Gamers United
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-A Home for All Gamers-

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

You don't have bags of milk in the US?!?!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
yoshibreathesfire

yoshibreathesfire

GU Credits : 5335

You don't have bags of milk in the US?!?! Empty
PostSubject: You don't have bags of milk in the US?!?!   You don't have bags of milk in the US?!?! Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:53 pm

My mind is blown.
I learned today from an American friend that in the US, you guys use bottles for your milk.
This is new to me because in Canada we have our milk in these see through plastic bags (2 Litres each bag) and those see through bags are sold three at a time in an even bigger plastic bag!

What else don't I know about my buddies down there?
Do you have Wendy's?
Do you require a credit for a different language?
Do you spell it "Centre," "Realise", and "Colour?"

So many questions...
Back to top Go down
Pialga

Pialga

GU Credits : 5247

PostSubject: Re: You don't have bags of milk in the US?!?!   You don't have bags of milk in the US?!?! Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:46 pm

we use gallons or liters of milk. We spell it center, color, you get the point. Anything else?
Back to top Go down
yoshibreathesfire

yoshibreathesfire

PostSubject: Re: You don't have bags of milk in the US?!?!   You don't have bags of milk in the US?!?! Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:16 pm

Yeah, just something I wanna know in general from the Americans on this forum.
Do you guys know when Canada Day is?
Everyone in Canada knows when Independence Day is, so I'm just wondering.

Other then that I'm good.
Back to top Go down
Momo

Momo

GU Credits : 5136

PostSubject: Re: You don't have bags of milk in the US?!?!   You don't have bags of milk in the US?!?! Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:08 pm

yoshibreathesfire wrote:
Yeah, just something I wanna know in general from the Americans on this forum.
Do you guys know when Canada Day is?
Everyone in Canada knows when Independence Day is, so I'm just wondering.

Other then that I'm good.
Well no because well nobody tells us

WAIT YOU USE PLASTIC BAGS TO CARRY MILK
You don't have bags of milk in the US?!?! Milkinbags
mind=blown
so you have use all the milk at once :/

(yes we do have wendys ♪ you know when it's real
Back to top Go down
yoshibreathesfire

yoshibreathesfire

PostSubject: Re: You don't have bags of milk in the US?!?!   You don't have bags of milk in the US?!?! Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:38 pm

No, we don't have to have all of the milk at once. >.>

You make a slit in the corner of the bag, they actually sell tools for that here.
Back to top Go down
Momo

Momo

PostSubject: Re: You don't have bags of milk in the US?!?!   You don't have bags of milk in the US?!?! Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:39 pm

yoshibreathesfire wrote:
No, we don't have to have all of the milk at once. >.>

You make a slit in the corner of the bag, they actually sell tools for that here.
thats really wierd
anymore questions
Back to top Go down
yoshibreathesfire

yoshibreathesfire

PostSubject: Re: You don't have bags of milk in the US?!?!   You don't have bags of milk in the US?!?! Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:43 pm

Yeah, what's the point of measuring temperature in Fahrenheit? Celsius would be easier wouldn't it?
Back to top Go down
Momo

Momo

PostSubject: Re: You don't have bags of milk in the US?!?!   You don't have bags of milk in the US?!?! Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:46 pm

yoshibreathesfire wrote:
Yeah, what's the point of measuring temperature in Fahrenheit? Celsius would be easier wouldn't it?
Actually no Fahrenheit has less increase or decrease in heat so its easier to tell the exact temp. like here its 65 degreese which is kinda perfect temp not to cold not to hot but in Celsius thats 18.333333333333336
Back to top Go down
yoshibreathesfire

yoshibreathesfire

PostSubject: Re: You don't have bags of milk in the US?!?!   You don't have bags of milk in the US?!?! Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:09 pm

Momo wrote:
yoshibreathesfire wrote:
Actually no Fahrenheit has less increase or decrease in heat so its easier to tell the exact temp. like here its 65 degreese which is kinda perfect temp not to cold not to hot but in Celsius thats 18.333333333333336

Yeah, but we would measure that something like 18 Degrees, and in Fahrenheit that would be a huge decimal answer.

I was saying Celsius would be easier because it's simpler to know that 0 is freezing point rather than some random number like 32 (That is your freezing point right?)
Back to top Go down
Momo

Momo

PostSubject: Re: You don't have bags of milk in the US?!?!   You don't have bags of milk in the US?!?! Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:59 pm

yoshibreathesfire wrote:
Momo wrote:
yoshibreathesfire wrote:

Yeah, but we would measure that something like 18 Degrees, and in Fahrenheit that would be a huge decimal answer.

I was saying Celsius would be easier because it's simpler to know that 0 is freezing point rather than some random number like 32 (That is your freezing point right?)
Well yes but if you live using it you get used to it
Back to top Go down
yoshibreathesfire

yoshibreathesfire

PostSubject: Re: You don't have bags of milk in the US?!?!   You don't have bags of milk in the US?!?! Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:43 pm

That makes sense.

Most of this is because everything in Canada is spelled and pronounced like it would be in England, only without the accent because during the American revolution all of the Loyalists fled up north.
Back to top Go down
Randomer19934

Randomer19934

GU Credits : 4934

PostSubject: Re: You don't have bags of milk in the US?!?!   You don't have bags of milk in the US?!?! Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:44 pm

Hooray for British spellings!

I don't live in the U.S. but, we don't get bags of milk either. The whole concept seems very peculiar to me.
Back to top Go down
yoshibreathesfire

yoshibreathesfire

PostSubject: Re: You don't have bags of milk in the US?!?!   You don't have bags of milk in the US?!?! Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:04 pm

Randomer19934 wrote:
Hooray for British spellings!

I don't live in the U.S. but, we don't get bags of milk either. The whole concept seems very peculiar to me.
The whole concept of no milk in bags is peculiar to me....

I think the point is that the bags use a lot less plastic than bottles and I think they last longer than cartons (which we still have.)

Also, I don't think that there are green bins anywhere else but Canada, are there?
Green bins go along with the blue bins and garbage. Only biodegradable things go in them. It gets sent to a place where this type of bug eats it all and produces fertilizer of some sort.
Back to top Go down
Randomer19934

Randomer19934

GU Credits : 4934

PostSubject: Re: You don't have bags of milk in the US?!?!   You don't have bags of milk in the US?!?! Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:05 pm

Here, we have red and blue boxes and a green bag.
Glass goes in blue, plastic, cans and tins goes in red and card goes in green, where they all go to get recycled.
Back to top Go down
Pialga

Pialga

GU Credits : 5247

PostSubject: Re: You don't have bags of milk in the US?!?!   You don't have bags of milk in the US?!?! Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:55 pm

well our TV sucks in America, but alot of the crappy cartoon network shows are made in Canada, do you have this problem too?
Back to top Go down
yoshibreathesfire

yoshibreathesfire

PostSubject: Re: You don't have bags of milk in the US?!?!   You don't have bags of milk in the US?!?! Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:41 pm

Pialga wrote:
well our TV sucks in America, but alot of the crappy cartoon network shows are made in Canada, do you have this problem too?
I have little clue about what Cartoon Network even is. :/
I thought that it was just a company that made shows, but I guess it's a channel...
We don't have it up here and we don't have Nickelodeon or Disney either.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You don't have bags of milk in the US?!?!   You don't have bags of milk in the US?!?! Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

You don't have bags of milk in the US?!?!
Page 1 of 1