Gamers United
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-A Home for All Gamers-

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

About what is happening today's generation

Go down 
+14
Dragonmxz
BlackandWhite
Evil Oogie
LucarioLady
Pialga
oniongravy64
mrcatz
UndyingFury
Rover
yoshibreathesfire
Evil
Shnoogle
Orion
Sir-Mao
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sir-Mao

Sir-Mao

GU Credits : 4971

About what is happening today's generation Empty
PostSubject: About what is happening today's generation   About what is happening today's generation Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:41 am

Today's generation of kids and teens have no respect and this is getting out of hand. Makes me think that this future won't end well. There are few good kids and teens but most are down right rotten, kids being raise by computers and parents allowing it. To those stupid teens that think shooting games was the best thing since slice bread. I seen teens cross streets when the light was still red and cars were passing by. And where i live, the town is pretty peaceful but the damn teens from the high school i live near act getto. Well i just don't get it, i know the past was hard to live in but this is beyond getting out of hand.
Back to top Go down
Orion

Orion

GU Credits : 4977

PostSubject: Re: About what is happening today's generation   About what is happening today's generation Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:52 am

Totally agree with what you said Wink
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheFreaKazOide?feature=mhum
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

GU Credits : 5055

PostSubject: Re: About what is happening today's generation   About what is happening today's generation Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:54 pm

Yeah, we teens suck =D
Back to top Go down
Evil

GU Credits : 5138

PostSubject: Re: About what is happening today's generation   About what is happening today's generation Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:04 pm

lol@those elementary school kids

they're going to be more fucked up than us
Back to top Go down
yoshibreathesfire

yoshibreathesfire

GU Credits : 5335

PostSubject: Re: About what is happening today's generation   About what is happening today's generation Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:49 pm

It's actually weird...

I'm a teenager, and people in my class find it weird that I do behave well. Almost everybody is talking in class, throwing food at lunch, or swearing their butts off, but I was raised not to. Yet this makes me not cool?

*Sigh*
Back to top Go down
Rover

Rover

GU Credits : 5110

PostSubject: Re: About what is happening today's generation   About what is happening today's generation Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:15 pm

oopsies what have i done silent
Back to top Go down
UndyingFury

UndyingFury

GU Credits : 5078

PostSubject: Re: About what is happening today's generation   About what is happening today's generation Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:08 pm

Sir-Mao wrote:
Today's generation of kids and teens have no respect and this is getting out of hand. Makes me think that this future won't end well. There are few good kids and teens but most are down right rotten, kids being raise by computers and parents allowing it. To those stupid teens that think shooting games was the best thing since slice bread. I seen teens cross streets when the light was still red and cars were passing by. And where i live, the town is pretty peaceful but the damn teens from the high school i live near act getto. Well i just don't get it, i know the past was hard to live in but this is beyond getting out of hand.
I completely agree.
People say I'm well behaved. I wasn't really raised to be that, I just thought it was the right thing to do. I guess it also helps that I'm very shy. I hate all the kids at school who use like seven unnecessary cuss words in one sentence, throw food around and steal other peoples' food, annoy the teachers and not do work because they think it's "funny", and make fun of innocent other people.
/mini rant
Back to top Go down
mrcatz

mrcatz

GU Credits : 5016

PostSubject: Re: About what is happening today's generation   About what is happening today's generation Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:17 pm

Yep it's true. They'll all be in gangs and slashing throats affraid
Back to top Go down
oniongravy64
Admin
oniongravy64

GU Credits : 14027

PostSubject: Re: About what is happening today's generation   About what is happening today's generation Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:32 pm

To summarise, whippersnappers are shit.

More accurate statement, life is shit.

In conclusion, everything is shit.

The end.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/oniongravy64?feature=mhum
Pialga

Pialga

GU Credits : 5247

PostSubject: Re: About what is happening today's generation   About what is happening today's generation Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:25 pm

oniongravy64 wrote:

The end.

That's not true, because if you were shit you wouldn't care. I blame parents and media, this rant will be a bit more philosophical lol. Most Parents are lazy hacks who spoil their kids and are about as mature as their kids. The next problem is our media, since parents don't raise their kids, TV will. Considering TV is now a bunch mindless materialistic, titillating garbage that only dumbs people down. The pathetic thing is that these morons are just mindlessly following some elite's orders via TV, Laughing They're just sheep, stupid sheep.
Back to top Go down
LucarioLady

LucarioLady

GU Credits : 5005

PostSubject: Re: About what is happening today's generation   About what is happening today's generation Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:56 am

Well, you know what I hate?
People with attitude and say the word "bra" very often in their sentences!
Mad
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

GU Credits : 5055

PostSubject: Re: About what is happening today's generation   About what is happening today's generation Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:48 pm

Pialga wrote:
They're just sheep, stupid sheep.

lol my history teacher calls people who follow other things blindly "sheeple"
Back to top Go down
oniongravy64
Admin
oniongravy64

PostSubject: Re: About what is happening today's generation   About what is happening today's generation Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:09 pm

Shnoogle wrote:
Pialga wrote:

I prefer to call them wankers myself, but there we are.
Back to top Go down
Pialga

Pialga

PostSubject: Re: About what is happening today's generation   About what is happening today's generation Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:45 pm

Shnoogle wrote:
Pialga wrote:

I think I would like your history teacher.
Back to top Go down
Rover

Rover

GU Credits : 5110

PostSubject: Re: About what is happening today's generation   About what is happening today's generation Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:18 pm

Meh to elaborate on what I said earlier, basically I started going on the internet when I was 11, and spend most of my free time on it. Though my father doesn't care since we have 4 other children who are in this house too. Basically all me and my 4 little cousins do is go on the computer and play video games but my father doesn't care. I don't know, perhaps my life will be messed up. And I'm not blaming my father, either. It's truly my fault I guess, for going on here too much. Although I don't think I will do drugs or any of that, I still don't have a good life ahead of me. And neither do other children or young teens, we probably won't have good jobs or any jobs. The world will just get more messed up.

(By the way if you did not know I'm 13 now.)
Back to top Go down
Evil Oogie

Evil Oogie

GU Credits : 4970

PostSubject: Re: About what is happening today's generation   About what is happening today's generation Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:42 pm

All of the freshman at my high school seem to be well behaved, seem being the key word. But the juniors are so obnoxious that you want to smack them upside their head every time they go and open their mouths. Always talking back, questioning authority ( You respect mah authoritah), just being buttholes in general. I know not everyone of them is bad, I know some pretty bad seniors too, but as a whole they just don't seem to care about anything but themselves. And that's not right.

tl;dr
oniongravy64: "Everything is shit"
Back to top Go down
BlackandWhite

BlackandWhite

GU Credits : 5119

PostSubject: Re: About what is happening today's generation   About what is happening today's generation Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:30 pm

oniongravy64 wrote:

The end.

This is a brilliant summary.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheOshaWater
Dragonmxz

Dragonmxz

GU Credits : 4976

PostSubject: Re: About what is happening today's generation   About what is happening today's generation Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:38 pm

oniongravy64 wrote:
Quote :

The end.

BlackandWhite wrote:
Quote :

Yes, but its better than being dead and not being able to feel anyhitng at all.
Back to top Go down
Pialga

Pialga

PostSubject: Re: About what is happening today's generation   About what is happening today's generation Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:49 pm

Dragonmxz wrote:
oniongravy64 wrote:
Quote :

The end.

BlackandWhite wrote:
Quote :

Yes, but its better than being dead and not being able to feel anyhitng at all.
true dat
Back to top Go down
ConnorSaurusRex

ConnorSaurusRex

GU Credits : 5123

PostSubject: Re: About what is happening today's generation   About what is happening today's generation Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:53 pm

yoshibreathesfire wrote:
It's actually weird...

I'm a teenager, and people in my class find it weird that I do behave well. Almost everybody is talking in class, throwing food at lunch, or swearing their butts off, but I was raised not to. Yet this makes me not cool?

*Sigh*

We live in the same f****** house retard. -_-
Mom swears ALL the time. You weren't raised to not swear.
I swear a lot too. LOL

Anyways, teenagers have ALWAYS been rebellious. Be it in recent decades with their "NEWFANGLES PROTABLE MUSIC PLAYERS" or now with our "DARN VIDEO GAMES." We've always crossed the street without looking. We've always done drugs, partied hard, and gotten into fights. It's part of life.
Back to top Go down
http://www.poyom0n.tumblr.com
Pialga

Pialga

PostSubject: Re: About what is happening today's generation   About what is happening today's generation Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:27 pm

ConnorSaurusRex wrote:
yoshibreathesfire wrote:
It's actually weird...

*Sigh*

I swear a lot too. LOL

Anyways, teenagers have ALWAYS been rebellious. Be it in recent decades with their "NEWFANGLES PROTABLE MUSIC PLAYERS" or now with our "DARN VIDEO GAMES." We've always crossed the street without looking. We've always done drugs, partied hard, and gotten into fights. It's part of life.
You don't really study the degree of current society's depravity, the main difference is now this is promoted, I don't mean just rebelliousness: disrespect for humanity in general, sexual immorality (Its not a popular thing to say, but using other humans only as a means for physical pleasure is wrong, drunkeness, greed. These are more escalated than in the past. Most of my teachers said they were bad, but at least still had some strong morals they valued, I hardly see any of that today.
Back to top Go down
ConnorSaurusRex

ConnorSaurusRex

PostSubject: Re: About what is happening today's generation   About what is happening today's generation Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:35 pm

Pialga wrote:
ConnorSaurusRex wrote:
yoshibreathesfire wrote:
It's actually weird...

*Sigh*

I swear a lot too. LOL

You don't really study the degree of current society's depravity, the main difference is now this is promoted, I don't mean just rebelliousness: disrespect for humanity in general, sexual immorality (Its not a popular thing to say, but using other humans only as a means for physical pleasure is wrong, drunkeness, greed. These are more escalated than in the past. Most of my teachers said they were bad, but at least still had some strong morals they valued, I hardly see any of that today.

I beg to differ. Our parents got drunk, got laid, got used. It doesn't matter that it's "today's generation" that's getting worse. It's been getting worse since the beginning of humanity.
Back to top Go down
oniongravy64
Admin
oniongravy64

PostSubject: Re: About what is happening today's generation   About what is happening today's generation Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:52 pm

Funny how this week I've been doing "Social Geography" (as part of my degree) and this was one of the questions, "Are current teenagers getting worse?".

Now to supply the logic:

The "teenager" was created by the US during the rock and roll revolution. ~16 year olds for the first time had both disposable income and some aspiration to not follow their parents, both in terms of personality and appearance, so you could say they were the first batch of "rebels".

"I beg to differ. Our parents got drunk, got laid, got used. It doesn't matter that it's "today's generation" that's getting worse. It's been getting worse since the beginning of humanity." <-- That is clearly incorrect and is not founded on any strong information. Who are we to say how the pattern changed millennia ago?

People don't get "worse" as such either, they only get worse based on our increasing expectations and because our expectations are always changing it is impossible to properly compare which generation of teenagers actually has been the "worst".

It is much easier to say everything is shit and move on.
Back to top Go down
ConnorSaurusRex

ConnorSaurusRex

PostSubject: Re: About what is happening today's generation   About what is happening today's generation Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:05 pm

I think you misunderstood what I meant a little. When I said "getting worse" I meant in the eyes of our elders. Sorry I didn't really state that guys.

Anyways, my information about being rebellious and getting drunk/laid/used is based on my family and my teachers. My science teacher today said she used to skip class to get extra work done (I know this isn't exactly "BAMF" material, but it's still not following expectations) and somebody in my family told me once they did pot in my grandma's backyard when they were teenagers.

I think I'll re-write my little thesis as: we appear to be getting wrose based on the expectations of others.
Back to top Go down
yoshibreathesfire

yoshibreathesfire

GU Credits : 5335

PostSubject: Re: About what is happening today's generation   About what is happening today's generation Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:01 pm

ConnorSaurusRex wrote:
yoshibreathesfire wrote:
It's actually weird...

*Sigh*

I swear a lot too. LOL

1) Don't call me a retard on the forums as that's flaming.

2) If what you said is and has always been part of life, then that's not a good thing. If today's generation wants to look forward to a decent proffesion when they're older, then they shouldn't be getting into fights or doing drugs. Although I don't entirely dissagree with your post either. What's sad is that being offered drugs, and getting into fights has become part of life, and we need to learn that other people don't decide what we do with our lives.

Peer pressure is a very serious thing and it leads people into drugs or violence.

My generation is so screwed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: About what is happening today's generation   About what is happening today's generation Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

About what is happening today's generation
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next