Gamers United
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-A Home for All Gamers-

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Video Game Nerd Game

Go down 
+12
Jared
eaglehawks
Rover
ConnorSaurusRex
Kanrik
Shnoogle
X
BlackandWhite
Darkravenn12
Momo
maxios
yoshibreathesfire
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
yoshibreathesfire

yoshibreathesfire

GU Credits : 5358

The Video Game Nerd Game - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Video Game Nerd Game   The Video Game Nerd Game - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:44 am

BlackandWhite wrote:
In Japan Houndoom is based on hell.

Momo wrote:
Bullet bills are called Killers in Japan
Speaking of enemy names in Japan,
Cubone, that pokemon with the skull on it's head is called orphan in Japan.
This is because in pokemon Red/Blue/Green, it's mother gets killed by team rocket.
:'(
So sad.

Back to top Go down
yoshibreathesfire

yoshibreathesfire

PostSubject: Re: The Video Game Nerd Game   The Video Game Nerd Game - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:10 pm

Hmmm...
No posts in a while.
REJUVENATE!

In the logo for super mario galaxy, there are twinkles over some of the letters. If you take away the letters without twinkles.......

Super Mario Galaxy

Ur mr gay.....
Back to top Go down
BlackandWhite

BlackandWhite

GU Credits : 5142

PostSubject: Re: The Video Game Nerd Game   The Video Game Nerd Game - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:45 pm

Super mario crossover is

SuperM a rioCro ss over

A**
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheOshaWater
yoshibreathesfire

yoshibreathesfire

PostSubject: Re: The Video Game Nerd Game   The Video Game Nerd Game - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:48 pm

BlackandWhite wrote:
Super mario crossover is

SuperM a rioCro ss over

A**
Erm...
For SMG the sparkles actually do spell Ur Mr Gay....
This was just kinda random...

Anywhoo!
Super Mario Bros 3 was first revealed to American audiences in the 1908s movie "The Wizard". This movie was literally about Nintendo games of the time. This movie is often ripped on for bad jokes/acting/directing, but I saw this movie, and it actually wasn't that bad.
Back to top Go down
yoshibreathesfire

yoshibreathesfire

PostSubject: Re: The Video Game Nerd Game   The Video Game Nerd Game - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:44 pm

Yoshi used one revive!

The flute from the original Legend of Zelda makes the same music as the flute in Super Mario Bros. 3. That same tune is used in the opening theme for The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

Also, the Great Fairy Fountain music from LoZ: OoT was actually used forst as one of the overworld themes in Super Mario Bros. 3.
Back to top Go down
ConnorSaurusRex

ConnorSaurusRex

GU Credits : 5146

PostSubject: Re: The Video Game Nerd Game   The Video Game Nerd Game - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:01 pm

Mudkip is the mud-fish pokémon.
Back to top Go down
http://www.poyom0n.tumblr.com
BlackandWhite

BlackandWhite

GU Credits : 5142

PostSubject: Re: The Video Game Nerd Game   The Video Game Nerd Game - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:43 pm

Tamagetake and Parasect are known as the mushroom pokemon.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheOshaWater
yoshibreathesfire

yoshibreathesfire

PostSubject: Re: The Video Game Nerd Game   The Video Game Nerd Game - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:08 pm

ConnorSaurusRex wrote:
Mudkip is the mud-fish pokémon.

BlackandWhite wrote:
Tamagetake and Parasect are known as the mushroom pokemon.
How did I know that you two would be the ones to spam this.

*Sigh*

A quote from The Legend of Zelda "DIGDOGGER HATES CERTAIN KIND OF SOUND" doesn't seem to mean anything if you're playing on the NES, but if you're playing on the Japanese Famicom Disk System, it refers to the add on microphone, where if you yell into it, the digdogger becomes vulnerable.
Back to top Go down
yoshibreathesfire

yoshibreathesfire

PostSubject: Re: The Video Game Nerd Game   The Video Game Nerd Game - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:26 pm

Yoshi uses Life Up Omega!

In the Ice Climber stage from super smash bros brawl, (The one with the sliding iceburg) the fish that eats you when you fall into the water is not from Ice Climber, but from the game Balloon Fight. This is because Balloon fighter was originally going to be a character in super smash bros melee, but was scrapped for the ice climbers.

Back to top Go down
Rover

Rover

GU Credits : 5133

PostSubject: Re: The Video Game Nerd Game   The Video Game Nerd Game - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:47 am

Pikachu gets angry is you call him an electric rat in Hey You, Pikachu! for the Nintendo 64.
Back to top Go down
yoshibreathesfire

yoshibreathesfire

PostSubject: Re: The Video Game Nerd Game   The Video Game Nerd Game - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:34 pm

Rover wrote:
Pikachu gets angry is you call him an electric rat in Hey You, Pikachu! for the Nintendo 64.
I definitely didn't know that!

In the game Kirby Superstar, during the Dedede fight that takes place in a boxing arena, if you go to the far right, there will be Mario, Luigi, Birdo, Toad, Shyguy, and Mario in the audience.

Also, in that same game, Lolo and Lala from The Adventures of Lolo are bosses.
Back to top Go down
Momo

Momo

GU Credits : 5159

PostSubject: Re: The Video Game Nerd Game   The Video Game Nerd Game - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:30 pm

Final fantasy got its name because it was gonna be Square Enix's last game but it did so well the company survived
Back to top Go down
eaglehawks

eaglehawks

GU Credits : 4956

PostSubject: Re: The Video Game Nerd Game   The Video Game Nerd Game - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:01 am

Charmander is a Fire-type Pokemon.
Back to top Go down
ConnorSaurusRex

ConnorSaurusRex

PostSubject: Re: The Video Game Nerd Game   The Video Game Nerd Game - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:07 pm

Can I use your laptop?
Back to top Go down
Jared

Jared

GU Credits : 5121

PostSubject: Re: The Video Game Nerd Game   The Video Game Nerd Game - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:09 pm

Keep this on topic or it goes POOF! D:<
Back to top Go down
ConnorSaurusRex

ConnorSaurusRex

PostSubject: Re: The Video Game Nerd Game   The Video Game Nerd Game - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:15 pm

Jared wrote:
Keep this on topic or it goes POOF! D:<
LOLOLOL I thought it was a "Ask a nerd" topic.
My bad.
3:

Although the name of the game is The Legend of Zelda, the main protagonist is Link.
Back to top Go down
yoshibreathesfire

yoshibreathesfire

PostSubject: Re: The Video Game Nerd Game   The Video Game Nerd Game - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:31 pm

The game Super Meat Boy is known for it's many cut scenes that act as throwbacks toward other past video games. For example, the first world has the main villain, Dr. Fetus punching Band-aid Girl right in the gut and kidnapping her. This is a throwback to Double Dragon for the NES, where the main villain did the same.
Back to top Go down
Randomer19934

Randomer19934

GU Credits : 4957

PostSubject: Re: The Video Game Nerd Game   The Video Game Nerd Game - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:25 pm

In LoZ: OoT, if you play Epona's song to a cow in the Lon Lon Ranch, it gives you a bottle of milk and says 'That music, it reminds me of the pastures.'
Back to top Go down
Pialga

Pialga

GU Credits : 5270

PostSubject: Re: The Video Game Nerd Game   The Video Game Nerd Game - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:40 pm

Guile's theme goes with everything
Back to top Go down
yoshibreathesfire

yoshibreathesfire

PostSubject: Re: The Video Game Nerd Game   The Video Game Nerd Game - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:58 pm

Pialga wrote:
Guile's theme goes with everything
Normally I'd call something as simple as this spam, but it's just so true.

Kirby actually has quite a nerdy history.

Early screenshots of Kirby 64 prove that the game was originally intended to be a full 3D game rather than a 2.5D platformer.

A Kirby game was announced for the Gamecube before it's release, and even though gameplay footage was shown at E3, it was never released.

Kirby's Epic Yarn was never originally intended to be a Kirby game at all, but HAL Laboratories decided to fit him in.

The final level before the boss fight in Kirby's adventure for the NES was a reference to the Gameboy game Kirby's Dreamland. It featured the same graphics, music, and even abilities.
Back to top Go down
Momo

Momo

PostSubject: Re: The Video Game Nerd Game   The Video Game Nerd Game - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:22 am

Nintendo got sued because kids got hurt by spining the control stick when playing mario party and had to give evetry kid who got hurt gloves this is why mario party one isnt on the virtual console
Back to top Go down
yoshibreathesfire

yoshibreathesfire

PostSubject: Re: The Video Game Nerd Game   The Video Game Nerd Game - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:14 am

Momo wrote:
Nintendo got sued because kids got hurt by spining the control stick when playing mario party and had to give evetry kid who got hurt gloves this is why mario party one isnt on the virtual console

lol you got that from TheRunawayGuys!

In the original Legend of Zelda, there is an old man in a dungeon that says "Dodongo dislike smoke" and nothing else. I believe it's in the second or third dungeon.

Zelda 2: The Adventure of Link has the same sort of character in the town surrounded by mountains with a character saying "I AM ERROR" and nothing else.
Back to top Go down
Momo

Momo

PostSubject: Re: The Video Game Nerd Game   The Video Game Nerd Game - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:06 pm

yoshibreathesfire wrote:
Momo wrote:

In the original Legend of Zelda, there is an old man in a dungeon that says "Dodongo dislike smoke" and nothing else. I believe it's in the second or third dungeon.

Zelda 2: The Adventure of Link has the same sort of character in the town surrounded by mountains with a character saying "I AM ERROR" and nothing else.
lol how did you know
Back to top Go down
yoshibreathesfire

yoshibreathesfire

PostSubject: Re: The Video Game Nerd Game   The Video Game Nerd Game - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:21 pm

Momo wrote:
yoshibreathesfire wrote:
Momo wrote:

lol how did you know
Because that's exactly what Chuggaa said and it was only yesterday....

Sonic Heroes is where most people believe Sonic started going downhill.

I personally think that Sonic started going downhill on Sonic the Hedgehog for the Genesis.
Back to top Go down
Momo

Momo

PostSubject: Re: The Video Game Nerd Game   The Video Game Nerd Game - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:23 pm

yoshibreathesfire wrote:
Momo wrote:
yoshibreathesfire wrote:
Momo wrote:

lol how did you know
Because that's exactly what Chuggaa said and it was only yesterday....

Sonic Heroes is where most people believe Sonic started going downhill.

I personally think that Sonic started going downhill on Sonic the Hedgehog for the Genesis.
It was sarcasm. plus go on skype

I dont have a nerd fact
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Video Game Nerd Game   The Video Game Nerd Game - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

The Video Game Nerd Game
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next