Gamers United
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-A Home for All Gamers-

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Best Game?

Go down 
+4
frynaut
oniongravy64
ContinuumShift
Kanrik
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Kanrik
Admin
Kanrik

GU Credits : 13983

Best Game? Empty
PostSubject: Best Game?   Best Game? Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:57 pm

Well, someone has to start things off?
Which game in the series do you think was the best, and why?

For me, had to be 8. You had a bit more of a say in the names of some things, it gave a travel and flying mechanic, and then you had the glorious power of knowing since disk one you would fall for the girl from before. I just like how your necklace is a summon creature/spirit/whatever.
Back to top Go down
ContinuumShift

ContinuumShift

GU Credits : 4919

Best Game? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Game?   Best Game? Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:12 pm

Final Fantasy VI I think it has the greatest antagonist of any FF game so far and he really moves the story on and gives the player a strong motivation to see the game to the end. The battle system was also a huge step up from previous titles. I'd have to say 9 is a close second however because of the real return to the real fantasy aspect of the series and the protagonist was a welcome change from Cloud and Squall.
Back to top Go down
oniongravy64
Admin
oniongravy64

GU Credits : 13998

Best Game? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Game?   Best Game? Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:41 am

A2 is by far and away the best in my opinion, because:

-So many class types you could never get bored of trying to find the best combination.
-Highly immersive storyline considering in reality most of the events would be impossible.
-The game lifespan is colossal.
-The bazaar system to unlock new items, rather ingenious in my opinion.
-The "hard" difficulty is actually a good challenge, as opposed to either brutal super death or embarrassingly easy way of making you play the same game twice.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/oniongravy64?feature=mhum
frynaut

frynaut

GU Credits : 4941

Best Game? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Game?   Best Game? Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:22 am

oniongravy64 wrote:

-So many class types you could never get bored of trying to find the best combination.
-Highly immersive storyline considering in reality most of the events would be impossible.
-The "hard" difficulty is actually a good challenge, as opposed to either brutal super death or embarrassingly easy way of making you play the same game twice.

Ditto. And plus, theres actually a reference to A1 at the end which is what I like most about the game.
Back to top Go down
Kanrik
Admin
Kanrik

GU Credits : 13983

Best Game? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Game?   Best Game? Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:16 am

oniongravy64 wrote:

I can't believe I forgot about A2. Come to think of it, I don't remember if I ever completely beat that game...
Back to top Go down
Elfar

Elfar

GU Credits : 5002

Best Game? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Game?   Best Game? Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:18 pm

It was 8 for me. Yes, it was an amazing game, but I also was very young when playing it, and played it for years to come. I just have such fond memories of it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Elfarz
yoshibreathesfire

yoshibreathesfire

GU Credits : 5306

Best Game? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Game?   Best Game? Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:54 pm

I've only ever played one Final Fantasy game...
So I guess that I have to say that it's my favourite then...

Final Fantasy.
You know, the one for the NES.
I've only ever played it for a couple of minutes, and I didn't know where to go or what to do, but by default, it's my favourite.

I've never gotten into the FF series. I like RPGs that Nintendo makes. Pokemon, Mario and Luigi, Earthbound Zero, stuff like that.
Back to top Go down
Evil Oogie

Evil Oogie

Best Game? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Game?   Best Game? Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:29 pm

I love so many FF games, for many different reasons... but if I had to pick a favorite, that Final Fantasy X (I am the kind of person who slaps the people who pronounces it "X" instead of "ten")

And I pick X not because of story, or characters although Auron was awesome, I loved, and I mean LOVED, Blitzball... My favorite Final Fantasy Minigame
Back to top Go down
ContinuumShift

ContinuumShift

GU Credits : 4919

Best Game? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Game?   Best Game? Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:52 pm

Evil Oogie wrote:
I love so many FF games, for many different reasons... but if I had to pick a favorite, that Final Fantasy X (I am the kind of person who slaps the people who pronounces it "X" instead of "ten")

And I pick X not because of story, or characters although Auron was awesome, I loved, and I mean LOVED, Blitzball... My favorite Final Fantasy Minigame

FFX also has the most awkward moment of any game ever and that's the forced laughing scene with Tidus and Yuna. That moment was just horrible to sit through and even more horrible if someone walked into the room while it was playing Mad
Back to top Go down
Evil Oogie

Evil Oogie

Best Game? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Game?   Best Game? Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:00 pm

ContinuumShift wrote:
Evil Oogie wrote:

FFX also has the most awkward moment of any game ever and that's the forced laughing scene with Tidus and Yuna. That moment was just horrible to sit through and even more horrible if someone walked into the room while it was playing Mad

I actually thought that moment was pretty funny, then again I played it when I was 13 I think... anyway to each his own, especially when it comes to "taste" in games.
Back to top Go down
ninetalescommander

ninetalescommander

GU Credits : 4923

Best Game? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Game?   Best Game? Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:43 pm

My favourite final fantasy is definetly 9
The story was awesome, the battle system was great and I just love all of it
Not to mention it was also my first Final Fantasy

As for the others, I loved 7, 8, 10 and 13
X-2 was alright, there was just a few things I hated about it

and for 12, thats just a load of rubbish

Oh yeah, quite funny I came across this as at this present point in time, I was listening to FF9 music
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Best Game? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Game?   Best Game? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Best Game?
Page 1 of 1