Gamers United
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-A Home for All Gamers-

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

5th gen team yo yo yo

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

GU Credits : 5078

5th gen team yo yo yo Empty
PostSubject: 5th gen team yo yo yo   5th gen team yo yo yo Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:47 pm

If you haven't played the 5th gen yet, or aren't experienced with it at all, please do your best to at least sound like you are experienced lol.
I just copied and pasted it from PO lol so no crazy formatting this time =P
And I'm not posting pictures btw... Okay maybe I will later but I'm tired and need to just post this so I can go to sleep

The team building process crap

I had previously made a team that was pretty heavy stall, and it was pretty good, earning me about a score of 1250 on PO the first few days I laddered with it. Soon after, though, I found that it had some major issues and I remodeled the team entirely. I noticed that one Pokémon who I shall call Green Jelly Embryo Pokémon (Rankurusu lol) gave me the most trouble, as with a simple moveset of Calm Mind / Psychic / HP [Fighting] / Recover it raped my whole team, as Toxic would not hurt it thanks to Magic Guard. Therefore, I decided to make a team around this Pokémon, and this team was born.

So far this team has gotten me to 162 out of the 20,705 people who play PO. This is a wifi team, so no unreleased Dream World abilities allowed.

I wanted to use Rankurusu as I said before, so I needed an offensive Pokémon who could set up on his counters and have good offensive synergy with. I decided on Nasty Plot Lucario, as it also checks Doryuuzu (who needs to be fricken banned but Smogon is all like, "no only 38% of the people who met voting requirements think it should, and majority rules blah blah blah) with Vacuum Wave.

At this point, I realized that Fire attacks would eat me alive, as well as strong Dragon Pokémon. I would have trouble with Ground moves as well. I decided on Choice Scarf Sazandora as it can come in on these moves and do whatever it wants to do lol. Lati@s was out of the question because of the extra Pursuit weakness, and I didn't want to have to throw a Starmie in just for Salamence or Dragonite.

I wanted a bulky Steel type who could take all the Draco Meteors and Outrages flying around now. I decided on Scizor, but not the standard CB Scizor, a much bulkier one with Roost.

I saw the big Fighting weakness and added a Burunkeru to help with that, as it also helps with all the stupid Politoed Rain teams that are so cheap (although I have played about 20 of them and have only lost 3 times). Since then, I realized that Burry kind of has no real good use outside of Rain teams and the occasional Ulgamoth or however that Fire/Bug's name is spelled. So, I have since replaced him with a very anti-metagame Birijion (thanks to Shrang from Smogon =D) to give me the same good SpD and Water resistance, but also be able to actually do something in battle haha.

Then, I wanted Stealth Rock and a way to check Rain and Sun teams, as well as the occasional Hail team. Hippowdon got the job because of Tyranitar's nasty Fighting weakness which this team couldn't have another of.

Hippowdon (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Ice Fang
- Earthquake

Typical Lead Hippo. Ice Fang over Roar because so many Garchomps and Voltoloses (another broken Pokémon but whatever) switch in looking to boost their stats. I usually frown upon really short descriptions, but there really isn't any more to say besides this: Keep in mind that Hippowdon isn't always my lead because in Wifi mode you can change the order of your party before the battle actually starts, so more often than not, Sazandora actually leads because of his handy Scarfed U-Turn.

Sazandora (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn
- Surf
- Fire Blast

What a great Pokémon! Amazing typing coupled with great bulk and amazing SpA and passable Speed make Sazzy and excellent Scarfer. Draco Meteor over Dragon Pulse because it is necessary to get the OHKOs on things like Latias, Machamp etc... U-Turn is amazing on any Scarfer, and Surf is for Heatrans, Nidokings, and other Pokémon that I can KO with it without having to take a -2 SpA drop from Draco Meteor. Fire Blast is for Steels, especially Nattorei whom I hate lol.

Lucario (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Inner Focus
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Nasty Plot
- Vacuum Wave
- Aura Sphere
- Shadow Ball

Lucario easily can double switch from Rankurusu when I know a Tyranitar is coming in, grab a +2 SpA boost if the situation calls for it, and then hack away with STAB priority in Vacuum Wave and unresisted type coverage. Shadow Ball actually OHKOs max Defense (not SpD, but max Def is actually pretty common) Burunkeru after a Nasty Plot without Stealth Rocks even being down which is sick. Burunkeru needs to switch into SR twice to be OHKOed with a Nasty Plotted Shadow Ball if it is max SpD.

Rankurusu (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 192 HP / 188 Def / 128 SAtk
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Psychic
- Recover
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Calm Mind

A great Pokémon to almost single-handedly beat stall. Usually, stalls best answer to this guy is Tyranitar, who I can OHKO 4/0 versions after a Calm Mind with HP [Fighting] or double switch to Lucario on. I got the EVs from the OU analysis from Smogon, and they work well. He has a lot of Defense EVs because he needs them to be able to set up Calm Minds effectively, and it's not like he has anywhere better to put them. I love when people keep their Roobushins in on Rankurusu as I am slower so Payback is only 50 base power, doing around 40% damage on average, so I can grab the KO with Psychic.

Scizor (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Technician
EVs: 244 HP / 96 Atk / 168 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- U-turn
- Brick Break

A great switch to many things, defensive Scizor has amazing utility against Lati@s, most other Dragons, Gengar, T-Tar, and many others. Plus, it's a great revenge killer with Bullet Punch. Brick Break is mainly for Nattorei and Heatran, although it only 3HKOs Nattorei at best, and 2HKOs Heatran, so I am considering using Pursuit instead for the Lati twins. The EVs aren't anything specific, but they do help me take random Draco Meteors and other Special Attacks, as well as let me revenge stuff a bit easier with the attack EVs.

Birijion @ Life Orb
Trait: Justice Heart
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Focus Blast
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice]

A very anti-metagame Pokémon atm, as it reliably OHKOs and 2HKOs so much crap. I am willing to test something else as I currently have no bulky Waters on my team and I could use a good one if someone has a suggestion that would help this team. Hidden Power [Ice] is for Salamence, Zapdos, and other Pokémon who resist my STABs.

Please rate and thanks for taking the time to read this!
Back to top Go down

5th gen team yo yo yo
Page 1 of 1