Gamers United
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-A Home for All Gamers-

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Adventure Time?

Go down 
+5
Pialga
Momo
Randomer19934
UndyingFury
yoshibreathesfire
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
yoshibreathesfire

yoshibreathesfire

GU Credits : 5307

Adventure Time? Empty
PostSubject: Adventure Time?   Adventure Time? Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:20 pm

Okay, I went down to the states today to visit some family friends, and the little kid of the bunch showed me this show called 'Adventure Time.'

This show was by far the weirdest show I've ever seen...

It doesn't air in Canada, and I'm not too sure about Europe, but this show was messed up.

It's all about this weird kid in a bunny hood who wants to be some hero and his dog that can randomly change it's size and shape, and they're just walking around looking for.... Well.... Adventure...

The weirdest part about this show is the facial expressions of the kid in the bunny hood. I'm too lazy to look up a picture, but search 'Adventure Time' on Google Images and I'm sure you'll find more than enough weird ones.

I just have one question though.
Why is this show popular?!?!
According to whatever channel I was watching it on, it was one of the most popular shows on the network....
Back to top Go down
UndyingFury

UndyingFury

GU Credits : 5050

Adventure Time? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure Time?   Adventure Time? Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:21 am

I've seen that show before. It airs on Cartoon Network. Cartoon Network used to have a bunch of awesome cartoons, but now they just completely screwed it up. Now there's all these weird and stupid shows on it...I only watch it if Pokemon is on or something. You're lucky that you haven't seen 'Flapjack'. *shudders* I think I lost some brain cells when I saw that show for the first time... Adventure Time is probably the most tolerable of any of the other cartoons on Cartoon Network.
Back to top Go down
Randomer19934

Randomer19934

GU Credits : 4906

Adventure Time? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure Time?   Adventure Time? Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:58 am

We don't get Pokemon on Cartoon Network any more... in fact, we don't get Pokemon on TV any more.
P.S. I searched, and I like it. The visuals remind me of David Firth cartoons.
Back to top Go down
Momo

Momo

GU Credits : 5108

Adventure Time? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure Time?   Adventure Time? Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:51 am

Yes it is wierd but its kinda funny Its much better than flapjack *cries*

btw under that hood he has like 50 feet long golden blonde hair no jokes
Back to top Go down
Pialga

Pialga

GU Credits : 5219

Adventure Time? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure Time?   Adventure Time? Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:20 pm

just avoid most TV in the states, it sucks for the most part. The onyl stations I watch now are Travel channel, history channel, food network, animal planet, discovery, and nicktoons.
Back to top Go down
yoshibreathesfire

yoshibreathesfire

Adventure Time? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure Time?   Adventure Time? Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:20 am

Flapjack?
I feel kinda bad now...

The cartoons that we do get here are actually pretty decent for the most part, but the States seem to be leaking and this new show aired on YTV (Canadian equivalent of Nick) about half naked animals or something.

To be honest, the best cartoons here are the ones that are actually made by Canadians like 'Total Drama Island' or '6teen'.
Back to top Go down
Momo

Momo

Adventure Time? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure Time?   Adventure Time? Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:36 pm

yoshibreathesfire wrote:
Flapjack?
I feel kinda bad now...

The cartoons that we do get here are actually pretty decent for the most part, but the States seem to be leaking and this new show aired on YTV (Canadian equivalent of Nick) about half naked animals or something.

To be honest, the best cartoons here are the ones that are actually made by Canadians like 'Total Drama Island' or '6teen'.

What half naked animals?

Never ever watch flapjack or else you will forever be traumatized
Back to top Go down
yoshibreathesfire

yoshibreathesfire

Adventure Time? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure Time?   Adventure Time? Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:56 pm

Momo wrote:

Erm....
I'll keep that in mind...

Are the channels in the US the same as England or the UK in general?
Back to top Go down
Momo

Momo

Adventure Time? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure Time?   Adventure Time? Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:59 pm

yoshibreathesfire wrote:
Momo wrote:

Erm....

I doubt it

Back to top Go down
Randomer19934

Randomer19934

Adventure Time? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure Time?   Adventure Time? Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:06 am

yoshibreathesfire wrote:
Momo wrote:

Erm....

No, they aren't. We don't get channels such as ABC NBC or PBS; instead we get BBC, ITV and I think Channel 4 and FIVE (Not sure if the last two are in America). However, I do believe that all of the cartoon/kids channels are the same, bar CITV.
But don't quote me on that.
Back to top Go down
yoshibreathesfire

yoshibreathesfire

Adventure Time? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure Time?   Adventure Time? Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:15 pm

Ah, I see.

Oh, and the absolute worst thing has happened.

I rarely watch cartoons anymore, so I was almost in tears when I heard that two "new" series are coming to Teletoon.

Adventure Time, and Flapjack.

This is why I play video games.
Back to top Go down
Momo

Momo

Adventure Time? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure Time?   Adventure Time? Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:54 pm

yoshibreathesfire wrote:
Ah, I see.

Oh, and the absolute worst thing has happened.

I rarely watch cartoons anymore, so I was almost in tears when I heard that two "new" series are coming to Teletoon.

Adventure Time, and Flapjack.

This is why I play video games.

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wait isnt flapjack canceled...
Back to top Go down
yoshibreathesfire

yoshibreathesfire

Adventure Time? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure Time?   Adventure Time? Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:43 pm

Momo wrote:

wait isnt flapjack canceled...

I dunno, they didn't even show clips of it, so I could still be considered 'lucky.'
Back to top Go down
Storm

Storm

GU Credits : 4781

Adventure Time? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure Time?   Adventure Time? Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:48 pm

God dont get me started on flapjack.i wanted too kill myself after that.
Back to top Go down
http://dittonforums.nstars.org/
The Underminer

The Underminer

GU Credits : 4761

Adventure Time? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure Time?   Adventure Time? Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:23 pm

Pokemon is on TV on CITV on weekday mornings.
also at pokemonepisode.org
Back to top Go down
yoshibreathesfire

yoshibreathesfire

Adventure Time? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure Time?   Adventure Time? Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:19 pm

The Underminer wrote:
Pokemon is on TV on CITV on weekday mornings.
also at pokemonepisode.org
What is CITV?

Pokemon plays on YTV here, but I don't watch it anymore because it sucks compared to the first season.
Barely any animes play at all in Canada. We don't have a 4Kids channel or whatever it's called.
Back to top Go down
Randomer19934

Randomer19934

Adventure Time? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure Time?   Adventure Time? Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:28 pm

CITV is a television network. I believe that it's exclusive to UK.
It's the channel that is the children's version of ITV.
Back to top Go down
yoshibreathesfire

yoshibreathesfire

Adventure Time? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure Time?   Adventure Time? Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:39 pm

I know nothing of those channels. The only ones I really watch now are the Comedy Network and the Discovery Channel.
Back to top Go down
The Underminer

The Underminer

GU Credits : 4761

Adventure Time? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure Time?   Adventure Time? Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:21 pm

Yeah I live in the uk
You probably can't get it in Canada
Back to top Go down
Elfar

Elfar

GU Credits : 5003

Adventure Time? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure Time?   Adventure Time? Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:27 pm

Psyneku wrote:
Storm wrote:
I know underminer in real life we where best friends but then someone else got in the way >Sad

That's irrelevant to this topic.
This place has rules too, ya know.
Although there's hardly ever anyone to enforce them. Razz

I'll enforce them.

That's lovely storm, but, like he said, there are rules. It's no big deal, but I'll delete Storm's posts and Psyneku's post since it pertains to the irrelevant posts.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Elfarz
X

GU Credits : 5062

Adventure Time? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure Time?   Adventure Time? Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:49 pm

Elfar wrote:
Psyneku wrote:
Storm wrote:
I know underminer in real life we where best friends but then someone else got in the way >Sad

That's irrelevant to this topic.
This place has rules too, ya know.
Although there's hardly ever anyone to enforce them. Razz

I'll enforce them.

That's lovely storm, but, like he said, there are rules. It's no big deal, but I'll delete Storm's posts and Psyneku's post since it pertains to the irrelevant posts.

Attaboy.
Back to top Go down
yoshibreathesfire

yoshibreathesfire

Adventure Time? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure Time?   Adventure Time? Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:44 pm

Thanks Elfar.

Back to the topic I guess.

Since we don't have Cartoon Network in Canada, I've never seen the show Ed Edd and Eddy, (Is that what it's called?) but I've definitely heard of it because there are a lot of videos about it on Youtube.

Anyways, what's that show all about? I know absolutely nothing.

Last edited by yoshibreathesfire on Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Punctuation error)
Back to top Go down
Pialga

Pialga

GU Credits : 5219

Adventure Time? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure Time?   Adventure Time? Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:46 pm

yoshibreathesfire wrote:
Thanks Elfar.

Since we don't have Cartoon Network in Canada, I've never seen the show Ed Edd and Eddy, (Is that what it's called?) but I've definitely heard of it because there are a lot of videos about it on Youtube.

well its a comedy about the many misadventures of the three eds and the rest of the couldesack.
Back to top Go down
yoshibreathesfire

yoshibreathesfire

Adventure Time? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure Time?   Adventure Time? Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:51 pm

Pialga wrote:
yoshibreathesfire wrote:
Thanks Elfar.

well its a comedy about the many misadventures of the three eds and the rest of the couldesack.

That was very descriptive.[/sarcasm]
Back to top Go down
UndyingFury

UndyingFury

GU Credits : 5050

Adventure Time? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure Time?   Adventure Time? Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:27 pm

Well, I like Ed, Edd, and Eddy Smile
Ed, Edd n Eddy is the longest running original animated series produced by Cartoon Network. The series was originally rated TV-G, but the rating was later changed to TV-Y7.

The show is based on three pre-adolescent boys, Ed, Edd and Eddy. They hang around their fictional suburban neighborhood of Peach Creek, coming up with scams to con their peers for cash, so they can buy themselves a handful of their favorite treat, jawbreakers. Their plans normally fail though, leaving them in predicaments and situations that always go haywire. The characters almost never leave the neighborhood, and adults are nowhere to be seen. The only other adult that seemed to appear (in the movie) was Eddy's Brother, but it is unknown if he's 18, 19, or even in his early 20s.

The series was first aired January 4, 1999 on Cartoon Network after being delayed from December 1998, and continues to do so. Originally, there were to only be four seasons; Cartoon Network, however, had ordered two more seasons of Ed, Edd n Eddy, bringing the series' length to six seasons. The sixth season, however, has been cut short as it will include a 90 minute TV movie, Ed, Edd n Eddy's Big Picture Show. There are also three holiday specials for Halloween, Christmas, Valentine's Day, and a special extraterrestrial oriented episode for Cartoon Network's mini-series "Cartoon Network Invaded".

The 90 minute TV movie, tentatively titled "Ed, Edd n Eddy's Big Picture Show", premiered November 8th 2009 in the U.S.A.

Yeah, I totally didn't copy and paste that. Razz
If you want more information on the characters and stuff, just check their wiki page.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Adventure Time? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure Time?   Adventure Time? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Adventure Time?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next