Gamers United
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-A Home for All Gamers-

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

5th gen broken?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Pialga

Pialga

GU Credits : 5219

5th gen broken? Empty
PostSubject: 5th gen broken?   5th gen broken? Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:53 pm

I've noticed in 5th gen there are a bunch of really over-powered things in 5th gen that seem kinda overkill like some moves. Shell Break and Hi jump kick come to mind. Shell break gives a 2x boost to Atk, Sp. Atk, and speed? with the only drawback being a one stage stat drop to your defenses. I wouldn't mind it being a 50% boost but the 2x just seems out of nowhere. Hi jump kick's base power of 130 is just wtf, it should have just been 120 or 125 at max, or else it just 1hko most things. The other things is certain pokemon just have way too retardedly high stats: Ropooshin, Darmanitan, Shandera, and ononokuso. Why do they 140+ atk stats? You can clearly see the effects on the metagame, as everyone and their mother uses them. The most any non-uber pokemon should have at max is 135, but usually with a drawback of some kind, if not then 130 should be the max. What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

GU Credits : 5027

5th gen broken? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5th gen broken?   5th gen broken? Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:15 am

The end of the suspect voting round is close on Smogon, so they will be getting rid of a few Pokémon I'm sure. I'm predicting that Doryuuzu, Landlos, Latios, Rankurusu, and Drizzle will be banned this round. You may go, yeah those seem fine, but Rank? Why? Well, from personal experience, Rankurusu beats stall all by itself. It's only "checks" are Tyranitar and Scizor, and those aren't exactly hard to lure in and beat (like a Latias with Hidden Power [Fire] for Scizor, or a Specs Surf from Latias to Tyranitar). Then, with its CM set it beats stall single handedly, and with the offensive Trick Room set, basically everything on an offensive team is OHKOed with LO Psychic (which takes no recoil thanks to Magic Guard)
Back to top Go down
eaglehawks

eaglehawks

GU Credits : 4905

5th gen broken? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5th gen broken?   5th gen broken? Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:07 pm

Shnoogle wrote:
The end of the suspect voting round is close on Smogon, so they will be getting rid of a few Pokémon I'm sure. I'm predicting that Doryuuzu, Landlos, Latios, Rankurusu, and Drizzle will be banned this round. You may go, yeah those seem fine, but Rank? Why? Well, from personal experience, Rankurusu beats stall all by itself. It's only "checks" are Tyranitar and Scizor, and those aren't exactly hard to lure in and beat (like a Latias with Hidden Power [Fire] for Scizor, or a Specs Surf from Latias to Tyranitar). Then, with its CM set it beats stall single handedly, and with the offensive Trick Room set, basically everything on an offensive team is OHKOed with LO Psychic (which takes no recoil thanks to Magic Guard)
Doryuuzu I understand. Landlos, not so much. Landlos isn't overpowering. Yes, Sand Power gives it + Life Orb for Ground, Rock, and Steel type moves, but it isn't necessarily bulky. Anything with a boost in Sp. Att can kill it with a Supereffective move. After SR, regular Starm with Life Orb can KO ot most of the time.
Back to top Go down
yoshibreathesfire

yoshibreathesfire

GU Credits : 5307

5th gen broken? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5th gen broken?   5th gen broken? Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:56 pm

Every pokemon will only know splash. There, your problem's fixed.

I don't battle online, but from what I know, smogon bans pokemon that are over powered, so there really shouldn't be a problem. Every pokemon has some sort of advantage and disadvantage, so nothing is really broken.
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

GU Credits : 5027

5th gen broken? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5th gen broken?   5th gen broken? Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:30 pm

Landlos isn't overpowering.
-
Life Orb +2 Landlos 2HKOs Bronzong, Gliscor, and defensive Skarmory in the sand with Stone Edge. And those are its best "counters"
Back to top Go down
eaglehawks

eaglehawks

GU Credits : 4905

5th gen broken? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5th gen broken?   5th gen broken? Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:24 pm

Shnoogle wrote:
Landlos isn't overpowering.
-
Life Orb +2 Landlos 2HKOs Bronzong, Gliscor, and defensive Skarmory in the sand with Stone Edge. And those are its best "counters"
Bronzong is 3HKOed by Landlos with +2 Stone Edge.

Yeah, I see Landlos in a totally new light now. It's pretty scary. But it's also rather frail, seeing that Life Orb Swine with Ice Shard OHKOs it all the time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

5th gen broken? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5th gen broken?   5th gen broken? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

5th gen broken?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gamers United :: Pokemon :: Pokemon Discussion-
Jump to: