Gamers United
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-A Home for All Gamers-

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

5th Gen Team! :D

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
UndyingFury

UndyingFury

GU Credits : 5049

5th Gen Team! :D Empty
PostSubject: 5th Gen Team! :D   5th Gen Team! :D Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:01 am

What's this? A 5th gen team? It's about time!
And, I put pictures in this time! Very Happy
Let the horrible explanations begin!

5th Gen Team! :D Glisco10
Gliscor @Toxic Orb
Poison Heal [DW]
Impish - 252HP / 180Def / 76Spe
-Swords Dance
-Ice Fang
-Taunt
-Earthquake

Gliscor's new Dream World ability is Poison Heal! Poison Heal heals 1/8 HP every turn, Leftovers heals only 1/16 HP every turn; making Poison Heal and Toxic Orb the best recovery for Gliscor. Taunt turns Ferrothorn, Skarmory, Bulk Up Conkeldurr and Swords Dance Scizor into set-up bait, and prevents foes from Taunting me. This EV spread makes this Gliscor a great physical wall. He can also attempt to sweep (which probably isn't very likely) or just do some damage by Swords Dancing.

5th Gen Team! :D Jellic10
Jellicent @Leftovers
Cursed Body
Calm - 252HP / 20Def / 4SpA / 232SpD
-Hex
-Toxic
-Scald
-Recover

I picked the female version of Jellicent because the male version is really creepy IMO. Anyway, I'm using Cursed Body over the usual Water Absorb because...idk, I like the possibility of disabling my opponent's attack - which would be wonderful against a choice item user. Toxic Recover stall. Scald for possible burn. Hex, in case you didn't know, gets it's power boosted if the foe has a status problem. It's very likely for it to get it's power boost because my foe is likely to be poisoned from Toxic, or burned from Scald. Hex also gets STAB for Jellicent, again, in case you didn't know.

5th Gen Team! :D Hydrei10
Hydreigon @Choice Scarf
Levitate
Modest - 4HP / 252SpA / 252Spe
-Draco Meteor
-Surf
-Flamethrower
-Dark Pulse

This Hydreigon, being Modest and Scarfed, outspeeds a normal Garchomp for the OHKO with Draco Meteor. It also outspeeds Specs Latios. Dark Pulse is for STAB spam because the Sp. Atk drop that comes with Draco Meteor is a pain. Surf takes out Heatran, and Flamethrower for every other steel.

5th Gen Team! :D Heatra10
Heatran @Choice Scarf
Flash Fire
Timid - 4HP / 252SpA / 252Spe
-Fire Blast
-Earth Power
-Dragon Pulse
-Stealth Rock

Stealth Rock on a Choice Scarf set may seem weird, but I need Stealth Rock on my team. Here's an example of a moment where Stealth Rock would work well with Choice Scarf:
My foe brings out a Fire type pokemon while my Scizor is on the field, I can bring Heatran out as it absorbs Fire-type attacks. Any good battler would switch their Fire-type Pokemon out, predicting Earth Power. I can use that turn for setting up Stealth Rock.
With Choice Scarf, it outspeeds Blaziken at +1, Specs Latios, etc. With Earth Power, it can OHKO Blaziken unless it is Sashed. It also resists Outrage from Garchomp/Draco Meteor from Latios and can strike them back with Dragon Pulse.

5th Gen Team! :D Scizor10
Scizor @Life Orb
Technician
Adamant - 4HP / 252Atk / 252Spe
-Swords Dance
-Bullet Punch
-Bug Bite
-Brick Break

Scizor can set up in Ferrothorn's face and set up two or even three Swords Dances as it uses spikes (People don't seem to expect Brick Break or something...) and then proceed to sweep.

5th Gen Team! :D Conkel10
Coneldurr @Leftovers
Guts
Adamant - 120HP / 252Atk / 136SpD
-Bulk Up
-Drain Punch
-Mach Punch
-Payback

This thing sets up one or two Bulk Ups easy as hell due to it's bulk and then procceeds to sweep. Drain Punch recovers the health lost during the Bulk Up proccess, and it also has Guts to enter in a Will-o-Wisp or one layer of Toxic Spikes. Payback for Ghosts and Reuniclus.

I'm thinking of using alternative sets for Scizor and Conkeldurr. To make them more bulky:

Scizor @Leftovers
Technician
Careful - 244HP / 96Atk / 168SpD
-Bullet Punch
-Roost
-Brick Break
-U-turn

Scizor @Leftovers / Life Orb
Technician
Careful - 244HP / 96Atk / 168SpD
-Swords Dance
-Bullet Punch
-Bug Bite
-Brick Break

Conkeldurr @Leftovers
Guts
Careful - 252HP / 4Def / 252SpD
-Bulk Up
-Drain Punch
-Mach Punch
-Payback

What do you guys think? Should I use one of these sets instead of the ones I'm already using? Btw, the first Scizor set is Schnoogle's. Wink

Constructive criticism is welcome, but don't be mean about it! All feedback is appreciated!
Thanks for reading!
Back to top Go down
Sir-Mao

Sir-Mao

GU Credits : 4942

PostSubject: Re: 5th Gen Team! :D   5th Gen Team! :D Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:22 pm

Looks good but for gliscor you would want protect then taunt. So you can heal up during time of need. It's provides much more benefit to set up poison heal, and for the heatran part if you are talking about speed boost blaziken not blaze one. They are banned and put into the uber list. Cofagrigus counters scizor with its mummy ability and burning it with will-o-wisp. Mental herb cures taunt status, I haven't seen people use it though. And garchomp went back into uber, scrafty is also a threat if allowed to set up ddance. They carry crunch/ice punch/drain punch/ for there attacks. and the most overused pokemon seen a lot is uglamoth/volcarona. With its move set being fiery dance/butterfly dance/bug buzz/ hp ice/ground. It does look good.
Back to top Go down
UndyingFury

UndyingFury

GU Credits : 5049

PostSubject: Re: 5th Gen Team! :D   5th Gen Team! :D Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:46 pm

I play on Pokemon Online (because I can never find anyone to battle on Wifi) and the ban list is different (except for the Smogon server). Both Speed Boost Blaziken and Garchomp are allowed. I suppose I should've stated that in the RMT.
I see that Protect would be quite useful on Gliscor. But what move should I replace? I had no idea Mental Herb cured Taunt staus. Cool. Razz I have never seen Cofagrigus...ever. And I only saw Volcarona once (maybe twice, I don't remember) on a Sunny Day team. Ever since Politoad went into Suspect testing I haven't seen many weather teams.
Every team has some weakness, and I can see mine.
Thank you for your feedback! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 5th Gen Team! :D   5th Gen Team! :D Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

5th Gen Team! :D
Page 1 of 1