low Kick. Aggron is 700-ish lbs., which means Heavy Bomber assumingly has a BP of 120. Add that with the rest of its set and his Base 110 Attack, it can hurt a large part of the metagame, or in-game wise, it is a hardy and strong set.

Thanks for that very generic set -_-, I already have an offensive Aggron thank you, and as to say most leads or set ups are vulnerable to taunt, but even tha isn't valid. Metal Burst, Endeavor, and Heavy Bomber are attacks-not support moves.
Back to top Go down
Evil

GU Credits : 5131

Crippler Aggron Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crippler Aggron   Crippler Aggron Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:04 pm

Evil wrote:
Shnoogle wrote:

If you can't make a valid point perhaps you shouldn't post! I sentience ye to the pits of the nine, may you whiteness their horrors each night till sunrise. Be this your punishment till you learn to act more accordingly.

when did I post this lol
Back to top Go down
Sir-Mao

Sir-Mao

GU Credits : 4964

Crippler Aggron Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crippler Aggron   Crippler Aggron Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:00 pm

Looks good, the metagame changed a lot. Thundurus could be a threat to this pokemon, they do carry focus blast. Since you have the ability sturdy it should be taken out by metal burst. However it will be gone after a revenge kill, and thundurus are most used as leads with others. As long they do not have a ghost pokemon you can use endeavor + custap berry combo. Or just do damage with heavy bomber before you bite the the dust. Taunt will be useful to cripple the annoying ferrothorn. They are also used a lot, with it's leech seed + protect + twave or toxic stall out. Rotom-W has been used as leads as well. With its typical trick choice scarf trap, so that could cripple aggron. Besides that looks fine to me, everything has a strong point and weakness.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Crippler Aggron Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crippler Aggron   Crippler Aggron Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Crippler Aggron
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gamers United :: Pokemon :: Pokemon Strategy-
Jump to: