Gamers United
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-A Home for All Gamers-

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I know I should be making teams for 5th Gen instead, but...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
UndyingFury

UndyingFury

GU Credits : 5071

I know I should be making teams for 5th Gen instead, but... Empty
PostSubject: I know I should be making teams for 5th Gen instead, but...   I know I should be making teams for 5th Gen instead, but... Icon_minitime1Mon May 30, 2011 7:01 pm

4th Gen is still really fun for me! I'm really good at it. I'm average at 5th Gen, and I don't like practicing on PO because if I make bad decisions in battle, my opponents sometimes say mean things to me. Sad Then it makes me angry and I want to come to their house and shove their computer up their ass (now isn't that lady-like? Wink).
But anyway, here's a new team:

Swampert @Leftovers
Relaxed - 248HP / 216Def / 44SpD
-Stealth Rock
-Earthquake
-Ice Beam
-Roar

I've never used a Swampert lead before, but I've seen other people use it and it works well. So I decided to use it. It's purpose on this team is to set up rocks and Roar away Pokemon that are trying to set up. It's quite bulky, so it can take many hits before it goes down.

Mamoswine @Choice Band
Jolly - 252Atk / 4Def / 252Spe
-Earthquake
-Ice Shard
-Stone Edge
-Superpower

I've never used a Mamoswine before either. Mamoswine is the reason I made this team. I wanted to try it out. Choice Band Ice Shard takes care of any OU Dragon type in one shot (except Kingdra). So it's good for Revenge killing DD Dragonite. Stone Edge and Superpower are for coverage. Mamoswine has one of the most powerful Earthquakes in the game. It will do a lot of damage to almost anything. Mamoswine doesn't mind getting a Choice Scarf through Trick. I use Jolly instead of Adamant for more speed since my Attack is already high with Choice Band. I'm considering using Expert Belt instead of Choice Band to use as a choice bluff. Then I could get some KOs that I wouldn't have got if I was choice locked. What do you guys think?

Gyarados @Leftovers / Lum Berry(?)
Adamant - 252Atk / 4Def / 252Spe
-Waterfall
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Dragon Dance

Oh how I love to use DD Gyarados. Smile Simple set up. I use Dragon Dance, then own at least half of the entire OU metagame. I use Leftovers on this Gyarados instead of the Life Orb most people use. It helps him last longer, especially if my opponent has rocks up. I'm also considering using a Lum Berry instead. Just in case my opponent gets off a status move like Thunder Wave or Will-O-Wisp. Which item should I use?

Infernape @Life Orb
Naive - 64Atk / 252SpA / 192Spe
-Fire Blast
-Close Combat
-Grass Knot
-Hidden Power [Ice]

My wall-breaker. I hate SkarmBliss. With a passion. I use special MixApe because I feel my team is lacking on the special attacking side. Life Orb Close Combat still takes out Blissey and Tyranitar just as well. With the Fire-, Fighting-, Grass-, and Ice-type move combination, Infernape attains perfect type coverage; it will deal at least neutral damage to every Pokemon in the game.

Vaporeon @Leftovers
Bold - 188HP / 252Def / 68SpD
-Wish
-Protect
-Surf
-Hidden Power [Electric]

My EVs may not look like the usual bulky Vaporeon EVs. It might appear that this EV set looks quite inferior to the usual set. But I've done calculations, and this EV set takes hits just a little better than the normal set. With 188HP EVs, Vaporeon gets maximum Leftovers recovery. This Vaporeon likes to pass Wishes around to all of her teammates. She's also a good Gyarados counter. She can take Gyarados's attacks, even with a boost, and KO it with 1-2 Hidden Power [Electric](s).

Celebi @Leftovers
Bold - 252HP / 220Def / 36Spe
-Grass Knot
-Recover
-Leech Seed
-Hidden Power [Fire]

Celebi makes a great physical wall. I gave it Leech Seed because it's useful in stall wars and it can sometimes cause switches. Plus, I just really like that move. Smile Hidden Power [Fire] is for Scizor and other Grass types.

Personally, I think I did rather well at explaining things this time. Very Happy By the way, have any of you older UT members noticed how much I've improved at Pokemon battling and team building since when I first signed up on UT? You guys helped me get better, so thank you. Smile

Constructive criticism is welcome, but please don't be mean about it. Feedback is appreciated!

Back to top Go down
Pikachu!

Pikachu!

GU Credits : 4936

PostSubject: Re: I know I should be making teams for 5th Gen instead, but...   I know I should be making teams for 5th Gen instead, but... Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:42 pm

This team is quite an impressive one!
It has it's weaknesses covered and has a plethora of offensive coverage as well.
The only downside that I see here, is that even ignoring the spoeedy threats of the 5th gen metagame, you're team is still sort of outsped by much of the 4th gen contenders,bar your Mamoswines priority move.
Might I suggest a max speed, choice specs infernape?
And perhaps a jolly, choice band Gyarados?

Of course, I'm only 2 months out of retirement, so grandpa might be too old for this Smile
Back to top Go down
UndyingFury

UndyingFury

GU Credits : 5071

PostSubject: Re: I know I should be making teams for 5th Gen instead, but...   I know I should be making teams for 5th Gen instead, but... Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:26 pm

I don't really like the idea of all of my attackers being choiced. It leaves me open to set ups, and I'll have to switch alot. I will definitely consider Choice Specs or even Choice Scarf Infernape, though.
Speed isn't everything. Most of my teams are similar in design (this one included), and they work perfectly well.
Thank you for your feedback. ^-^
Back to top Go down
Pikachu!

Pikachu!

GU Credits : 4936

PostSubject: Re: I know I should be making teams for 5th Gen instead, but...   I know I should be making teams for 5th Gen instead, but... Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:54 pm

UndyingFury wrote:
I don't really like the idea of all of my attackers being choiced. It leaves me open to set ups, and I'll have to switch alot. I will definitely consider Choice Specs or even Choice Scarf Infernape, though.
Speed isn't everything. Most of my teams are similar in design (this one included), and they work perfectly well.
Thank you for your feedback. ^-^
No problem. Thank you for considering my suggestion Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I know I should be making teams for 5th Gen instead, but...   I know I should be making teams for 5th Gen instead, but... Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

I know I should be making teams for 5th Gen instead, but...
Page 1 of 1